This is the hub page for all information about the use of Git by KDE.
This page is a work in progress where all new Git material is being organised. Most of these sections will eventually be moved to their own pages. Feel free to add stuff.
- 1 External Git Resources
- 2 Git Policies
- 3 Git Configuration
- 4 Git Recipes
- 5 Git Tutorials
- 6 Documentation Changes
External Git Resources
Links to useful external sites about Git
Git for SVN Users
KDE policies on Git. More generic development policies go elsewhere.
How to set up Git for use in KDE.
Instead of having to remember and type in the different full git addresses for pulling and pushing, we recommend you add the following to your Git User COnfiguration (~/.gitconfig):
[url "git://anongit.kde.org/"] insteadOf = kde: [url "[email protected]:"] pushInsteadOf = kde:
RSA Key fingerprint for git.kde.org
Brief recipes for common use cases.
More in-depth instructions in using Git
Existing Pages For Review
Existing KDE pages about Git, SVN, and/or building KDE that need to be revised. When revising pages try to split the generic development and revision control policies separate from Git specific stuff. Do not refer to "the KDE Git Repository" but instead the "KDE Code Repository". Lots of small simple pages that are less daunting to newbies and can be linked to from multiple locations are preferred to massive walls of text.
- Getting Started
- Getting Started/Build/KDE4
- Getting Started/Build/KDE4.x
- Getting Started/Build/KDE4/Prerequisites
- Getting Started/Build/KDE4/Windows/subversion
- Getting Started/Sources/Anonymous SVN
- Getting Started/Sources/Amarok Git Tutorial
- Development/Tutorials/Git/Create a patch
- Contribute/Get a SVN Account
- Contribute/First Steps with your KDE SVN Account
There are also numerous other pages referring to "the KDE SVN/subversion repositories" which should be replaced with the generic "KDE code repositories".
There are also numerous translated pages which will need to be updated once the original pages are completed.
New Page Structure
The following pages can now be deleted:
- Build/Stories and child pages - Belong somewhere else, either distro wiki or community.k.o