Projects/KDE on Windows
"KDE 4 libraries and applications are available to you, no matter if you are a commercial developer, manager or free software hacker. You are invited to not only just use the toolkit - you can contribute your own solutions and improvements to the KDE community."
The KDE on Windows Initiative is an ongoing project to port the KDE applications to MS Windows. Currently supported versions of Windows are XP, Vista and 7.
- Install KDE 4 on Windows using the KDE Installer for Windows
- Additional Software that is needed for some programs to work properly
- Build KDE 4 on Windows using emerge
- Debugging on MS Windows
- Development Workflow
- Issues, TODOs, and status info (on individual apps, libraries, or other parts of the project)
- Tools (required or useful)
- Porting Guidelines
- Windows CE
- Source code in the KDE git: emerge
Information for application developers
(Release) status info
- update dbus to nightly branch
- get kdelibs building - what about split packages?
- use updated mingw
- disable dbusmenu-qt on Windows by default
- fix Qt5 dependencies on all packages