Workspace is the global object injected into each script as workspace. It provides access to core functionality of the window manager.
- QSize desktopGridSize
- int desktopGridWidth
- int desktopGridHeight
- int workspaceWidth
- int workspaceHeight
- QSize workspaceSize
- QSize displaySize: The same of the display, that is all screens.
- int displayWidth: The width of the display, that is width of all combined screens.
- int displayHeight: The height of the display, that is height of all combined screens.
- int activeScreen
- int numScreens
- int currentDesktop
- KWin::Client activeClient
- int desktops: The number of desktops currently used. Minimum number of desktops is 1, maximum 20.
- desktopPresenceChanged(KWin::Client *client, int desktop)
- currentDesktopChanged(int desktop)
- clientAdded(KWin::Client *client)
- clientRemoved(KWin::Client *client)
- clientManaging(KWin::Client *client)
- clientMinimized(KWin::Client *client)
- clientUnminimized(KWin::Client *client)
- clientRestored(KWin::Client *client)
- clientMaximizeSet(KWin::Client *client, bool h, bool v)
- killWindowCalled(KWin::Client *client)
- clientActivated(KWin::Client *client)
- clientFullScreenSet(KWin::Client *client, bool fullScreen, bool user)
- clientSetKeepAbove(KWin::Client *client, bool keepAbove)
- numberDesktopsChanged(int oldNumberOfDesktops): Signal emitted whenever the number of desktops changed. To get the current number of desktops use the property desktops. oldNumberOfDesktops The previous number of desktops.
- clientDemandsAttentionChanged(KWin::Client *client, bool set): The demands attention state for Client c changed to set. c The Client for which demands attention changed set New value of demands attention
- numberScreensChanged(int count): Signal emitted when the number of screens changes. count The new number of screens
- Q_INVOKABLE QList< QObject * > getClientList() const : List of Clients currently managed by KWin. Use this method in QML scripts.
- QRect clientArea(ClientAreaOption option, int screen, int desktop) const : Returns the geometry a Client can use with the specified option. This method should be preferred over other methods providing screen sizes as the various options take constraints such as struts set on panels into account. This method is also multi screen aware, but there are also options to get full areas. option The type of area which should be considered screen The screen for which the area should be considered desktop The desktop for which the area should be considered, in general there should not be a difference The specified screen geometry
- QRect clientArea(ClientAreaOption option, const QPoint &point, int desktop) const : Overloaded method for convenience. option The type of area which should be considered point The coordinates which have to be included in the area desktop The desktop for which the area should be considered, in general there should not be a difference The specified screen geometry
- QRect clientArea(ClientAreaOption option, const KWin::Client *client) const : Overloaded method for convenience. client The Client for which the area should be retrieved The specified screen geometry
- QString desktopName(int desktop) const : Returns the name for the given desktop.
- QString supportInformation() const : Provides support information about the currently running KWin instance.
The Options provide access to KWin internal configuration values. They are available as global options object.
- FocusPolicy focusPolicy
- bool nextFocusPrefersMouse
- bool clickRaise: Whether clicking on a window raises it in FocusFollowsMouse mode or not.
- bool autoRaise: whether autoraise is enabled FocusFollowsMouse mode or not.
- int autoRaiseInterval: autoraise interval
- int delayFocusInterval: delayed focus interval
- bool shadeHover: Whether shade hover is enabled or not
- int shadeHoverInterval: shade hover interval
- int tilingLayout
- int tilingRaisePolicy: Tiling window raise policy.
- bool separateScreenFocus: whether to see Xinerama screens separately for focus (in Alt+Tab, when activating next client)
- bool activeMouseScreen: whether active Xinerama screen is the one with mouse (or with the active window)
- int placement
- bool focusPolicyIsReasonable
- int borderSnapZone: the size of the zone that triggers snapping on desktop borders
- int windowSnapZone: the size of the zone that triggers snapping with other windows
- int centerSnapZone: the size of the zone that triggers snapping on the screen center
- bool snapOnlyWhenOverlapping: snap only when windows will overlap
- bool showDesktopIsMinimizeAll
- bool rollOverDesktops: whether or not we roll over to the other edge when switching desktops past the edge
- int focusStealingPreventionLevel: 0 - 4 , see Workspace::allowClientActivation()
- bool legacyFullscreenSupport: support legacy fullscreen windows hack: borderless non-netwm windows with screen geometry
- WindowOperation operationTitlebarDblClick
- MouseCommand commandActiveTitlebar1
- MouseCommand commandActiveTitlebar2
- MouseCommand commandActiveTitlebar3
- MouseCommand commandInactiveTitlebar1
- MouseCommand commandInactiveTitlebar2
- MouseCommand commandInactiveTitlebar3
- MouseCommand commandWindow1
- MouseCommand commandWindow2
- MouseCommand commandWindow3
- MouseCommand commandWindowWheel
- MouseCommand commandAll1
- MouseCommand commandAll2
- MouseCommand commandAll3
- uint keyCmdAllModKey
- bool showGeometryTip: whether the Geometry Tip should be shown during a window move/resize.
