This is a list of projects to make KDE rock even more, as suggested by Ralf Gessellensetter on kde-devel, here.
Most of the suggestions are for new KDE-Edu projects. Although, some of them might not quite fit under (what I believe to be) KDE-Edu's scope.
- Virtual graphical calculator -- Simulate a graphic pocket calculator as it is used within existing learning outilines. Many school books (grade 11+) refer to particular devices whose user interface resemble Derive. (cf. Schulzentrum Findorff)
* Univ. of Bayreuth provides a corresponding java applet: http://did.mat.uni-bayreuth.de/~wn/BLK/Rennen/grafcalc.html * there is also a (dead) project "GraphCalc".
- Dominoes -- Popular game which is interculturally known and trains calculation skills
- stochastiK -- Simulations and interactivities to evoke interest in stochastics (grade 6-10; coin, cumulated freq.)
- dynamic work sheets -- Different types of tasks to be combined as modules - to be either solved on the computer (like kpercentage) or to be printed as work sheet with definable heading - and solutions on demand. Maybe this needs a LaTeX binding.
- Intuitive GUI for maxima algebra system