The page will help Oxygen team to track and produce icons that are currently missing in KDE4. Additionally it will help developers to make requests for icons that they need for KDE4 related projects.
Instructions to fill out the request
- This page, being a wiki, obviously does not validate your request. Please take care when providing information about the icons. Note that this page is mainly for the team to know where is mostly needed the work, we'll do our best to fullfill your requests for 4.0 but however we can't guarantee that. =)
- When providing icon names please try to make them compatible with the actual naming scheme.
- Please provide clear but short descriptions about the icons, it needs to help the artists in imagining a good metaphore to make your icon. This point is extremely important. You may obviously also link your description if it's going to be lengthy. This will help us to manage icon requests, and check if there are any possible duplicates. The most descriptive you are, the best it is for us.
- Screenshots are sometimes a better way to easily show the usage of the icon. Provide metaphores when possible this will help the artist to visualize our reqest faster and give a better understanding of the reqest.
- As someone already noted, this is not the right page to complain or make suggestions about existing icon, this is just to know the remaining work.
- Please sort by module/application/priority
Missing Icons Table
General purpose icons
For icons like the folder, or the desktop.
|Icon Name||Description / Where can be found?||Done?||Assigned To|
|image-resize||an icon for an image resize action||No|
KDE main modules
For apps in trunk/KDE/
|Module||Application||Icon Name||Description / Where can be found?||Done?||Assigned To|
|kdebase||konqueror||filetypes||konqueror configuration dialog File Associations||No|
|kdebase||konqueror||filter||konqueror configuration dialog AdBlock Filters||No|
|kdebase||konqueror||enhanced_browsing||konqueror configuration dialog Web Shortcuts||No|
|kdebase||konqueror||cache||konqueror configuration dialog Cache||No|
|kdebase||konqueror||proxy||konqueror configuration dialog Proxy||No|
|kdebase||konqueror||fonts||konqueror configuration dialog Fonts||No|
|kdebase||konqueror||stylesheets||konqueror configuration dialog Stylesheets||No|
|kdebase||konqueror||cookies||konqueror configuration dialog Cookies||No|
|kdebase||konqueror||browser_identification||konqueror configuration dialog Browser Identification||No|
|kdebase||konqueror||text_to_speech||Konqueror text-to-speech plugin||No|
|kdebase||kwrite||insert_file||KWrite insert file plugin||No|
|kdebase||kwrite||word_completion||KWrite word completion plugin||No|
|kdeedu||kalgebra||application||Application Icon kdeedu/kalgebra/icons||No|
|kdepim||kalarm||kalarm||System tray icon, indicating alarms are enabled. Current icon is still the hicolor one.||No|
|kdepim||kalarm||kalarm_disabled||System tray icon, indicating alarms are disabled. Current icon still is the hicolor one.||No|
|kdepim||korganizer||timespent||Doesn't exist yet. an icon representing the new timespent view.||No|
|kdepim||korganizer||timeline||Doesn't exist yet. an icon representing the new timeline view.||No|
|kdesupport||strigi||strigi||Doesn't exist yet. It should be an owl.||No|
Other 3rd party Application Icons
For all the other applications
|Application||Icon Name||Description / Where can be found?||Done?||Assigned To|
|KSystemlog||KSystemLog icon||App icon - Made by a non-graphic designer developer ;-)||No|
App icon. Needs Oxygen colors, we don't really want to change design.
Misc Icon Requests
- So sorry -- this is an Oxygen bug but not an Oxygen *style* bug -- I have asked twice publicly on the mailing list so I am doing this to grab attention -- sorry again. Please see my request on http://www.nabble.com/Suggestion-for-Oxygen:-Highlight-difference-between-Kate-and-KWrite-t4447769.html and the bug report to help you track this wish at: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=138170 Thanks for your work and sorry again for the out-of-place posting. (I've moved this request from Projects/Oxygen/StyleWinDec Djmdave 14:58, 18 October 2007 (CEST))