- garage is where the projects for maemo are hosted. Compare it with sourceforge.
- diablo is the version of maemo. Compare it with lenny.
- maemo is the software that runs on a device like Nokia's N810
- scratchbox is a cross-compiling environment to enable you to create software for maemo on an i386.
- busybox is a single binary that allows you to run commands like ls, cat and bunzip2
- hildon is a desktop like plasma
For more information see wikipedia.
KDE on Maemo
This page is for collecting information about getting KDE running on the Maemo platform used by the Nokia N800 and N810.
- Instructions on getting a Maemo development environment on openSuSE http://en.opensuse.org/Maemo
- There is also a KDE on maemo project at http://kde.garage.maemo.org/
- Tutorial how to get Qt installed on maemo
- Tutorial how to compile KDEPIM on maemo
- Tutorial how to get KDE installed on Maemo
- Tutorial how to get KDE installed on Mer
Some blogs entries about KDE on Maemo
Most recent on top
- Marijn Kruisselbrink: Having fun with qemu
- Marijn Kruisselbrink: KOffice on Maemo
- Girish Ramakrishnan: N810 is awesome
- Fredrik Gladhorn: Various Qt apps
- Marijn Kruisselbrink: KDE packages for maemo
- Marco Martin: Misc plasmoids on n810
- Marco Martin: Akademy, 810 and stuffs
- Richard Dale: Building Ruby on the N810
- Fred Emmott: Ogg/Vorbis on N810
- Tom Albers: N810 and OpenStreetMap and toma
- Albert Astals Cid: Maemo scratchbox on amd64
- Kate Alhola: Akademy 2008 Embedded day
- Antonio Aloisio: Qt 4 Maemo: the new experience.
- Marijn Kruisselbrink: Getting KDE on an n810.
- Marijn Kruisselbrink: Sound on Maemo
- Marijn Kruisselbrink: Plasma on Maemo
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.