This is the page for the triage part of the KOffice Bug Day 1 which takes place on Sunday, October 26th 2008, but feel free to start early. The aim of this bug day is to organize as many of the KOffice applications' bugs as possible. Our targets for triage are bugs listed in bugs.kde.org under the products kword, krita and koffice.
The goal of this bug-day is to check if bugs filed against older version of KOffice 1.x still apply to the new 2.0 version. If a bug is still reproducible our aim will be to find simple step-by-step solutions and/or testcases so it gets easier for the KOffice developers to find and fix those bugs.
You don't need any programming experience to help out with Triaging, but you will need a recent version of KOffice, either svn trunk or the recent KOffice 2.0 Beta 2. Information on setting up KOffice from trunk can be found here. If you're having trouble installing KOffice, feel free to drop by on #kde-bugs early to get some help.
- This page has useful information on how to not mis-mark bugs. In particular, "duplicates are hard". Generally we don't want to claim things are duplicates when they aren't. Make sure you get approval from a developer before you mark something a duplicate. We don't want to create more work for the developers!
- Be sure to join #kde-bugs on irc.freenode.net, as this is where the bug-day will be coordinated. (You can even join now!)
First of all, put your name and the version of KOffice you are testing with into the Sign-in section. Then read the descriptions of the various sections to file bugs in carefully.
- Select one of the batches of bugs you'd like to do and pick it by putting your name into the appropriate column.
- Execute the query to get the list of bugs and go through the bugs one by one.
- Read the bug description and the comments carefully and try to reproduce the bug.
- Post a comment on bugzilla explaining what you found out. Be sure to also put the version of KOffice you are testing with in the comment.
- Put the bug into the appropriate section and describe your findings here as well (eg. "Can't reproduce any longer" or "This bug is still reproducible for me"). If there's something special about a bug, you can prepend a little label like eg. crash. Please mark every bug with your IRC nickname. You can easily do that by appending ~~~.
- Check if the bug's Version field is set properly. If the version is set to Unspecified, it should always be set to the version of KOffice the bug was filed for. Set the appropriate version. If you lack bugzilla permissions to do so, additionally file the bug in the "needs version field change" section. Never change a version if it has already been set to a number!
- Mark the bug as triaged by adding the triaged keyword on the bug. Again if you lack the permissions to do so, additionally put it in the "Needs triaged keyword" section.
- If you're done with your batch, pick another one and start from the top :-)
Some bugs might have documents that expose the bugs attached, for some bugs you might be able to create documents that show the buggy behaviour. In both cases we have to add the testcase keyword. If you lack permissions to do so, additionally add the bug to the "Needs testcase keyword" section.
If something has no clear instructions on how to reproduce it, or has little useful information, add a comment asking the reporter for more detail. Then list it in the bugs awaiting feedback section. Be polite, we want to be nice to our bug reporters!
Is it a big bug?
Prioritizing is good. If a major website doesn't work, that is important.
Let's keep track of them.
Please list bugs here to get a second opinion before making the change in bugzilla. This also gives a record of what we've done for the developers to check.
Keep this page updated!
After adding triaged bugs on this page, you should keep an eye on their bugzilla status. Add yourself on the CC field in bugzilla to be informed about updates. When a bug is closed on bugzilla, it should be updated on this page.
You can use the tag <s>...</s> to mark a bug as done
- You can edit single sections of this page if you you check Enable section editing via edit links in your TechBase Preferences.
- Sometimes you might encounter edit conflicts if several people are working on the wiki page at once. We can mostly avoid those by keeping notes of the bugs we encounter in a text editor and file several of them later at once (don't forget to save).
|Please be sure to sign every bug or comment you add to this page with your irc nickname. You can use the wiki markup ~~~ to insert your wiki username automatically (but only do this if it is the same as your IRC nickname, otherwise write your IRC nickname in by hand).|
Tell developers what you are testing with. (If you expect to upgrade between now and BugDay, put what version you are using now next to the bugs/comments that you put on this page.)
Please give distro/version or SVN branch/trunk with revision below (or just beta2 if you're using that):
Division of Labour
Please choose a batch that is not already taken and then query bugs.kde.org for all bugs in that batch. Please mark you irc nickname in the table below to show which month's bugs you are working on to avoid duplication of effort.
