- 1 Abstract
- 2 The Plasma::AbstractRunner Superclass
- 3 The SearchContext and SearchAction Classes
- 4 Setting up a Runner Plugin Project
- 5 Registering Matches
- 6 Taking Action On Matches
- 7 Configuration Interfaces
The Plasma workspace provides an application called KRunner which, among other things, allows one to type into a text area which causes various actions and information that match the text appear as the text is being typed.
This functionality is provided via plugins called "runners". These plugins can be used by any application that links again libplasma. This tutorial explores how to create a runner.
The Plasma::AbstractRunner Superclass
Part of libplasma, Plasma::AbstractRunner is the base class of all runners. It provides API for the following functionality:
- Register matches for a given search term
- Take action on a given match registered by the runner
- Show configuration options