Plasma Programming with C++
- Getting Started With Plasmoids
- Creating your first plasmoid in C++ with SVG background, icon and text
- Writing a DataEngine
- DataEngines provide a standardized interface to various data sources for visualizations to use. Learn what a DataEngine is and how to write one of your own.
- Video tutorial
- Video and slides from a presentation on libplasma (link to Slides broken)
- How to use extenders in your Plasmoid
- A simple example that shows how to use extenders in a Plasmoid.
Plasma Programming with Python
- Getting Started
- Creating and running your first plasmoid in Python
- Using widgets
- Introduction to using Plasma widgets
- Using DataEngines
- How to use DataEngines from a plasmoid
Plasma Programming with Ruby
Creating a Plasma Widget in Ruby
- Tutorial that shows how to create your first Plasma Applet using the Ruby language. Following these instructions precisely however leads to the error "Could not find requested component: plasma-ruby-web-applet" on OpenSUSE 11.1 KDE 4.2RC1.
- Creating a Plasma Theme
- Guide to creating your first Plasma theme
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.