Revision as of 06:41, 26 April 2008
This day will happen in the future at some point, but feel free to start now. The aim is to carry on from where we left off on 6th April Bug Day. Our target for triage is bugs listed in bugs.kde.org under the product Konqueror.
The goal of this bug-day is to check for: simple step-by-step instructions, reproducibility, and most of all, come up with test-cases for reproducing the bugs. This will enable the Konqueror developers to deal with bugs more easily, and so have more time left to actually fix them. When you have added either a test-case or step-by-step instructions for the reproduction of a bug, please list it in the appropriate section below, so that a second triager can see if they can get your instructions/test-case to work correctly. This page provides an excellent explanation of how to create a test-case. This page also has useful information on how to not mis-mark bugs. In particular, "duplicates are hard". Konqueror doesn't have as many duplicates as some applications, and we don't want to claim things are duplicates when they aren't. So do not look too hard for them, and make sure to double check them with someone else, preferably one of the developers before marking/closing.We especially don't want to create more work for developers!
Be sure to join #kde-bugs on irc.freenode.net, as this is where the bug-day will be coordinated. (You can even join now!)
You should either be working with Konqueror from KDE 4 (either 4.0.2 or newer is best or SVN trunk) for testing these bugs. In this case, it probably won't matter which one, because KHTML/KJS are aggressively forward-ported and back-ported, and you might find 4.0.x easier to compile.
You may need another browser to test things in.
If you come across a bug with a testcase in the text, put it under the testcase section. If it isn't marked "testcase" in the title, make a note of that. Check that the testcase works! (And doesn't work!)
Most importantly, we need to create testcases. These are time-consuming, but extremely useful and really help out developers. These are especially important if it is a site that is either a non-Western language or a site you need some sort of account for.
If something has no clear instructions on how to reproduce it, or has little useful information, add a comment asking the reporter for more detail. Then list it in the bugs awaiting feedback section. Be polite, we want to be nice to our bug reporters!
Is it a big bug?
Prioritizing is good. If a major website doesn't work, that is important.
Let's keep track of them.
Keep an eye on what the "Version:" fields say in Bugzilla. If it says "unspecified", it won't show up in developer's searches for 4.0 bugs! Change the version field to match what the other one says, i.e. to match version the bug was first reported in, or mark it below if you don't have bugzilla permissions. Do not update or change the version number (ex. from 3.5.2 to 4.0.2) if it is currently set as a number! Just make a note on the bug of what the status is in the version you are testing with (be explicit as to what version of 4 you are using, mentioning whether it is a source build or which distro the packages come from).
Please list bugs here to get a second opinion before making the change in bugzilla. This also gives a record of what we've done for the developers to check.
Keep this page updated!
After adding triaged bugs on this page, you should keep an eye on their bugzilla status. Add yourself on the CC field in bugzilla to be informed about updates. When a bug is closed on bugzilla, it should be updated on this page.
You can do this with the tag <s>...</s>
Add your comments even on bugzilla for a more complete feedback by users and developers.
Please select a period of bugs from the Division of Labour section below and mark your name next to it and mark it with your irc nickname to show that you are working on it. When you have completed all the bugs in that section, please mark it as complete.
For each bug, try and reproduce it as described in the report. Then list it in the appropriate section below. If you wish to close or mark as duplicate a bug, please list it here even if you have the bugzilla permissions to do so, in order to get a second opinion from another triager. This will help to reduce the number of incorrect actions taken on bugs.
Tell developers what you are testing with. (If you expect to upgrade between now and BugDay, put what version you are using now next to the bugs/comments that you put on this page.)
Please give distro/version or SVN branch/trunk with revision below:
|| KDE version used for testing
||svn trunk r795406
|Please be sure to sign every bug or comment you add to this page with your irc nickname. You can use the wiki markup ~~~ to insert your wiki username automatically (but only do this if it is the same as your IRC nickname, otherwise write your IRC nickname in by hand).|
Division of Labour
This bug day, we will be targeting two sets of bugs. If you have access to an IMAP email account, please take a group of bugs from the IMAP BUGS section. Otherwise, please take a group of general KMail bugs.
