Projects/KDE on Windows/Issues/emerge
Issues with emerge
for system dependent parts emerge should rely on the kdewin-installer package
- make the kdewin-installer work on the commandline and integrate into emerge
- integrate kdewin-menubuilder
- test for kdewin-* applications before using them
Some more functions that are needed
- find a better solution what to build (accept multiple targets at the commandline like the original emerge does)
- implement an update command which either updates the installed packages or which updates one package only
- make two packages possible: 'emerge-bin' and 'emerge-portage'.
- use another way to update the portage directory in future (rsync or similar)
- there seem to be tons of options that were added but not yet documented - if someone has nothing to do or if you want to understand emerge better, you should start and document those options
The options are defined in emerge/bin/emerge.py so you should be able to find out easily
This page was last edited on 11 March 2016, at 14:16. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.