We are happy to announce the immediate availability of KDevelop 4.6.0,
which contains many new features and tons of improvements.
KDevelop aims to create an IDE which doesn't get into your way and nevertheless provides a powerful
and versatile set of tools for software development. Support for C++ and CMake are KDevelop's most prominent
and widely used features, but the 4.6.0 release also continuous to improve
the language support for PHP and Python among other things.
Aside from many bug fixes and general improvements, a few changes are especially noteworthy:
- KDevelop now allows to open files from the command line easily ("kdevelop $file").
- The area tabs ("Code", "Review", "Debug") now have a fresh look, which should make it more obvious how they are supposed to be used. Related to that, the Working Sets are now identified by a fresh, consistent set of icons.
- There's a new Project Filter plugin, which provides a poweful tool to define which files you want to be part of your project.
- Performance optimizations were done in various areas, making KDevelop faster and less memory-hungry.
- The ReviewBoard plugin now supports updating existing review requests.
- There's now support for building with ninja.
- Various improvements were done in the gdb Debugger plugin.
- CMake support was also stabilized and improved, and especially gained support for new CMake features.
- There's now a new, animated Splash Screen! ;)
- The Python language support has seen various improvements in its static analyzer, as well as in the code completion component. Especially, relative imports are now supported; types can be deduced from isinstance() calls; and there is now a built-in tool to extract information from non-Python libraries to be used by the IDE to provide better support for them.
Most KDevelop users should get a fresh copy of the new version via their distributions packager. Otherwise you can download the source from the official KDE mirrors: http://download.kde.org/stable/kdevelop/4.6.0/src/
To verify the integrity of your download, use the following hash sums for comparison:
MD5 Hash Sums
- 0c1a1e880d27990246e3bdd712db1037 kdevelop-4.6.0.tar.xz
- 83a984a090596dcce0a71ed63aa1e037 kdevelop-php-1.6.0.tar.xz
- 44d324bfad5598d0201e4208e2bf4c8f kdevelop-php-docs-1.6.0.tar.xz
- 26d78c5374d35ec48d38b780e011883a kdevplatform-1.6.0.tar.xz
- 146ca82161dada9d32dc31e7e3e1a19d kdev-python-1.6.0.tar.xz
SHA1 Hash Sums
- 2b723c3e16c41dbcd9817336893eff85712cb11d kdevelop-4.6.0.tar.xz
- 705b1f36a6fbbac207e8ca78619827206b75b48e kdevelop-php-1.6.0.tar.xz
- 98d7efe6f983c4b439c6cbdc40d427e14954298f kdevelop-php-docs-1.6.0.tar.xz
- 8ed8ccb63b64a3675716f1ad14b4a73fcbf4133d kdevplatform-1.6.0.tar.xz
- 88618dbd3a80d5193f49f6c61a6ad02a5e9c0652 kdev-python-1.6.0.tar.xz