Starting with KDE 4.5 the Marble source code is supposed to be reorganized:
Marble Qt Library
- It's Qt Only. No KDE dependencies.
- Contains the actual Marble library. Suggested package name: "libmarble".
- Contains the base data. This includes the most basic maps: Atlas, Satellite, OSM and Plain Map. Suggested package name: "libmarble-data".
- Contains all base plugins.
- Provides the Marble Qt application (Executable: "marbleqt") as an example application (Compilation of this part can be switched off at wish).
- Located in SVN at
- Provides Qt development documentation, bindings and tools for Marble. Suggested package name: libmarble-dev).
Marble KDE application
- Provides the Marble Application (Executable"marble"). Suggested package name: kdeedu-marble.
- Provides the KPart. Actual location of this part in SVN needs to be evaluated for best reuse.
- Provides optional data ( Moon, Historical Map, Precipitation, Temperature, etc.)
- Located in SVN at kdeedu/marble
- What should happen to the worldclock plasmoid? Move it to the other KDE plasmoids (which would depend on libmarble inside kdesupport).
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.