KDE Graphics Coding Sprint 2009
The KDE Graphics coding sprint 2009 will take place in Essen, Germany, from November 13th to 15th.
Laupendahler Weg 18
The closest airport is Düsseldorf. Also possible is Köln/Bonn (train takes 1h, fare is 20€), Weeze/Niederrhein for RyanAir, and Dortmund for some smaller airlines.
There is a regional train from Düsseldorf airport. Go to "Bahnhof Düsseldorf Flughafen Terminal S" which is not the main train station of the airport ("Bahnhof Düsseldorf Flughafen"). From there, take the S7 direction Solingen. Get off after five minutes in D-Derendorf. From platform 2, take the S6 direction Essen Hbf. Get off at Werden S. Text me (Marcel) when you board the train in Derendorf or when you have got lost.
Get your route from Google Maps
- A52, exit Essen-Kettwig
Main train station is Essen Hauptbahnhof. From there
- take either express bus SB 19 from Hauptbahnhof (number 7 on this map) and get off at the stop "Am Schwarzen".
- or go to platform 12, take the regional train S6 Köln-Nippes. Get off at Werden S.
For either choice the fare is €2.30. Text me (Marcel) when you board the bus or the train to be picked up.
|Gilles Caulier||digiKam||Th night||DUS, arrival arranged|
|Andi Clemens||digiKam||Fr evening||car|
|Patrick Spendrin||Marble, KDE/Win||Fr / Th||train|
|Luka Renko||Kipi Plugins||Th night||DUS, arrival arranged|
|Pieter Edelman||digiKam (new contributor)||Fr morning||?|
|Michael G. Hansen||digiKam (new contributor)||Fr morning?||car or train?|
|Holger Förster||digiKam (MySQL database backend)||Fr evening||train|
|Johannes Wienke||digiKam (new contributor)||Fr evening||train, NRW Ticket|
- network cable
Experience shows that wireless usually breaks down at the beginning of a coding sprint, so ethernet is preferred and we need a
- network hub or switch
Would be great if someone could bring one.
Common Topics for Discussion and Coding
- Geo-view: icon view with a map in background?
- OpenStreetmap, Nokia Ovi, Google Maps API v3
- Model / View
- Introduction to the concept?, sharing experience
- Current status in digikam
- porting for 1.1
- Color Management
- ksane + digikam: sharing experience & code?
- Current status of branch
- Merge with HEAD
- Test, make it work
- Image Versioning
- ideas and drafts
- Face detection
- existing solutions / libraries, feasibility of task
- UI drafts for integration
- Kipi interface improvements
- Akonadi and cached web album collections
Very important topic ;-) We can do some cooking. My suggestion is semi-self-made Pizza for Friday evening and Spaghetti for lunch Saturday and Sunday. Add any objections or wishes here in the wiki.
Last year in Genoa we went to a restaurant for dinner Saturday evening, I enjoyed that quite much. I would suggest we continue in this tradition this year as well.