This is a starting page for all relevant KWin documentation, most of which is stored in SVN or on external WWW pages.
- For Developer Information see the KWin Section in the KDE Community Wiki
- libkdecoration API documentation - API documentation for the library used for developing KWin decorations (the link points to documentation for the current development version, for other versions: 4.0 ).
- KWin decorations HOWTO - tutorial on writing KWin decorations. Based on KDE3.2 and as such slightly outdated, but it is still usable for newer versions. Note that current decorations should use KCommonDecoration class instead of KDecoration directly like this tutorial does.
- libkwineffects API documentation - Documentation on API for compositing effects - currently needs to be done, developers interested in developing compositing effects for KWin are currently suggested to use source of already existing effects shipped with KWin (especially the Howto effect in the tests/ directory as a starting point) and/or ask on the KWin mailing list if necessary. NOTE: This API is currently considered unstable and subject to change.
- Scripting API and KWin Scripting Tutorial
- CONFIGURING - document on advanced KWin configuration (such as pre-configuring window-specific settings).