List of expected behaviors for KHangMan 2.5.
- [Alt-U] focuses the guess box
- When the guess box is selected, typing a character causes it to appear inside. It should only hold one character, and that character must be a letter.
- [Enter] makes the guess and clears the box – see #Gameplay below for details.
After entering a guess, if it is...
- Update answer area. If all letters have been guessed, show "Congratulations! You won!" and start a new game.
- Update misses area and hangman image. If the misses area is full, show "You lost. The word was _____."
- Already guessed
- Display an error message.
The box is then cleared so the user can enter another guess.
Menu functions and keyboard shortcuts
- New [Ctrl-N]: Resets the game
- Open... [Ctrl-O]: Pops up a file chooser, allowing the user to pick a custom dictionary
- Open Recent
- Get Words in New Language... [Ctrl-G]: Opens the add-on installer
- Quit [Ctrl-Q]
This contains a list of word categories (Animals, Fruits, Numbers, etc.). Choosing any of the categories starts a new game with a word from that category.
Lists the available themes. In the default installation, the following themes are provided:
- Sea Theme
- Bee Theme
- Desert Theme
Selecting a theme changes the visual style of the game, but retains the game state (i.e. it doesn't start a new game)
- Toolbars Shown: Show/hide toolbars. Toggle each option and test that they work as expected.
- Show Hint: If using a category that contains hints (e.g. Numbers) this displays a relevant phrase in the middle of the screen (e.g. "6"). Clicking it again turns it back off.
- Show Statusbar
- Configure Shortcuts
- Configure Toolbars
- Configure KHangman
These match the behavior of their namesakes in the menu (see above)
- Show Hint
- Theme switcher: Mirrors Look menu
- Language switcher: Mirrors Language menu
From left to right:
- Category name: Check that this updates when changing the category.
- Wins and Losses: Should change after every completed game.