- bool electricBorders: Whether electric borders are enabled. With electric borders you can change desktop by moving the mouse pointer towards the edge of the screen
- int electricBorderDelay: the activation delay for electric borders in milliseconds.
- int electricBorderCooldown: the trigger cooldown for electric borders in milliseconds.
- int electricBorderPushbackPixels: the number of pixels the mouse cursor is pushed back when it reaches the screen edge.
- bool electricBorderMaximize: Whether a window gets maximized when it reaches top screen edge while being moved.
- bool electricBorderTiling: Whether a window is tiled to half screen when reaching left or right screen edge while been moved
- bool borderlessMaximizedWindows
- int killPingTimeout: timeout before non-responding application will be killed after attempt to close
- bool hideUtilityWindowsForInactive: Whether to hide utility windows for inactive applications.
- bool inactiveTabsSkipTaskbar
- bool autogroupSimilarWindows
- bool autogroupInForeground
- int compositingMode
- bool useCompositing
- int hiddenPreviews
- bool unredirectFullscreen
- int glSmoothScale: 0 = no, 1 = yes when transformed, 2 = try trilinear when transformed; else 1, -1 = auto
- bool glVSync
- bool xrenderSmoothScale
- uint maxFpsInterval
- uint refreshRate
- bool glDirect
- bool glStrictBinding
- bool tiling: Whether tiling is enabled or not
- bool compositingInitialized
Toplevel is an abstract base class for all "Windows". You cannot use it directly, but everything available on Toplevel is available on Client, too.
- opacityChanged(KWin::Toplevel *toplevel, qreal oldOpacity)
- damaged(KWin::Toplevel *toplevel, const QRect &damage)
- propertyNotify(KWin::Toplevel *toplevel, long a)
- geometryShapeChanged(KWin::Toplevel *toplevel, const QRect &old)
- windowClosed(KWin::Toplevel *toplevel, KWin::Deleted *deleted)
- windowShown(KWin::Toplevel *toplevel)
- shapedChanged(): Signal emitted when the window's shape state changed. That is if it did not have a shape and received one or if the shape was withdrawn. Think of Chromium enabling/disabling KWin's decoration.
- Q_INVOKABLE void addRepaint(const QRect &r)
- Q_INVOKABLE void addRepaint(const QRegion &r)
- Q_INVOKABLE void addRepaint(int x, int y, int w, int h)
- Q_INVOKABLE void addLayerRepaint(const QRect &r)
- Q_INVOKABLE void addLayerRepaint(const QRegion &r)
- Q_INVOKABLE void addLayerRepaint(int x, int y, int w, int h)
- Q_INVOKABLE void addRepaintFull()
The Client class encapsulates a window decoration frame.
- bool active: Whether this Client is active or not. Use Workspace::activateClient() to activate a Client. Workspace::activateClient
- QString caption: The Caption of the Client. Read from WM_NAME property together with a suffix for hostname and shortcut. To read only the caption as provided by WM_NAME, use the getter with an additional false value.
- bool closeable: Whether the window can be closed by the user. The value is evaluated each time the getter is called. Because of that no changed signal is provided.
- bool fullScreenable: Whether the Client can be set to fullScreen. The property is evaluated each time it is invoked. Because of that there is no notify signal.
- bool maximizable: Whether the Client can be maximized both horizontally and vertically. The property is evaluated each time it is invoked. Because of that there is no notify signal.
- bool minimizable: Whether the Client can be minimized. The property is evaluated each time it is invoked. Because of that there is no notify signal.
- bool modal: Whether the Client represents a modal window.
- bool moveable: Whether the Client is moveable. Even if it is not moveable, it might be possible to move it to another screen. The property is evaluated each time it is invoked. Because of that there is no notify signal. moveableAcrossScreens
- bool moveableAcrossScreens: Whether the Client can be moved to another screen. The property is evaluated each time it is invoked. Because of that there is no notify signal. moveable
- bool providesContextHelp: Whether the Client provides context help. Mostly needed by decorations to decide whether to show the help button or not.Returns whether the window provides context help or not. If it does, you should show a help menu item or a help button like '?' and call contextHelp() if this is invoked.contextHelp()
- bool resizeable: Whether the Client can be resized. The property is evaluated each time it is invoked. Because of that there is no notify signal.
- bool shadeable: Whether the Client can be shaded. The property is evaluated each time it is invoked. Because of that there is no notify signal.
- bool transient: Whether the Client is a transient Window to another Window. transientFor
- KWin::Client transientFor: The Client to which this Client is a transient if any.
