- 1 Build and install KDE in a MeeGo chroot environment.
- 1.1 First required packages
- 1.2 Packages that require manual build
- 1.3 Required for kdesupport
- 1.4 Required by Phonon
- 1.5 Required by kdelibs
- 1.6 Required by kdepimlibs
- 1.7 Required by kdebase
- 1.8 Required by kdeplasma-addons
- 1.9 Prepare a folder for checkout and development
- 1.10 Download the kdesupport libraries
- 1.11 Download the whole KDE SC
- 1.12 Build kdelibs
- 1.13 Build kdepimlibs
- 1.14 Build kdebase
- 1.15 Build kdeplasma-addons
Build and install KDE in a MeeGo chroot environment.
- setup a chroot environment as described in the MeeGo wiki page http://wiki.meego.com/Getting_started_with_the_MeeGo_SDK_for_Linux
- modify the ~/.bashrc script as described at the KDE wiki page http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Increased_Productivity_in_KDE4_with_Scripts/.bashrc
- execute the following command (needed only the first time, not subsequent restarts)
- Once entered in the MeeGo chroot environment, setup the KDE build environment.
- Install the following required packages with yum for basic development (any dependency will be automatically installed by yum)
yum install packagename (as root)
First required packages
svn cmake git rpm-devel
Packages that require manual build
There are two packages that needs to be built before kdesupport. MySql, because is not present in the MeeGo repositories and SqlLite, because the shipped version is too old.
- Download the source RPM from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/ select Source code, Generic Linux - su root - execute rpm -i MySQL-5.1.48-1.glibc23.src.rpm - cd ~/rpmbuild/SPECS - rpmbuild -dd mysql.spec - cd ~/rpmbuild/RPMS/i386 - rpm -Uvh MySQL-devel-5.1.48-1.glibc23.i386.rpm MySQL-server-5.1.48-1.glibc23.i386.rpm
- Download http://sqlite.org/sqlite-amalgamation-18.104.22.168.tar.gz - tar xzvf sqlite-amalgamation-22.214.171.124.tar.gz - cd sqlite-126.96.36.199 - ./configure --prefix=/usr - make - (as root) make install
- cd - mkdir git - cd git - git clone git://gitorious.org/phonon/phonon.git - cd phonon - mkdir build - cd build - cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr - make - make install (as root)
- cd ~git - git clone git://gitorious.org/dbusmenu/dbusmenu-qt.git - cd dbusmenu-qt - mkdir build - cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr - make - make install (as root)
Required for kdesupport
boost-devel sqlite-devel bzip2-devel libxml2-devel dbus-devel raptor-devel redland-devel qca2-devel
Required by Phonon
pulseaudio-devel libxcb-devel gstreamer-devel gst-plugins-base-devel
Required by kdelibs
pcre-devel qjson-devel giflib-devel libxslt-devel docbook-style-xsl
NOTE: In order to work properly, nepomuk would need a manually built Virtuoso server, but is not required for the build tough.
FIXME: cmakekde appears to require makeobj from kdesdk, that's a bit weird dependency.
Required by kdepimlibs
libical-devel gpgme-devel cyrus-sasl-devel
Required by kdebase
libxkbfile-devel libXcomposite-devel libXdamage-devel libXau-devel
Required by kdeplasma-addons
libXtst-devel scim-devel (only if the scim widget is needed)
Prepare a folder for checkout and development
- su meego - cd - mkdir kde - cd kde - mkdir src - mkdir build - cd src - mkdir trunk - cd trunk
Download the kdesupport libraries
- svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdesupport
- execute the command (bash alias) "cb"
Download the whole KDE SC
- svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE
- cd kdelibs
- cd kdepimlibs
- cd kdebase
- cd kdeplasma-addons