KDE PIM is a package that contains personal information management tools.
The KDEPIM team develops the main application Kontact with all its plugins like KMail, KNode, KOrganizer, KAddressbook, Akregator, KJots and others.
- Homepage of the KDE PIM
- Homepage of Kontact
- [email protected] mailing list (for users): subscribe, archives
- [email protected] mailing list (for developers): subscribe, archives
Much of the infrastructure of KDE PIM has been moved to kdepimlibs module as a framework for all KDE applications. Therefore we have two main modules within the KDE SVN: kdepim and kdepimlibs. The latter contains code that provides public APIs.
Current development focus as of January 2009 is on the Akonadi service and porting existing applications to Akonadi and KMime and other frameworks.
If you're looking into starting KMail development, have a look at the list of KMail junior jobs.
The KMail handbook is currently being rewritten, for more information look at the documentation wiki page.
- List of all KDE PIM related articles on TechBase
- Missing Icons in KDE PIM
- KDE PIM libraries at the Krazy code checker
- KDE PIM at the Krazy code checker
- KDE PIM on CIA
- CIA commit bot for #kontact (account needed)
- CIA commit bot for #akonadi (account needed)
- KMail on ohloh.net
- Totally outdated KMail freshmeat page