Languages: عربي | Asturianu | Català | Česky | Kaszëbsczi | Dansk | Deutsch | English | Esperanto | Español | Eesti | فارسی | Suomi | Français | Galego | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | Norwegian | Polski | Português Brasileiro | Română | Русский | Svenska | Slovenčina | Slovenščina | српски | Türkçe | Tiếng Việt | Українська | 简体中文 | 繁體中文
KDE PIM is a package that contains personal information management tools.
The KDEPIM team develops the main application Kontact with all its plugins like KMail, KNode, KOrganizer, KAddressbook, Akregator, KJots and others.
- Who are we?
- Homepage of the KDE PIM
- Homepage of Kontact
- firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list (for users): subscribe, archives
- email@example.com mailing list (for developers): subscribe, archives
Much of the infrastructure of KDE PIM has been moved to kdepimlibs module as a framework for all KDE applications. Therefore we have two main modules within the KDE SVN: kdepim and kdepimlibs. The latter contains code that provides public APIs.
Current development focus as of January 2009 is on the Akonadi service and porting existing applications to Akonadi and KMime and other frameworks.
If you're looking into starting KMail development, have a look at the list of KMail junior jobs.
The KMail handbook is currently being rewritten, for more information look at the documentation wiki page.
KDE PIM 4
- README documents stored in the KDE SVN:
- KDE PIM LIBS API Reference
- KDE PIM API Reference
- List of KDE 4-specific bugs, regressions and junior jobs
- List of regressions after the merge of the KMail SoC branch
- MS Windows topics
- Tutorial for writing a Kontact plugin
- Feature Plan (see also KDEPIMlibs feature plan)
- Akonadi: Feature Plan, Osnabrück Meeting Notes
KDE PIM 3
The KDE PIM 3 branch is frozen and no longer actively maintained. Use the KDE 3 enterprise branch for a version of Kontact that is still being updated.
Kontact is the primary Kolab client. There are different release cycles for the Kolab clients and for KDE, and therefore there are so-called enterprise branches in SVN where the Kolab versions are maintained. Changes in the enterprise branches are regularly merged back to SVN trunk. The enterprise branches are maintained by KDAB.
More information about the enterprise branches can be found at:
- KDEPIM branches in SVN (notably enterprise and enterprise4)
- Kontact on Windows (enterprise4 branch)
- Roadmap for the Kolab clients
- Downloads of the Kolab clients
- Kontact wiki page
- Various Kolab documents
- Merge Tracking with svnmerge.py
- Enterprise Translation Howto
- List of all KDE PIM related articles on TechBase
- Missing Icons in KDE PIM
- KDE PIM libraries at the Krazy code checker
- KDE PIM at the Krazy code checker
- KDE PIM on CIA
- CIA commit bot for #kontact (account needed)
- CIA commit bot for #akonadi (account needed)
- KMail on ohloh.net
- Totally outdated KMail freshmeat page
- KDE PIM in the KDE forums
- KDE PIM on UserBase
- KDE PIM tutorials on UserBase
- KDE PIM on Wikipedia
- Howto: Configuring KMail with Gmail - IMAP and Disconnected IMAP
PIM SoC 2008 projects
Technologies used in KDE PIM
This list is quite incomplete.