Please choose a month that is not already taken and then use the bugs.kde.org query in the table to search for the bugs. Please mark you irc nickname in the table below to show which month's bugs you are working on to avoid duplication of effort.
| Period of time / month
|| No of bugs
|| IRC Nickname
|2004-01 - 2004-08
| 2004-09 - 2004-10
| 2004-11 - 2004-12
| 2005-01 - 2005-02
| 2005-03 - 2005-04
| 2005-05 - 2005-06
| 2005-07 - 2005-08
| 2005-09 - 2005-10
| 2005-11 - 2005-12
| 2006-01 - 2006-02
| 2006-03 - 2006-04
| 2006-05 - 2006-06
| 2006-07 - 2006-08
| 2007-01 - 2007-02
| 2007-03 - 2007-04
| 2007-05 - 2007-06
| 2007-07 - 2007-08
| 2007-09 - 2007-10
| 2007-11 - 2007-12
| 2008-01 - 2008-02
| 2008-03 - now
(Total bugs 286)
|| No of bugs
|| IRC Nickname
(Total bugs 615)
Below lists the various sections for completed bugs. This aids everyone in double checking each other's work. In addition this allows those of us that don't have bugzilla permissions to list bugs so that the folks with the permissions can follow up.
Please note that this is an experimental layout designed to reduce the number of edit conflicts on this page. Each section is its own subpage. The best way to work with this is to enable section editing by going to "My preferences" > "editing" > "Enable section editing via  links". When you click edit you will automatically edit the subpage.
- For those interested, this was implemented after a short discussion on IRC between grundleborg, blauzahl, _lemma, and myself (nixeagle).
Bugs no longer present in 4.x
If a bug is reported against a version of KDE before 4.0, but the bug can no longer be reproduced in KDE 4.x, then it should be listed here. Please do not close the bug. The Konqueror developers would like to check each one before they are closed.
*bug #125567 - Resolved in 4.0.3 Nixeagle already closed Talavis
*bug #126285 - Resolved in 4.0.3 Nixeagle already closed Talavis
bug #101579 - Resolved in 4.0.3 Batika closed katastrophe 17:27, 18 June 2008 (CEST)
- bug #104297 - I think its resolved in trunk and 3.5.9, but someone needs to check my testcase is correct. Grundleborg
bug #102795 - Resolved in 4.0.3. Batika already closed Talavis
bug #98542 - CSS3 :first-line property work as expected. The bug seems fixed on trunk. FiNeX closed by Talavis
- bug #104317 - Resolved in trunk, still present in 3.5.9. Grundleborg
- bug #104358 - fixed in trunk but still present in 3.5.9. Grundleborg
- bug #126785 - not present in 4.0.3 Njg234908
- I don't get this one, but the right border does get broken on 4.0.3 By that I mean text shows up on the right side of the border... Nixeagle
bug #127344 - not present in 4.0.3 Njg234908 -- Closed Nixeagle
bug #127345 - not present in 4.0.3 Njg234908 -- Closed Nixeagle
- bug #152008 - resolved in 4.0.3. KRF
bug #143641 - Resolved in trunk krop already closed Talavis
bug #142518 - Resolved in trunk krop -- Closed Nixeagle
- bug #113260 - Resolved in 4.0.3 and 3.5.9. KRF
bug #152470 - Resolved in 4.0.3 and 3.5.9. KRF katastrophe 04:00, 20 June 2008 (CEST) closed
bug #153033 - Resolved in 4.0.3. KRF
- bug #133028 - Resolved in trunk, still present in 3.5.9 Mzanetti
- bug #104781 - Resolved in trunk and 3.5.9. Grundleborg
- bug #138351 - Resolved in trunk, still present in 3.5.9 Bram85
- bug #138605 - Resolved in trunk, still present in 3.5.9 Bram85
bug #138785 - Resolved in trunk and 3.5.9 Bram85 -- Closed Nixeagle
bug #138828 - Resolved in trunk and 3.5.9 Bram85
bug #138898 - Resolved in trunk and 3.5.9 Bram85
This is not a konqueror khtml bug.
