Marble Junior Jobs
If you are new to Marble then you want to check this page. We list a few things you can do which are easy tasks and introduce you to Marble development.
Quality Assurance / Documentation
We want our code to look good. The documentation should be concise and helpful and the comments shouldn't have bugs. Also it shouldn't have any obvious "formal" bugs. Help us to improve our code quality. This is an easy job that helps you to get familiar with the source code. It's the first thing that absolute beginners usually want to look at:
- KDE Krazy check: Have a look at our static code checker:
Try to understand possible problems and create a fix for them. (EASY/MEDIUM)
- Get rid of compile warnings: Compile Marble from scratch and check all the warnings that possibly appear. Try to get rid of the warnings by adding fixes. If parameters are not used then you can use Q_UNUSED to get rid of the warnings. (EASY)
- Compile marble with the cmake option -DPEDANTIC=ON. Fix (MEDIUM)
- Add comments. You don't understand some source code in Marble? The probably other people won't either. Try to understand it and ask Marble developers. The add some comments so that the next person will be able to understand the source code much easier (MEDIUM).
- Create API-Documentation (EASY).
- Review the API. Make sure that the API is Qt-ish (MEDIUM). Read
and read the Marble source code. Try to find cases which seem to be non-standard. (MEDIUM)
- Read our Marble Coding Standards:
Ensure that the Marble source code follows it (EASY).
If you come across a problem don't hesitate to ask (there are no stupid questions, just people who are afraid of asking for stupid reasons ;-) If you want to send in your patch for review, please send it to our mailing list [email protected]