This bug day will take place on Sunday, July 6th 2008, but feel free to start early. The aim of this bug day is to clear out as many Kopete bugs as possible. Our target for triage is bugs listed in bugs.kde.org under the product Kopete.
Be sure to join #kde-bugs on irc.freenode.net, as this is where the bug-day will be coordinated. (You can even join now!)
You should be working with a KDE 4 version of Kopete, ideally from svn trunk or a beta or more recent version of KDE 4.1.
- Always remember the golden rule of bug triage: Do NOT close bugs in bugzilla. List them on this wiki page in the appropriate section so they can be double checked before being closed in the bug tracker.
- First of all, put your IRC nickname in the sign-in section, along with details of what version of KDE / Kopete you are testing with. Be as specific as possible.
- Choose a group of bugs the division of labour section. Put your IRC nickname in the IRC Nickname column, and remember to keep the Status column up to date as you work through the group of bugs. There is a link provided in the Query column which will take you to the list of bugs in that group on bugzilla.
- For each bug in the list, you should try and reproduce it using the information provided in the bug report.
- If you are able to reproduce the bug, add a comment on bugzilla saying what version of Kopete/KDE you are running and that you managed to reproduce the bug. Then add it to the Bugs still present in KDE 4 section.
- If the bug report is not clear or does not provide enough information to reproduce the bug, leave a note asking politely for the information you would need to be able to try and reproduce the bug, and add it to the Bugs needing more information section.
- There are several other categories below which bugs might fall into. Please look at them for details about when bugs should be put there.
|If you are unsure about what to do with a bug, please ask on the IRC channel, and someone will help you.|
|Always write your IRC nickname after each comment on this page. If your techbase username is the same as your IRC nickname, you can do this quickly by typing ~~~|
Tell developers what you are testing with. (If you expect to upgrade between now and BugDay, put what version you are using now next to the bugs/comments that you put on this page.)
Please give distro/version or SVN branch/trunk with revision below:
|| KDE version used for testing
||svn trunk r827914
||Kubuntu package kopete-kde4, version 4:4.0.83-0ubuntu1~hardy1~ppa1 (Kopete 0.50.80)
||kdenetwork 20080705+svn828272 ( Aeon Nightly )
||kdelibs r828432 + kdenetwork r828472
||Kubuntu kde4 beta2 (Kopete 0.50.80)
|| svn trunk 825105
|| svn trunk 828414
|| svn trunk 828586
|| svn trunk 828664
|| Kubuntu kde 4.0.3 (Kopete 0.50.1)
|| svn trunk r828808
|| Kubuntu kde 4.0.3 (Kopete 0.50.1)
|| KDE 4.0.85 (KDE 4.1 >= 20080703) openSUSE packages
|| svn trunk 828906
|Please be sure to sign every bug or comment you add to this page with your irc nickname. You can use the wiki markup ~~~ to insert your wiki username automatically (but only do this if it is the same as your IRC nickname, otherwise write your IRC nickname in by hand).|
Division of Labour
(Total bugs 536)
Below lists the various sections for completed bugs. This aids everyone in double checking each other's work. In addition this allows those of us that don't have bugzilla permissions to list bugs so that the folks with the permissions can follow up.
Please note that this is an experimental layout designed to reduce the number of edit conflicts on this page. Each section is its own subpage. The best way to work with this is to enable section editing by going to "My preferences" > "editing" > "Enable section editing via  links". When you click edit you will automatically edit the subpage.
Bugs still present in KDE 4
If a bug is still present in the KDE4 version of Kopete, list it here.
- bug #117537 Is still happening for me using the gspca from Ubuntu 8.04.1. It seems this bug depends on the change being made to gspca so it's not so much an issue with Kopete mcirsta
- bug #156694 This bug looks like it is still an issue in KDE4. However, unsure how to reproduce. hays
- bug #157484 This bug is more of a feature request. However, I think the submitter has a good point. The columns are pretty narrow on my screen as well. hays
- bug #154611 Tazz says he sees this from my end, and i see him flipping between idle, online, offline when he might not be... Blauzahl
bug #159235 I can confirm this. There's no "blank square" though, just the green ball icon. Aikurn Resolved as DUPLICATE. kwilliam
- bug #160316 This bug is more of a feature request. However, I think the submitter has a good point. konjani
bug #161190 Buddy icons don't work in Yahoo protocol. Yet another Yahoo feature needs fixin. kwilliam Resolved as DUPLICATE.