- bug #140850 - Resolved in trunk and 3.5.9. Added testcase. lemma
- bug #139675 - Resolved in trunk, still present in 3.5.9. testcase already present lemma
bug #139783 - Resolved in trunk and 3.5.9. lemma
- bug #139917 - Resolved in trunk and 3.5.9. lemma
bug #140051 - Resolved in trunk, still present in 3.5.9. lemma -- Closed Nixeagle
bug #140611 - Resolved in trunk, still present in 3.5.9. lemma -- Closed Nixeagle
bug #140692 - Resolved in trunk, still present in 3.5.9. lemma -- Closed Nixeagle 09:48, 25 April 2008 (CEST)
- bug #141647 - Resolved in trunk, still present in 3.5.9. lemma
- bug #140643 - Resolved in trunk, still present in 3.5.9 (crash). lemma
bug #98975 - konqueror in trunk doesn't crash anymore rendering the table on the testcase. FiNeX
- How do you know this? I'm unable to do the test. Could you pleae provide the steps or test case you used here? Thanks Nixeagle
bug #142218 - Resolved in trunk and 3.5.9. lemma
bug #142182 - Resolved in trunk and 3.5.9. lemma
bug #142181 - Resolved in trunk, still present in 3.5.9. lemmafixed
bug #100234 - textarea use a lot of CPU. Cannot confirm on trunk. FiNeXWFMBlauzahl
bug #100274 - Bug not reproducible on trunk. FiNeXWFMBlauzahl
bug #135000 - Resolved in trunk (r796129) PhilTrunkBlauzahl
bug #135005 - Resolved in trunk (r796129) PhilTrunkWFMBlauzahl
- bug #128156 - not present in 4.0.3, still an issue in 3.5.7 Njg234908
- bug #133470 - resolved in trunk, still present in 3.5.8; JS debugger crash is well known according to DxSadEagle Frank78ac
- Do the pictures show up in trunk? They don't in branch. flash? Blauzahl
- Yes, the pictures do show up for me in trunk. No flash, I think (flash doesn't work right now on my trunk). Frank78ac
- actually, remind me to ask if the JS debugger crash matters per page... Blauzahl
- bug #142424 - Resolved in trunk krop
- bug #132428 - Resolved in trunk, needs 3.5.9 testing. Buggy area is now the content of the "Now Playing" field Mzanetti
- I cannot test this, as I don't have flash. :P Nixeagle
bug #133887 - Resolved in trunk (dialog box in test case shows "event.type=DOMContentLoaded" as expected). Bug still there in 3.5.8, don't have 3.5.9 here. Frank78acFIXED with testcase and regression test commit Blauzahl
- bug #136622 - JS popup window right behaviour ok trunk. FiNeX
bug #143719 - Not reproducible for me in trunk and 3.5.9mutlu_inek
- Waiting for a response from reporters, perhaps move this to REMIND. Nixeagle
- bug #95866 - fixed in trunk. - JLP
- How did you get that result? See comments on the bug. Nixeagle
- bug #95613 - fixed in trunk. - JLP
- occurs in 3.5.9. Very nice test case by the reporter. marked as LATER. Nixeagle
- bug #137972 - Bug fixed in trunk (CSS rendering problem). FiNeX
- bug #145215 - Bug fixed on trunk. FiNeX
- Needs someone with flash and a web archive. If there is no way to reproduce the original setup, I would close this. Nixeagle
- bug #95508 - can't see this bug anymore in trunk. - JLP
- Are you sure? I can't tell by my notes if I closed it or not... :/ Blauzahl
bug #145269 - Bug fixed in trunk. FiNeXyes, REMINDBlauzahl
bug #95497 - can't see this bug anymore in trunk. - JLPWFM Blauzahl
- bug #135603 - I don't see this in trunk. Suspect the site has changed, to be honest. Philrod
- did someone post a wayback machine link? is it possible?