- QSize basicUnit: By how much the window wishes to grow/shrink at least. Usually QSize(1,1). MAY BE DISOBEYED BY THE WM! It's only for information, do NOT rely on it at all. The value is evaluated each time the getter is called. Because of that no changed signal is provided.
- bool move: Whether the Client is currently being moved by the user. Notify signal is emitted when the Client starts or ends move/resize mode.
- bool resize: Whether the Client is currently being resized by the user. Notify signal is emitted when the Client starts or ends move/resize mode.
- QRect iconGeometry: The optional geometry representing the minimized Client in e.g a taskbar. See _NET_WM_ICON_GEOMETRY at http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-latest.html . The value is evaluated each time the getter is called. Because of that no changed signal is provided.
- bool specialWindow: Returns whether the window is any of special windows types (desktop, dock, splash, ...), i.e. window types that usually don't have a window frame and the user does not use window management (moving, raising,...) on them. The value is evaluated each time the getter is called. Because of that no changed signal is provided.
- bool wantsInput: Whether the Client can accept keyboard focus. The value is evaluated each time the getter is called. Because of that no changed signal is provided.
- QPixmap icon
- KWin::TabGroup tabGroup: The "Window Tabs" Group this Client belongs to.
- bool isCurrentTab: Whether this Client is the currently visible Client in its Client Group (Window Tabs). For change connect to the visibleChanged signal on the Client's Group.
- QSize minSize: Minimum size as specified in WM_NORMAL_HINTS
- QSize maxSize: Maximum size as specified in WM_NORMAL_HINTS
- int desktop: The desktop this Client is on. If the Client is on all desktops the property has value -1.Returns the virtual desktop within the workspace() the client window is located in, 0 if it isn't located on any special desktop (not mapped yet), or NET::OnAllDesktops. Do not use desktop() directly, use isOnDesktop() instead.
- bool fullScreen: Whether this Client is fullScreen. A Client might either be fullScreen due to the _NET_WM property or through a legacy support hack. The fullScreen state can only be changed if the Client does not use the legacy hack. To be sure whether the state changed, connect to the notify signal.
- QRect geometry: The geometry of this Client. Be aware that depending on resize mode the geometryChanged signal might be emitted at each resize step or only at the end of the resize operation.
- bool keepAbove: Whether the Client is set to be kept above other windows.
- bool keepBelow: Whether the Client is set to be kept below other windows.
- bool minimized: Whether the Client is minimized.
- bool shade: Whether the Client is shaded.
- bool skipSwitcher: Whether the Client should be excluded from window switching effects.
- bool skipTaskbar: Indicates that the window should not be included on a taskbar.
- bool skipPager: Indicates that the window should not be included on a Pager.
- bool noBorder: Whether the window has a decoration or not. This property is not allowed to be set by applications themselves. The decision whether a window has a border or not belongs to the window manager. If this property gets abused by application developers, it will be removed again.
- bool demandsAttention: Whether window state _NET_WM_STATE_DEMANDS_ATTENTION is set. This state indicates that some action in or with the window happened. For example, it may be set by the Window Manager if the window requested activation but the Window Manager refused it, or the application may set it if it finished some work. This state may be set by both the Client and the Window Manager. It should be unset by the Window Manager when it decides the window got the required attention (usually, that it got activated).
- bool blocksCompositing: A client can block compositing. That is while the Client is alive and the state is set, Compositing is suspended and is resumed when there are no Clients blocking compositing any more.This is actually set by a window property, unfortunately not used by the target application group. For convenience it's exported as a property to the scripts.Use with care!
- clientManaging(KWin::Client *)
- clientFullScreenSet(KWin::Client *, bool, bool)
- clientMaximizedStateChanged(KWin::Client *, KDecorationDefines::MaximizeMode)
- clientMaximizedStateChanged(KWin::Client *c, bool h, bool v)
- clientMinimized(KWin::Client *client, bool animate)
- clientUnminimized(KWin::Client *client, bool animate)
- clientStartUserMovedResized(KWin::Client *)
- clientStepUserMovedResized(KWin::Client *, const QRect &)
- clientFinishUserMovedResized(KWin::Client *)
- tabGroupChanged(): Emitted whenever the Client's TabGroup changed. That is whenever the Client is moved to another group, but not when a Client gets added or removed to the Client's ClientGroup.
- demandsAttentionChanged(): Emitted whenever the demands attention state changes.
- blockingCompositingChanged(): Emitted whenever the Client's block compositing state changes.
- closeWindow(): Closes the window by either sending a delete_window message or using XKill.
- Q_INVOKABLE bool tabBefore(Client *other, bool activate)
- Q_INVOKABLE bool tabBehind(Client *other, bool activate)
- Q_INVOKABLE bool untab(const QRect &toGeometry=QRect())