Difference between revisions of "Projects/KDE on Windows/kf5/meetingnotes-2014-05-06"

Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Agenda:
 
Agenda:
* supported platforms (windows xp? yes or no)
+
* supported platforms (windows xp? yes or no): <br/>we decided that it doesn't make sense to keep xp supported, nobody has such a system anymore, qt itself (angle) doesn't support it, so it might be more and more problematic to keep this running.
we decided that it doesn't make sense to keep xp supported, nobody has such a system anymore, qt itself (angle) doesn't support it, so it might be more and more problematic to keep this running.
+
 
* binary distributions:
 
* binary distributions:
** rework installer?
+
** rework installer?<br/>Should happen.
Should happen.
+
** improvements for external users, e.g. have a kf5 sdk? <br/>Not completely decided yet, it makes sense for packagers of single applications, krita/calligra might still not benefit though.
** improvements for external users, e.g. have a kf5 sdk?
+
Not completely decided yet, it makes sense for packagers of single applications, krita/calligra might still not benefit though.
+
 
* emerge setup
 
* emerge setup
** future branch setup
+
** future branch setup<br/>There is some discussion going on whether to have stable branches at all. This might not be needed for our applications in the common installer, some things might become different though for packagers of single applications; especially adding new dependencies and bigger internal changes might bring serious problems in a faster release cycle.
There is some discussion going on whether to have stable branches at all. This might not be needed for our applications in the common installer, some things might become different though for packagers of single applications; especially adding new dependencies and bigger internal changes might bring serious problems in a faster release cycle.
+
 
** other requirements etc.
 
** other requirements etc.
 
* CI:
 
* CI:
** http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/Continuous_Integration
+
** http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/Continuous_Integration <br/>likely to come soon. Patrick wants to set up at least one machine, and if we get access to some windows licenses, we might even be able to install some VMs to increase speed and extend coverage.
likely to come soon. Patrick wants to set up at least one machine, and if we get access to some windows licenses, we might even be able to install some VMs to increase speed and extend coverage.
+
* What do you expect from the Randa Meetings this year? <br/>As said before, we need the discussion about future branches<br/>Aleix mentions that projects can explicitly state if they want to support a platform.
* What do you expect from the Randa Meetings this year?
+
As said before, we need the discussion about future branches
+
Aleix mentions that projects can explicitly state if they want to support a platform.
+
 
* Things to do:
 
* Things to do:
 
** revising supported platforms in metainfo.yaml
 
** revising supported platforms in metainfo.yaml

Revision as of 22:46, 6 May 2014

Agenda:

  • supported platforms (windows xp? yes or no):
    we decided that it doesn't make sense to keep xp supported, nobody has such a system anymore, qt itself (angle) doesn't support it, so it might be more and more problematic to keep this running.
  • binary distributions:
    • rework installer?
      Should happen.
    • improvements for external users, e.g. have a kf5 sdk?
      Not completely decided yet, it makes sense for packagers of single applications, krita/calligra might still not benefit though.
  • emerge setup
    • future branch setup
      There is some discussion going on whether to have stable branches at all. This might not be needed for our applications in the common installer, some things might become different though for packagers of single applications; especially adding new dependencies and bigger internal changes might bring serious problems in a faster release cycle.
    • other requirements etc.
  • CI:
  • What do you expect from the Randa Meetings this year?
    As said before, we need the discussion about future branches
    Aleix mentions that projects can explicitly state if they want to support a platform.
  • Things to do:
    • revising supported platforms in metainfo.yaml
    • update status overview: [1]
    • upstream patch for QStandardPath to make documentation work
    • installer, sdk

KDE® and the K Desktop Environment® logo are registered trademarks of KDE e.V.Legal