- bug #135824 - fixed in trunk, still present in 3.5.8 Philrod
- bug #95327 - resolved in trunk r799198, still present in 3.5.9 - JLP
- bug #142809 - Resolved in trunk krop
- Does not work in 3.5.9 -- causes the site to be unusable. Nixeagle
- bug #143146 - Resolved in trunk krop
- Confirmed not working in 3.5.9 - marked bug as LATER. Nixeagle
- bug #148528 - Resolved in trunk, still present in 3.5.9. Talavis
bug #148638 - Resolved in trunk, still present in 3.5.9. Talavis -- Closed Nixeagle
- bug #132428 - fixed in trunk, probably in 3.5.9. non-crashing flash stuff Blauzahl
- bug #145335 - Fixed in trunk. FiNeX
- 3.5.9 and 4.0.3 still do not show hyphens (the bug). Nixeagle
- bug #145700 - Fixed in trunk (font rendering problem). FiNeX
- bug #145894 - Bug fixed in trunk. FiNeX
- bug #146147 - Fixed both in trunk and 3.5.8. FiNeX
- bug #153312 - Cannot reproduce the crash on both konqueror 4 (trunk r797319) and 3.5.8. FiNeX
- Very recent bug, reporter is active and asserts the issue is happening on 3.5.8. I've asked if it was possible to update to 3.5.9 and test. No crash in 3.5.9 or 4.0.3, with or without flash. Nixeagle
bug #153488 - Fixed in trunk. Confirmed in 3.5.8. FiNeX -- Closed by Maksim Orlovich
- bug #153745 - Fixed in trunk. Confirmed in 3.5.8. FiNeX
- Still present in 4.0.3 and 3.5.9. Read my comment for further details. Nixeagle
- bug #153830 - Bug fixed on both konqueror 4 (trunk r797319) and 3.5.8. FiNeX
- Seems to still be present, I'm getting conflicting reports on IRC. As such its probably too soon to close this. Nixeagle
- Strike that, the bug still exists in 3.5.9 and 4.0.3. Nixeagle
- bug #134398 - No crash in trunk, but in 3.5.8. Frank78ac
bug #134632 - Resolved in trunk, still there in 3.5.9. Frank78ac Closed (TC) Nixeagle
bug #134689 - Resolved in trunk, still there in 3.5.9 (test case should be marked!). Frank78ac -- Closed (TC) Nixeagle
- bug #134442 -
Test case (has to be marked!) works fine in trunk (no flickering access keys), but not in 3.5.9. Also true for the mentioned website (flickering is less obvious than in test case), but someone with working flash on trunk might want to verify this. Frank78ac closed with worksforme and testcase marked by DanielW
- bug #151500 - I think the size part is fixed in 4.0.3, as for rendering, I'm not sure the small differences really matters. Not fixed in 3.5.9. Talavis
bug #150732 - Unable to reproduce in 3.5.9 and 4.0.3 Talavis closed by FiNeX
bug #151202 - Unable to reproduce in 3.5.9 and 4.0.3 Talavis closed by FiNeX
- bug #151355 - I am unable to reproduce this in 3.5.9 and 4.0.3, but I may be too slow moving the pointer or my computer might be too fast. Talavis
- bug #130225 - testcase works in 4.0.3 katastrophe
- bug #130292 - looked up with archive.org, works in 4.0.3 katastrophe
- bug #131411 - tried on my webserver, doesnt crash in 4.0.3 katastrophe
- bug #130806 - tried on my webserver, testcase works in 4.0.3 katastrophe
This is just a list of things we closed, items struken out above can be moved down here at your leisure.
bug #109907 - Resolved in trunk krop -- Closed - resolved in 3.5.9 Nixeagle
bug #109046 - Resolved in trunk krop -- Closed - resolved in 3.5.9 Nixeagle
bug #110251 - Resolved in trunk krop
bug #110284 - Resolved in trunk krop -- Closed Nixeagle
bug #110225 - Resolved in trunk krop -- Closed Nixeagle
bug #127152 - not present in 4.0.3, or 3.5.7 - can be closed Njg234908 closed Nixeagle
bug #104438 - Resolved in trunk and 3.5.9.Grundleborg -- closed Nixeagle
bug #138231 - not present in 3.5.x and trunk Bram85
bug #138807 - Resolved in trunk and 3.5.9 Bram85
bug #98571 - Empty row in XHTML rendered correctly. Bug fixed in trunk. FiNeX -- Closed Nixeagle
bug #141079 - Resolved in trunk and 3.5.9. lemma -- Closed Nixeagle
bug #142046 - Resolved in trunk and 3.5.9. lemma -- Closed Nixeagle
bug #127487 - not present in 4.0.3, or 3.5.7 - think can be closed Njg234908 -- closed Nixeagle
bug #128128 - not present in 4.0.3, or 3.5.7 - think can be closed Njg234908 -- Closed Nixeagle
bug #128232 - not present in 4.0.3, or 3.5.7 - can be closed Njg234908 -- Closed Nixeagle
bug #132549 - Resolved in trunk and 3.5.9. Mzanetti closed Nixeagle
bug #143809 - Not reproducible for me in trunk and 3.5.9 mutlu_inek -- closed Nixeagle
