The files located in kdelibs/cmake/modules/ are installed and can be used by other application.
This means they are part of the public interface of kdelibs and we have to
keep compatibility. Committing there also has the potential to break the
build of whole KDE for everybody.
When committing changes thereHere is the proposal for a commit policy for kdelibs/cmake/modules/ :
- Adding new files: new files must be sent to email@example.com for review. They may only be added after an explicit ok.
- Patches which change how something is done in general for many files must be posted first. They may only be committed after an explicit ok.
- Adding public macros or functions: they must be posted for review first. If there is NO answer at all within two weeks they may be committed anyway.
- Documentation must never be removed as long as it is valid and not replaced.
- Other patches can always be committed.
- All patches must maintain source compatibility.
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.