KDE Graphics Coding Sprint 2009
The KDE Graphics coding sprint 2009 will take place in Essen, Germany, from November 13th to 15th.
Laupendahler Weg 18
The closest airport is Düsseldorf International.
There is a regional train from Düsseldorf airport. Go to "Bahnhof Düsseldorf Flughafen Terminal S" which is not the main train station of the airport ("Bahnhof Düsseldorf Flughafen"). From there, take the S7 direction Solingen. Get off after five minutes in Düsseldorf-Derendorf. From platform 2, take the S6 direction Essen Hbf. Get off at Werden S. The fare is €4.50 ("B"). Text me (Marcel) when you board the train in Derendorf or when you have got lost.
- Arriving from the West: A52, exit Essen-Kettwig
- Arriving from the East: A40, change to A52 at Kreuz Essen-Ost, exit the A52 at Rüttenscheid.
From either exit, follow the signs to Werden and Velbert. You will cross southbound the river Ruhr entering the little town of Werden. Follow the main route (B224) staying on the right hand lane. You will pass the basilica, then 1.5km further on you will pass an "Aral" petrol station on the left side. Turn left on the next junction into Fischlaker Straße (turn left before passing the traffic light!). Follow the Fischlaker Straße for 600m, then take the slight left fork into Bernhardstraße. It's house number 12, third on the right side.
Main train station is Essen Hauptbahnhof. From there
- take either express bus SB 19 from Hauptbahnhof (number 7 on this map) and get off at the stop "Am Schwarzen".
- or go to platform 12, take the regional train S6 Köln-Nippes. Get off at Werden S.
For either choice the fare is €2.30 ("A2"). Text me (Marcel) when you board the bus or the train to be picked up.
Information about local bus or train schedules is available here.
|Gilles Caulier||digiKam||Th night||DUS, arrival arranged|
|Andi Clemens||digiKam||Fr evening||car|
|Kåre Särs||ksane||Fr morning||DUS, arrival arranged|
|Patrick Spendrin||Marble, KDE/Win||Th evening||train|
|Luka Renko||Kipi Plugins||Th evening||DUS, arrival arranged|
|Pieter Edelman||digiKam (new contributor)||Fr morning|
|Michael G. Hansen||digiKam (new contributor)||Fr morning||car|
|Holger Förster||digiKam (MySQL database backend)||Fr evening||train|
|Johannes Wienke||digiKam (new contributor)||Fr evening||train|
|Aleix pol||Kamoso, kdevelop...||Fr 12am||plane|
|Alex Fiestas||Kamoso, kbluetooth...||Fr 12am||plane|
|Guillaume Paumier||KIPI plugin (new contributor)||Th evening||DUS, arrival arranged|
|Tom Albers||Mailody and Akonadi developer,
giving a presentation about Akonadi
- network cable
Experience shows that wireless usually breaks down at the beginning of a coding sprint, so ethernet is preferred and we need a
- network hub or switch
- Michael: I will bring two hubs, five ports+uplink each (in spite of 5/5+uplink in my e-mail) and also power extension cords with multiple outlets (at least one 5 port and one 8 port).
- Pieter: router giving three extra ports, old 10MBit 8-port switch
- Luka: I can bring 8-port 1GBit Ethernet switch if needed. Let me know.
Common Topics for Discussion and Coding
- Geo-view: icon view with a map in background?
- OpenStreetmap, Nokia Ovi, Google Maps API v3
- Model / View
- Introduction to the concept?, sharing experience
- Current status in digikam
- porting for 1.1
- Color Management
- ksane + digikam: sharing experience & code?
- Current status of branch
- Merge with HEAD
- Test, make it work
- libkexiv2 - API changes
- Image Versioning
- use cases
- a format to describe and store editing operations
- storage in database and metadata
- Face detection
- existing solutions / libraries, feasibility of task
- UI drafts for integration
- Kipi interface improvements
- Akonadi and cached web album collections
- semi-self-made Pizza for Friday evening
- Spaghetti for lunch Saturday
Last year in Genoa we went to a restaurant for dinner Saturday evening, I enjoyed that quite much. I would suggest we continue in this tradition this year as well.