Lets use this wiki entry tu discuss future plans for Kig. From the discussion here, we can create a feature list for KDE 4.9 and start working on that. Some of the ideas that have been collected so far are:
- Add support for hyperbolic geometries, but this is a large topic and would take a good amount of work. Here is some work on building an asymptote package for drawing in the Poincare disk.
- More work on Asy and Tikz/PGF exporters, fixing bugs and fill out the remaining holes.
- Improve XFig exporter, at present it does not support loci, generic conics and cubics
- More flexible grids. We do not have any export options for polar grids. Maybe make grids more like the geometric objects.
- Allow the user some control over drawing precision (specifically when drawing loci) and/or when exporting to files that do not directly support all geometric objects (e.g. XFig).
- Review edge cases in file parsing
- Review bugs in windows
- Check this KFormula integration request, interesting
- Implement a CAS backend for coordinates in Kig, maybe GiNaC?
- Geogebra support
This page was last modified on 5 April 2013, at 05:36. This page has been accessed 1,033 times. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 as well as the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2.