If you have to leave before you can finish your batch, please put the last bug you triaged as well as if you're going to finish triaging in the table so others will know where you left off.
|With these more recent bugs, if the report has been looked at by a developer (i.e. they cc'd themself or commented on it or posted a patch), and it seems like the issue is fixed, BUT the developer didn't close it, make sure the bug really can be closed. Often it can't.|
Information mostly for people organizing:
(Total bugs: 69)
Information mostly for people organizing:
For KWord, please start with the former batches as the latter ones might contain bugs that don't need triaging.
(Total bugs: 50)
Information mostly for people organizing:
(Total Bugs: 109)
Information mostly for people organizing:
(Total bugs: 40)
Bugs that need changes that require permissions
If you put a bug into this section, please be sure you additionally put it into the appropriate Completed Bugs section.
Bugs to be marked as TRIAGED
Bugs that need the triaged keyword adding to them should be listed here.
Bugs to be marked as TESTCASE
Bugs needing the testcase keyword added to them should be listed here.
Bugs needing version field changed
Bugs should be listed here if their version field is invalid (i.e. it is listed as "unspecified") and they are still present in KOffice 2, so that the version field can be corrected. In general, we are not changing the version numbers.
Below lists the various sections for completed bugs. This aids everyone in double checking each other's work. In addition this allows those of us that don't have bugzilla permissions to list bugs so that the folks with the permissions can follow up.
Bugs to be marked as RESOLVED
Bugs that are no longer reproducible and have been fixed already go into this section. After they are double-checked they can be closed.
- bug #157379 - koffice 2 alpha 6 keyboard shortcut ctrl-shift-f doesn't go to fullscreen Hum
- bug #158995 - Kword won't continue highlighting to the next page in document Hum
bug #158996 - kword won't let me highlight and copy out of to paste into any other programs. Hum WORKSFORME m4v
bug #158723 - Crash in KWView::selectionChanged while futzing around with flakes. Hum FIXED m4v
bug #148274 - The dialog is completly redesigned and should fit on any screen now. dtritscher FIXED m4v
bug #147888 - Settings are loaded fine in Beta2 dtritscher FIXED m4v
bug #148122 - Fixed in 2.0beta2 dtritscher FIXED m4v
bug #127907 - the cimg restoration doesn't work yet (still needs to be fixed according to cmake). Lemma
- WONTFIX by boud as the filter will is too high maintenance to be kept currently.
bug #128632 - can't find screenshot tool. Lemma
- WONTFIX by boud as the screenshot tool will not return in Krita2.
bug #127443 - unsure, looks fixed but Boudewijn should know best. Lemma
bug #136103 - infinite loop on corrupted icm profile. can't reproduce any longer. Lemma
bug #137239 - could be WONTFIXED as the preview mentioned is not coming back for Krita2. Lemma WONTFIX
bug #140794 - Opening a specific .ps file crashes krita. No longer reproducible. Lemma FIXED
- bug #142846 - Mouse wheel should scroll, not zoom by default. Already implemented. Lemma
- bug #161469 - No crash with 2.0beta2 dtritscher 13:21, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
- bug #38715 - Proposed a simple patch to fix this issue, not applied yet. Lemma
bug #108053 - Left open by accident. Lemma WONTFIX
bug #162876 - Works fine here. dtritscher 15:30, 26 October 2008 (UTC) WORKSFORME
- bug #164625 - Works fine here. dtritscher 15:45, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
- Reopened, it doesn't crash but the layer isn't removed on undo Slangkamp
bug #158429 - Works fine here. dtritscher FIXED m4v
bug #156839 - unable to reproduce m4v FIXED by Boud
bug #159624 - highlighting works fine gkiagia FIXED by TZander
- bug #167007 - I have played with the paragraph tool and i have not been able to reproduce any crash. Med
- bug #167101 - I have been unable to reproduce the crash. Med
- bug #167492 - I have been unable to reproduce the bug. Med
bug #161678 - Using dbus, it works fine gkiagia FIXED m4v
bug #161762 - Can't reproduce that gkiagia FIXED m4v
- bug #171818 - can't reproduce, reporter says it so as well. m4v
bug #172593 - unable to reproduce, either beta2 or 1.6.3. m4v
- bug #122604 - works for me Blauzahl
bug #172646 - seems fixed in trunk. m4v
- bug #104968 - checked with Slovenian locale, seems fixed in trunk JLP
- bug #90297 - Reading/writing .gnumeric format. Works for me. Lemma
- bug #104968 - Not reproducible with Slovenian locale which uses ",". Seems to be fixed. Lemma
- bug #108372 - Can't reproduce any longer. Other issues will be filed as separate bugs. Lemma
- bug #108695 - Awkward effect changing thousands separator. Resolved as that's set outside KSpread. Lemma
bug #172904 - unable to test, the duplicate tool is disabled atm m4v FIXED
Functionality not present in KOffice 2
If a functionality needed to reproduce the bug is not (yet) present in KOffice 2, put the bug into this section.
