In-progress bugfixes

  • SadEagle:bug #169988 --- focus/blur on all elements, head/body parsing #?????, multiple problems with onchange (bug #170451, many others)
    • onchange on lineedit/textarea isn't called because handleFocusOut isn't called for redirected widgets
      • would something like do? I didn't actually tested the patch for lack of a testcase though.(Sp.)
        • seem to work fine so I'll go ahead... (Sp.)
  • working on integrating changes in 4.1.2 ChangeLog (Sp.)
    • Woops, done that already. Sorry. -Maks.
      • bah, nevermind... I'm too slow. Thank you.(Sp.)
  • need to add/update several testcases in regression suite for 4 or 5 five bug fixes (Sp.)
  • I have a patch for doing dns-prefetch as was suggested on , however I'm not sure what's the policy for sharing of private interfaces between sub directories of kdelibs... may I just #include <kio/hostinfo_p.h> or should this interface be made public first? (Sp.)
    • At the very least it'd need to have the class exported via the KIO_EXPORT macro

Acid3 stuff

See Projects/Acid3

Major targets

  • SVG --- vtokarev
  • DOM namespace changes --- vtokarev
  • HTML5 Audio/Video --- Spart
  • getComputedStyle w/display:none --- SadEagle
  • iframe stuff --- SadEagle, non-immediate
    • XSS permissions for about: and javascript: URL affect tinyMCE
  • canvas --- SadEagle, non-immediate:
    • New params to putImageData, createImageData, parameter checking updates
    • Depends on getComputedStyle:
      • Add support for currentColor
      • text

Potentially high-impact bugs

  • Selection crashes, affecting at least Kopete bug #170749, seen elsewhere, too (I believe I fixed this some times ago.. r855319 bug #167239 - needs test (Spart))
  • tokenizer script-recursion crashes - (what bug #? (Spart))
    • Might not be a good name, but I mean: bug #170185, part of bug #165601, part of bug #162498, later bts and dupes of bug #145666, and likely some others. My initial description is probably wrong, though --- the problem is the hack in handling window.document that creates the document by calling begin/write/end is doing so on a document with a parser active; one of the triggers is probably because the restoration of frames from KHTMLPageCache may happen in the wrong order, but the various reports suggest it's not the only case. (The reason for the original description is that I recalled seeing quite a few reports mentioning the same m_scriptExecuting assert, e.g. bug #118104 for a long time, and figured it's time to get rid of this; some of those are actually mixed in with the dupes of the above). -S.E.
  • QWidget::scroll bug (bug #167739) - ouch, I just discovered the BR and the analysis... that explain why the performance was so low on random pages. Need to use QWidget::scroll with a rect argument on Scrollarea's widget(), but also need to fix the associated Qt bug/inefficiency - doing that now (S.)
    • solved - will prepare a qt-copy patch
  • Sometimes changing pages doesn't repaint properly, leaving parts of the old one. I've seen it on, but can't reproduce now , here is one reproducible (r855004 on branch)testcase, though (but this one uses frames, not standalone) (-S.E.):

This page was last edited on 19 November 2008, at 19:33. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.