More you use the software, more issues and wishes you can find. Do not keep this knowledge for you - file a bug on http://bugs.kde.org, the KDE Bug Tracking System (Bugzilla).
Querying existing reports
Bugzilla's Query form with KDE on windows product and buildsystem component selected (click to enlarge)
To find a report use the Query Reports form, where you can specify product, component, version, installation type and operating system, and a few more. To find Windows-related reports, pick "MS Windows" in the "Operating system" list.
Sending a new report
To send a new report:
- create new account (if you do not have one)
- go to the KDE Bug Report Wizard and read information provided here if you are new to the bug tracking system
- click "Continue" button and select the KDE Version (most probably 4.x) and the Distribution Method - "MS Windows Binaries", the very last item on the list.
- clock "Continue" button and provide appropriate amount of information in the subsequent forms.
- Before reporting make sure that you are not going to duplicate already existing report.
- If you discover that the bug or a wish is not directly related to MS Windows (e.g. a bug can be reproduced on more or all operating systems), set the "operating system" field to "All" and the "platform" field to "unspecified".
Please read general information and Preferred skills for starting KDE Development.
You can join the development team! Please start by exploring this TechBase web site, especially the KDE on Windows Development section.
- KDE Development FAQs
- The Bugsquad Team tries to keep track of bugs in KDE software and make sure that valid bugs are noticed by developers.
- KDE Quality Team
- The task of the KDE Quality Team is to detect the loose ends in an application, and try to tie them together.
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.