Starting with KDE 4.5 the Marble source code is supposed to be reorganized:
Marble Qt Library
- It's Qt Only. No KDE dependencies.
- Contains the actual Marble library. Suggested package name: "libmarble".
- Contains the base data. This includes the most basic maps: Atlas, Satellite, OSM and Plain Map. Suggested package name: "libmarble-data".
- Contains all base plugins.
- Provides the Marble Qt application (Executable: "marbleqt") as an example application (Compilation of this part can be switched off at wish).
- Located in SVN at =kdesupport/libmarble=
- Provides Qt development documentation, bindings and tools for Marble. Suggested package name: libmarble-dev).
Marble KDE application
- Provides the Marble Application (Executable"marble"). Suggested package name: kdeedu-marble.
- Provides the KPart. Actual location of this part in SVN needs to be evaluated for best reuse.
- Provides optional data ( Moon, Historical Map, Precipitation, Temperature, etc.)
- Located in SVN at kdeedu/marble
- What should happen to the worldclock plasmoid?
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.