- bug #120474 Confirmed; considered a feature by the devs, but the reporter makes a good point about it being a bug. redlizard
- bug #137865 Confirmed, partially. In the chat window black text is displayed on black background, but it does not affect the textbox for entering the message. mathias
- bug #164054 Confirmed. Although I'm not sure if it's a bug or intended behavior. Fhp
- bug #164253 A string change, after KDE4.1 string freeze.
Bugs no longer present in KDE 4
Bugs that cannot be reproduced in the KDE 4 version of Kopete should be listed here.
- bug #147487 fixed in 0.50.80, though still present in 0.12.7/KDE 3.5.9. Tested in both KDE3 and KDE4 environments now. kwilliam
- bug #158711 I can't reproduce it, uses dcop. Aikurn
- bug #152204 Couldn't reproduce this, it's probably a distro related issue as the comments mention. Might even be hardware related but it works for me with gspca. mcirsta
- bug #116594 I can't reproduce this. My Kopete crashed before the file was 100% sent, but the recipient was notified and could accept the transfer.
bug #157841 Looks like this is a DCOP issue. hays Resolved as WONTFIX. kwilliam
bug #161237 Can't reproduce this. Seems fixed to me. kwilliam Resolved as INVALID.
- bug #117304 Can't reproduce this. Seems fixed to me. Romanesen
bug #133655 Can't repro in trunk. Dunno about KDE3. CondorDes
bug #133938 Can't repro in trunk. Dunno about KDE3. CondorDes
bug #134400 Can't repro in trunk. Dunno about KDE3. CondorDes
bug #135791 Applicable to KDE3 only. CondorDes
- bug #160744 Can't reproduce this. Seems fixed to me. Konjani
bug #161540 Can't reproduce this. Seems fixed to me. kwilliam Resolved as FIXED.
bug #132824 Can't reproduce this. Seems fixed to me. redlizard
bug #136549 Can't reproduce this. Seems fixed to me (if it isn't a distro bug, as suggested in the report). redlizard
- bug #140685 Fixed in KDE4 (new identity gui). redlizard
bug #142976 Can't reproduce this. Seems fixed to me. As a bonus, a developer said he would fix it, 9 months ago. redlizard
- bug #147822 Can't reproduce this. Seems fixed to me. Found bug #165913 in the process, may be related. redlizard
- bug #132536 Can't reproduce this. Fhp
bug #120302 Can't reproduce this. CondorDes
bug #129285 Not relevant to KDE4. CondorDes
bug #130250 Can't reproduce this. CondorDes
bug #130294 Can't reproduce this. CondorDes
bug #130519 Can't reproduce this. Bug was from KDE3; user combined two issues into one bug. Issue #1 is confirmed fixed, and I told him to file a separate bug if he's still having issue #2 (which I believe is also fixed). CondorDes
bug #133046 Can't reproduce this. CondorDes
- bug #133950 Can't reproduce this. Romanesen
bug #135557 Cant't reproduce this. It looks fixed by me. Konjani
- <strikebug #135818 Can't reproduce this. Fhp</strike>
bug #136184 Related service seems to be down. Fhp
bug #139618 Works for me. Bug is also 1,5 years old. Konjani
bug #138423 Cant's reproduce this. Seems fine by me. Bug is also 2,5 years old. Konjani
bug #140149 Already solved by reporter. Fhp
bug #141719 Seems fixed. Fhp
- bug #144130 Seems solved. Fhp
bug #163302 Seems fixed by me. Konjani
bug #145764 Can't reproduce this. Seems fixed to me. Fhp
- bug #163981 Can't reproduce this. Fhp
bug #164227 Can't reproduce this. Fhp
- bug #151405 I tried using the case specified and couldn't reproduce, but still asked if it still happened. sahaqiel
bug #151026 Didn't ever happen to me in kde4, asked if it still happens. sahaqiel
bug #154318 Again I tried reproducing but didn't succeed, asked if it still happens. sahaqiel
bug #152409 Could reproduce this in kubuntu gutsy, but not in hardy ( all in kde 3.5.x ). However I couldn't in opensuse 11.0 with kopete 0.50.80. sahaqiel
bug #163329 Can't reproduce on the latest trunk. Fhp
bug #136005 Cannot reproduce it with ICQ and kopete 0.50.80 mathias
bug #134445 Cannot reproduce it with ICQ and MSN and kopete 0.50.80 mathias
- bug #164602 can't reproduce on svn trunk r830858 knusperfrosch
- bug #136021 This works for me using kdenetwork svn 833475 mcirsta
bug #144275 This works for me using kdenetwork svn 833475 mcirsta
- bug #152604 Couldn't reproduce this using kdenetwork svn 833475 mcirsta
bug #155914 kwallet misconfigured, closed with remind Blauzahl
- bug #160549 Can't reproduce with Kopete 0.50.80 dtritscher
- bug #163264 Can't reproduce with Kopete 0.50.80 dtritscher
- bug #164226 Can't reproduce with Kopete 0.50.80 dtritscher
Bugs needing more information or Awaiting Feedback
If a bug report is not clear or does not provide enough information to reproduce the bug, list it here.