- bug #158149 - KWord uses settings.xml to store last printing date (lastPrintingDate) instead of meta.xml(print-date) Hum
- bug #158148 - Insert -> Variable -> Date -> Date of Last Printing non existant in KOffice2 Hum
- bug #128746 - can't find scan tool. According to boud it will need a complete rewrite. Lemma
- bug #137003 - the filter preview is currently disabled. Lemma
- bug #139337 - Filter previews are not working yet. Lemma
- bug #141536 - Pasting the clipboard contents into a new layer doesn't work yet. Lemma
Bugs with test-cases
If the bug is still reproducible and has a test-case attached, put it here.
- bug #159107 - Document still crashes when opened in kword. Hum
- bug #146279 - Image is still shown all black, should be 16bit grayscale dtritscher 09:34, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
bug #150890 - I can reproduce m4v FIXED by Cyrille
- bug #138310 - Filter problem, still reproducible. Lemma
- bug #165630 - A test vase has been added by the reporter but kword crashes loading the file so it is not possible to test if the bug is still present yet. Med
Bugs with step-by-step instructions
If the bug has proper step-by-step instructions to reproduce the bug it should go here. Actually most reproducible bugs should end up in this section.
- bug #147114 Bug is still there in 2.0beta2 - added new backtrace --dtritscher 10:01, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
- bug #149041 Could reproduce and added new backtrace --dtritscher 10:56, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
- bug #171024 Could reproduce. posible duplicate. Jtamate
- bug #171449 Could reproduce. Jtamate
- bug #171686 Could reproduce easily. Jtamate
- bug #172167 Could make kword use 100% cpu. Jtamate
- bug #141696 - Problems with graphicsmagick compiled without 16-bit support. Still reproducible. Lemma
bug #154780 - Able to reproduce, added backtrace m4v FIXED by Langkamp
- bug #60050 - Mimetypes in open-file dialog filters list unsorted. Still reproducible. Lemma
- bug #105980 - Save button should be disabled for remote files that can't be written to (eg. http://*). Lemma
- bug #108648 - "Close all views" only closes the current view. Still reproducible. Lemma
- bug #164609 - Still there in 2.0beta2 dtritscher 15:59, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
- bug #156721 - could reproduce m4v
- bug #159257 - Still reproducable and with the same steps you can also observe a drawing bug gkiagia
- bug #159258 - Still reproducable gkiagia
- bug #165869 - Still exists in beta2 dtritscher 16:53, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
- bug #159259 - Still reproducable gkiagia
bug #156754 - can reproduce m4v FIXED in svn Slangkamp
- bug #166932 - Still exists in beta2 dtritscher 17:05, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
- bug #166441 - Still exists in beta2 dtritscher 17:05, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
- bug #166996 - Very simple step-by-step instruction to reproduce the bug. Med
bug #170732 - can reproduce easily, added backtrace. m4v FIXED m4v
- bug #172642 - still exists in beta m4v
bug #173565 - able to reproduce. m4v FIXED m4v
- bug #173310 - I was able to reproduce it. m4v
- bug #104955 - Equalize row/column feature, still reproducible. Lemma
- bug #148207 Not possible to test, the pencil paintop is broken. it just uses the brush paintop atm. Jtamate
- move it here, pencil paintop works now, and I can comfirm. m4v
- bug #169736 - I can confirm. m4v
- bug #124079 - (kspread) confirmed. m4v
- bug #124527 - (kspread) confirmed. m4v
- bug #125306 - (kspread) Can't undo 'Insert Calendar'. confirmed. m4v
- bug #125593 - (kspread) oocalc2 can't read KSpread currency format. confirmed. m4v
- bug #125626 - (kspread) Cell Auto-Completion no longer works. Yep, it doesn't. m4v
Bugs to be marked as INVALID
Bugs which are no longer valid go here. Please provide the reason why you think this bug is invalid.
