Projects/KDE on Windows
"KDE libraries and applications are available to you, no matter if you are a commercial developer, manager or free software hacker. You are invited to not only just use the toolkit - you can contribute your own solutions and improvements to the KDE community."
The KDE on Windows Initiative is an ongoing project to port the KDE applications to MS Windows. Currently supported versions of Windows Vista, 7 and 8.
- Install KDE 4 on Windows using the KDE Installer for Windows
- Additional Software that is needed for some programs to work properly
- Windows specific features: modifying the location of .kde and some more internal settings
- Build KDE on Windows using emerge
- Debugging on MS Windows
- Development Workflow
- Tools (required or useful)
- Porting Guidelines
- Source code in the KDE git: emerge
Information for application developers
- update dbus to nightly branch
- get kdelibs building - what about split packages?
- use updated mingw
- disable dbusmenu-qt on Windows by default
- fix Qt5 dependencies on all packages