- bug #149724 some kind of font problem, somewhat recent response, so i bet they submit something Blauzahl
- bug #158545 problem as reported is kopete <-> amsn. Have asked whether reporter has tried with kopete <-> some other client, or amsn <-> some other client. Philrod
- bug #158972 It says Kopete crashed on exit and has a backtrace but no other info, and I can't reproduce it Aikurn
- bug #161914 Cannot see or send webcam video, but slim on details. Unclear whether it is a Kopete bug, a webcam bug, or a firewall problem. kwilliam
bug #161617Reporter had contacts mysteriously disappear, then reappear. Have asked reporter if bug is still happening, and if they can provide steps to reproduce it. kwilliam Resolved as WORKSFORME.
- bug #134962 Reporter has a problem with variations between how the usernames are sent from remote clients causing issues with displayed status and window management. Requires a test case to reproduce. hays
- bug #142888 Reporter has not provided enough information to reproduce the problem or the problem has been fixed. Asked for the reported to provide more detail. hays
- bug #143639 Unclear if the reporter is reporting a bug or making a general comment. Requested elaboration. hays
- bug #147618 Tried to reproduce in 0.12.7 and could not. Asked the reporter to provide more specifics or try with the latest KDE 3 branch. hays
- bug #149931 Feedback and a backtrace with DEBUGGING SYMBOLS has been requested. hays
- bug #164803 Needs information on which plugin / steps to reproduce. Fhp
- bug #148043 From 3.5.7, asked if was still occurring since it doesn't sound reproducible (MSN/kio) Blauzahl
- bug #162316 Needs console output from a debug enabled version. Macbook specific stuff anyway, might be hardware related. mcirsta
bug #159612 Can't reproduce this as I don't know exactly what he means and it works for me. Aikurn
- Original reporter contacted me privately and said it's working for him too. Aikurn
bug #152811 doesn't connect, no debug info, useless Blauzahl they figured it out Blauzahl
can close, but we'll let them say something else, they seem to be actively replyingBlauzahl
Bugs in functionality not yet present in KDE 4
If a bug is reported against a feature that is not yet available in the KDE 4 version of Kopete (e.g. IRC), list it here.
- bug #159427 This bug has two parts. The first one with the newlines seems fixed both in KDE 3 and KDE 4. The second one uses rich text formatting which is not available in my KDE 4 version but should be confirmed for KDE3. Aikurn
- bug #155193 Bug is regarding text formating in jabber messages, which is not properly working in KDE4 dtritscher
Bugs to be marked as INVALID
If a bug is not valid, please list it here, giving a reason why it is invalid.
Example reasons might include (but are not limited to):
- The bug is not in Kopete.
- The behaviour described in the bug report is not actually a bug.
- bug #157718 Report does not have enough information in the bug to reproduce and works in most recent 0.12.7/3.5.9 series. hays
- bug #161747 Impossible to reproduce and submitter thinks it might be a networking configuration problem. Without more detail, not much can be done with this report. hays
Bugs to be marked as DUPLICATE
If you find two or more reports that are for the same bug, list them here.
bug #141062 Depending on how this code works, this should be marked as a dupe. Information in bug. Unable to confirm this functionality exists in KDE4 version. hays
- Marked as dup. The other bug seems to happen across multiple protocols, and it was confirmed by another triager. Added a note to the other bug indicating it happens on Yahoo as well. CondorDes
Bugs to be marked as WORKSFORME
Bugs that should be marked as WORKSFORME should be listed here.
Bugs needing users with particular setups
If a bug requires a particular hardware or software setup to reproduce that you do not have available, please list if here along with details of its requirements.