Some examples of when a bug should be closed as INVALID:
- The reported behaviour is not a bug.
- The bug is completely unrelated to KOffice.
This list is not exhaustive. If you feel a bug is invalid for any other reason, be fure to list it here, mentioning why you think it is invalid.
Before closing a bug as INVALID, be sure to get a developer's opinion.
- bug #162149 Looks more like a bug in X. Backtrace also shows a lot of X errors. dtritscher 15:24, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
- boud left it open, so it seems to have some kind of relation Blauzahl
- bug #162874 As poster said, this is a QT bug, not a Krita bug. dtritscher 15:26, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
- looks like it is part of the reporter's todo list ;) ...he's one of the devs Blauzahl
Bugs to be marked as DUPLICATE
Duplicates (or possible duplicates) found should be placed here along with a link to the bug you think it is a duplicate of.
Bugs that should be WISHES
Sometimes there are bugs that are actually wishlist items. If you think a bug is not really a bug please put it here.
Bugs needing users with particular setups
Bugs that require particular software or hardware that you don't have available should be listed here with a description of the non-standard requirement.
Non english locales
Bugs requiring non-English locales should be listed here, along with the locale they require.
Bugs needing attention from KOffice developers
Add bugs here if you need to find out whether the observed behaviour is inteded, or if there's some other reason that it would be useful for a KOffice developer to take a look at. Make sure you indicate why the bug needs attention. A second common reason to put a bug here is if it has already been heavily commented on by the application's developer. In the latter case please only add bugs you can reproduce.
|Always defer policy decisions to developers.|
- bug #135664 - unsure if I understood it right, but it seems fixed. Lemma
- bug #139468 - Sounds like changing an integer :) was that already done? current default threshold is 50. Lemma
- bug #142416 - This is a reminder the Krita developers set up for themselves. Lemma
- bug #75742 - Concerning the image quality of inserted images. Should maybe be reassigned to flake. Lemma
- bug #85567 - get color names i18n from kdelibs and use color context. Might have been fixed and left open. Lemma
- bug #161770 - Can you build Krita against libgraphicsmagick 1.2.X? dtritscher 15:21, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
bug #173306 - this bug has a temporal fix. m4v
Bugs awaiting feedback
Some bugs are hard to reproduce because the reporter left out some explanation you'd need. In that case we have no other means but to request some more information. Bugs for which feedback from the reporter has been requested should be put here. They should be revisited in 30 days to see if there's any response. If there's feedback
Feedback should only be requested for bugs if you have tried and failed to reproduce them or if the report contains insufficient information to try and reproduce the bug. Requesting feedback for a bug should be seen as a last resort only.
- bug #158993 - While typing in kword. text blinks, and disappears in a full document
- bug #132762 - unconfirmed problem with a wacom tablet. asked the reporter if the problem persisted. Lemma
bug #129444 - Bart reported some error with graphics tablets. can't reproduce, let him recheck. Lemma
- It's FIXED. hooray! Lemma
- bug #161715 - No idea how to reproduce, asked for more detailed instructions. dtritscher 15:17, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
- bug #151408 - can't reproduce neither in beta or 1.6.3. asked for more info m4v
- bug #167187 - asked for a test case. Med
bug #173541 - can't reproduce, asked for a backtrace. it may be a duplicate. m4v
Bugs that you can't do
If you have bugs in your month that you can't do, and no-one has been able to help you with on IRC, please list them here for someone else to have a look at.
Some bugs seem to be more important than the others. If you feel a bug is really really (really) important and you can still reproduce it, please put it here.
bug #173600 - There is no way to save a template using the GUI. This makes it impossible to create default page size and margins. jrt 00:31, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
Put a bug in this section if it is not related to koffice and needs reassignment.