Difference between revisions of "Marble/OnlineRoutingImplementation"
(Remove outdated stuff)
m (Ochurlaud moved page Projects/Marble/OnlineRoutingImplementation to Marble/OnlineRoutingImplementation)
Revision as of 21:01, 10 March 2016
This page lists more concrete steps to integrate online routing support.
Routing providers (done)
Support data download from
- Google Maps
- Eventually http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.openstreetmap.routing/849
Marble Widget Paint Layer (done)
- A custom paint layer which displays routing points: Start, destination, intermediate points. Waypoints, connected.
- Paint layer reuses the selection model of the routing instruction list view
- Source, destination and via points are movable in the map
- Instructions are shown in the mapping when clicking on the corresponding waypoint
- Paint layer is included in Marble's model
- Search results are shown in the list view. The selected search result is kept track of and taken as the source/destination point.
- Once all routing points are known (user selected a search result or clicked on the map for both routing source and destination and intermediate points, if any), the "Get Directions" button can be used to fetch routing instructions from the current routing provider
- Routing results are shown in the same list view as marble runner search results
- Reverse geocoding via runner plugins
- Route instruction localization
- Route preferences: By car, by bycyle, ... avoid highways, avoid toll roads
Plugins (Marble Runners)
- Reverse geocoding
Nice to have
- D-Bus interface
Ask the oxygen guys if they can help out with some icons:
- route-instruction (Intermediate route point with turn instructions)
- route-select (Action to pick route point in the map)
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.