Revision as of 09:56, 14 January 2010 by Ervin (Pointing out contacts information a bit better)
- maemo is the core software stack that runs on mobile devices like Nokia's N810 or N900
- garage is where the projects for maemo are hosted, somewhat compareable to Sourceforge.
- OS2008 is maemo 4.x (more info). Compare it with Debian's Lenny.
- Diablo is the version (feature upgrade 2008) of maemo.
- Scratchbox is a cross-compiling environment to enable you to create software for maemo on an i386.
- Busybox is a single binary that allows you to run commands like ls, cat and bunzip2
- Hildon is an application framework and desktop shell for maemo, compare it to the role that Plasma plays in KDE 4
KDE on Maemo
This page is for collecting information about getting KDE running on the Maemo platform used by the Nokia mobile devices N800, N810 and N900.
- Details on the Maemo SDK Virtual Machine
- Instructions on getting a Maemo development environment on openSuSE http://en.opensuse.org/Maemo
- There is also a KDE on maemo project at http://kde.garage.maemo.org/
- Tutorial how to get Qt installed on maemo
- Tutorial how to compile KDEPIM on maemo
- Tutorial how to get KDE installed on Maemo
- Tutorial how to get KDE installed on Mer
Some blogs entries about KDE on Maemo
Most recent on top
- Marijn Kruisselbrink: Having fun with qemu
- Marijn Kruisselbrink: KOffice on Maemo
- Girish Ramakrishnan: N810 is awesome
- Fredrik Gladhorn: Various Qt apps
- Marijn Kruisselbrink: KDE packages for maemo
- Marco Martin: Misc plasmoids on n810
- Marco Martin: Akademy, 810 and stuffs
- Richard Dale: Building Ruby on the N810
- Fred Emmott: Ogg/Vorbis on N810
- Tom Albers: N810 and OpenStreetMap and toma
- Albert Astals Cid: Maemo scratchbox on amd64
- Kate Alhola: Akademy 2008 Embedded day
- Antonio Aloisio: Qt 4 Maemo: the new experience.
- Marijn Kruisselbrink: Getting KDE on an n810.
- Marijn Kruisselbrink: Sound on Maemo
- Marijn Kruisselbrink: Plasma on Maemo
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.