- bug #121936 Any one with OS X? tazz
- bug #157989 Needs two people without a firewall/router or with open ports. hays
bug #161536 Needs user with a webcam to test. kwilliam Present in trunk. zarvox
- bug #158103 Needs a particular webcam with SN9C1xx/PAS106B ( like trust 150 spacecam ). mcirsta
- bug #160859 A MS VX1000 webcam is needed to test this one but it's almost certainly not a Kopete issue since the problems are there in Skype also. It's probably a gspca bug and should be reported there. mcirsta
- bug #164554 Needs someone width a Motion Eye webcam in a Sony VAIO FZ21S. Fhp
- bug #136282 Needs someone who can craft and send specially-formatted XMPP messages. CondorDes
- bug #128563 Needs two people without a firewall/router or with open ports. hays
- bug #165357 Needs a Philips SPC900NCMSN webcam mcirsta
- bug #158942 Needs a Logitech Communicator S webcam mcirsta
- bug #130884 Needs a stv680 - aiptek Pencam webcam. The bug seems valid since 2 users mentioned it but is related to specific hardware and the way Kopete handles it. mcirsta
- bug #154516 Needs a webcam to test. sahaqiel
Bugs requiring non-English locales
If a bug requires a non-English locale, list it here along with the locale required to test it.
- bug #161185 Crash using Japanese and SCIM input. kwilliam
- bug #161348 German, English, and a 3rd language (such as Spanish). Missing German translation for words identical to English words. (Program assumed English was the fallback language.) kwilliam
Bugs needing attention from Kopete developers
If the issue raised in a bug is a complex one, and it is not obvious whether it is fixed, or is going to be fixed, or the issue is a policy decision, list the bug report here for handling by a Kopete developer.
bug #150483 patch attached in bz knusperfrosch - patch committed by mattr 06/05/08 20:45 U.S. Central time
bug #111966 patch exists in bz quite a while now knusperfrosch String fix, needs to be delayed a bit. Earthwings
- bug #121030 I get mixed results, i added 2 people in MSN one got through and the other one is showing as "E-Mail Address Not Verified" tazz
- bug #71306 Could one of the devs please look into this one? (Re-assigned it as a wishlist) tazz
- bug #124963 mattr please look into this bug, your question has been answered. tazz
- bug #129929 Devs you guys need to look into this one. tazz
bug #157514 Devs kopete crashes when with privacy plugin enabled. tazz Fixed, see bugreport. Earthwings
bug #142463 The autoreplace plugin is not working properly. Fixed, see bugreport. Earthwings
bug #114232 [string] bug says wstephenson; has to wait till out of string freeze. Blauzahl It's that time again, needs to be delayed :-/ Earthwings
- bug #159229 Too technical. I don't know if a bug is being reported or if it's just a comment on the code. Aikurn
- bug #157692 I think this bug has been fixed as originally reported, but investigation of the bug led to some other very unusual theme behaviors. hays
- bug #158020 I can't reproduce the crash, but the backtrace looks good. Someone with knowledge of the code should probably ask the reporter some questions. hays
bug #161668 Fixed in SVN, but waiting for a backport at Dennis Nienhüser's request before it is closed. kwilliam Don't plan to backport unless there'll be another release in the 4.0.x series. Earthwings
- bug #119442 The bug is there, but I cannot reproduce the problem with the special characters Romanesen
bug #164601 I don't know what the idea is with the "read help"; why is it there and what help should be provided. Fhp String fix (at least), needs to wait for trunk to be opened. Earthwings
- bug #160702 Looks oke, usefull info but can't reproduce. konjani
- bug #150482 I think this might be a problem with the Yahoo! servers/protocol, because I was able to reproduce this in both Kopete and Pidgin. hays
- bug #156296 Debugging output seems to have been provided, as requested. hays
bug #164941 Reported crash from trunk; can't reproduce but contains a good stacktrace. Fhp Duplicate of 157514. Earthwings
- bug #164979 I have no idea what this is about, but it looks ok. Fhp
- bug #118624 nested emoticons; specs Blauzahl
- bug #133223 Yahoo emoticon theme, some don't render right. Different ones than reported though. Listed which don't work. Blauzahl
- bug #126783 yahoo emoticons: I guess emoticons are defined in an xml file. But were they all changed? Is this still valid? I don't know. Blauzahl
bug #148124 Does that file needs to be downloaded? Fhp Not broken on our side. Earthwings
- bug #163808 Some build options fail. Needs a developer or someone width build environment to test. Fhp
Bugs that you can't do
If you are unable to work out what to do with a bug, and you have asked on IRC and not received a response, list the bug here.
bug #163333 Needs also a webcam. Konjani