This list is roughly ordered by priority
- Sometimes infinite loop when jumping to next unread message. No clear way to reproduce yet.
Have to be fixed before 4.2
- When jumping to the next unread message and the message is the one before the current selected message in the inbox, nothing happens
- Sort order of folders not saved
- Sort order of folders should have a global/local flag, just like skin and aggregation
- Column sizes not saved
- Shown/Hidden status of columns not saved (when enabling/disabling columns with the header context menu)
- Clearing the quicksearch takes way too long, actually longer than loading a folder
- connect() errors during startup when embedded in Kontact
Should be fixed before 4.2
- Resizing column headers is very painful right now:
- A horizontal scrollbar should never be shown (both for the folder tree and the message list)
- When using "Fancy with clickable status", right-clicking the header and toggling the status column twice will move the status column outside of the view
- Maybe the column which contains the subject should always be the one which shrinks/grows
- Tab bar should be auto-hidden when only 1 tab is open, to save space. Opening a folder in a new tab could be done in the RMB menu. That would require that folders are not selected when right-clicking them (which is already a wish on b.k.o)
- Changing the sort order should not reload a folder if possible
- The tooltips don't have a timeout. When leaving an item, the tooltip timer should be reset to that it takes some time until the tooltip for the next item appears
- Tab displays "Empty" when loading IMAP folder and has unknown icon. Title should be "Loading..."
- When moving the folder tree/message list splitter to the right, the "Total" column of the folder tree expands instead of the "Name" column
- Re-add the ability to hide the quick search.
- Marking a message as important also marks the children as important. Only the "mark thread as..." should do this. Also, marking a message as important marks the first level children, but not the second level children.
- No shortcuts for expanding/collapsing group headers
- No shortcuts for tab handling (move to next/previous tab, open new tab, close current tab)
- Aggregation should use localized date format instead of yyyy-mm-dd
- When using the quick status filter with "Has Attachment" and then opening the real search, it uses the status "Important" instead
- The "View Thread in Browser" and "Save as HTML" actions are incomplete. For example, they don't support encryption, embedded message or any other advanced feature from objecttreeparser. Consider removing those actions.
- The whole "sender/receiver" thing seems broken, at least it doesn't work in my sent mail folder. But I think it was broken before the merge.
- The "When entering a folder, jump to xy" setting not honored
- Enabling the size column for the favorite folder view does not work
- When entering the skin/aggregation dialog and clicking "Clone" immediately, nothing happens
- When changing the name or the icon of a folder in the folder properties dialog, the tab title doesn't get updated
- The toolbar buttons for next/previous unread message are not grayed out when there is no such message
- In the skin dialog, when changing the background color of the group header, one first has to switch to "default", then back to "custom" in order to see the color chooser dialog. Some for other things in the dialog.
- On startup, a favorite folder is selected (when it was selected when quitting), but nothing in the main folder tree is selected and no folder loaded
- "Skin" should be renamed to something better
- The comboboxes next to the quick search should probably go to the menu bar. Those in general need to be cleaned up a bit.
- Re-evaluate the default skins and aggregations
- In Skin Dialog: Rename "To Do Icon" to "Action Item Icon" (or something like that) for consistency
- Same for message tooltip (Rename ToDo to Action Item)
- Empty folders should not display a vertical scrollbar
- The default group header color is IMHO to gray
- Rename "Simple" skin to "Classic" and "Fancy" to something better (maybe "Modern")?
- Rename "Aggregation" to "Grouping" or similar
- Inconsistency: In the aggregation dialog, the buttons say "Mode" instead of "Aggregation"
- When deleting a message, select the previous message instead of the next, because many KMail users are used to that
- Unchecking the "Folder always uses this Aggregation/Skin" option potentially confusing, since that changes the global aggregation/skin to the one of the current folder.
- The "Folder always uses this Aggregation/Skin" needs better naming and be more intutive (see above)
- Reconsider the default skin and aggregation
- Default settings for "Fancy" skin: Include clickable icons as well?
- Grouping by date should maybe create groups for whole months to avoid too many single-day groups
- Can we get rid of the background styles of the group headers that are not joined or do people actually want that?
- When grouping by sender, group mails with the same e-mail address but with different names into one group
- Remove the dockwidget code, since it does not support all layouts KMail supports, and leaving unused code behind is never good
- Remove support for multiple mainwindows, since we have tabs for that now.
- Either remove the commands/ subdirectory or split up kmcommands and mmove them there.
- grep for TODOs and FIXMEs in the new code and fix them
- convert some of the new global options to KConfigXT (GlobalSettings class)