bug #144669 - Not reproducible for me in trunk and 3.5.9 mutlu_inek -- closed Nixeagle
bug #144720 - Not reproducible for me in trunk and 3.5.9 mutlu_inek -- closed Nixeagle
bug #137228 - Website has been changed. Bug no more reproducible. FiNeX
bug #137252 - Konqueror doesn't crash anymore on the specified website while searching. FiNeX -- Closed Nixeagle
bug #137876 - Hotmail login is working correctly. FiNeX
bug #146237 - Google street view flash crap, but this one works. added to flash page to keep an eye on. Closed Blauzahl
bug #137877 - Attachment problem on hotmail fixed on trunk. FiNeX
bug #145267 - Bug fixed in trunk. FiNeX Closed Nixeagle
bug #142446 - Resolved in trunk krop Closed Nixeagle
bug #142784 - Resolved in trunk krop -- Closed Nixeagle
bug #142869 - Resolved in trunk krop -- closed - works in 3.5.9 Nixeagle
bug #151170 - Resolved in trunk and 3.5.9? Talavis -- closed Nixeagle
bug #145421 - Konqueror in doesn't crash anymore on flickrvision. FiNeX -- Closed - no crashes on 3.5.9 or 4.0.3. Nixeagle
bug #145909 - Fixed in trunk. (crash on applegazette.com). FiNeX -- closed Nixeagle
bug #154801 - fixed in trunk. FiNeX -- Closed Nixeagle
bug #157442 - closed with worksforme, page probably changed and is too new to be in wayback machine to get testcase Blauzahl (look at archive.org way later for rt?)
bug #146681 - getting a testcase would be nice, but i'm closing since it worksBlauzahl
bug #146651 - was a driver bug Blauzahl
bug #146740 - nice commentary, seems to work, closing with remindBlauzahl
bug #146823 - needs dev closed with FIXED per sadeagle (plus t estcase already in tr)Blauzahl
bug #147174 - no crash, closingBlauzahl
bug #147278 - works, closingBlauzahl
Bugs needing version field changed
Bugs should be listed here if their version field is invalid (i.e. it is listed as "unspecified") and they are still present in KDE 4, so that the version field can be corrected. In general, we are not changing the version numbers.
If a bug fits another category, put it there and add the notation that the version field needs changing.
Bugs with test-cases Added
Bugs that have had a test case (an example of how to reproduce the bug) added should be entered below.
- bug #108442 - Testcase added - Confirmed in trunk. Seems unrelated to Konqueror krop
- bug #109070 - Testcase added - Confirmed in trunk. krop
- bug #112756 - Test case was already there, however someone with the correct permissions needs to add [testcase] to the summary. Nixeagle
- bug #150165 - Testcase already there, need [testcase] added to summary. Confirmed in trunk.Talavis
- bug #103250 Testcase added - Confirmed in trunk. Grundleborg
- bug #103846 - Testcase tag added - confirmed in trunk and 3.5.9. Grundleborg
- bug #100647 - Test case already present, need [testcase] added to summary Batika
- bug #100805 - Test case added, confirmed in 4.0.3. Modify summary Batika
- bug #104259 - Test case tag added. confirmed in trunk and 3.5.9 Grundleborg
- bug #128714 - Test case. Confirmed in 4.0.3 Crvena_Zvezda
- bug #128768 - Test case. (Link to web page). Confirmed in 4.0.3 Crvena_Zvezda
- bug #147960 - Test case already present. KRF
- bug #147789 - Very detailed test case present. KRF
- bug #147935 - Test case present. KRF
- bug #104396 - Testcase tag added. Still present in trunk and 3.5.9. Grundleborg
- bug #126778 - still present in 4.0.3, testcase added - needs marking as [testcase] Njg234908 - done. KRF
- bug #127174 - still present in 4.0.3, testcase added - needs marking as [testcase] Njg234908 - done. KRF
- bug #127027 - still present in 4.0.3, has testcase but needs marking [testcase] Njg234908 - done. KRF
- bug #148343 - Testcase tag added. Cant test though. KRF
- bug #140107 - Still present in 3.5.9 and trunk. testcase already present. lemma
- bug #140644 - Still present in 3.5.9 and trunk. testcase already present. lemma
- bug #140842 - Still present in 3.5.9 and trunk. testcase already present. lemma
- bug #141122 - Still present in 3.5.9 and trunk, testcase already present (label added). lemma
- bug #141846 - Still present in 3.5.9. Slightly different but related, incorrect behaviour in trunk. Testcase modified and readded. lemma
- bug #98856 - password form filled with a default value is blanked clicking back, testcase added. FiNeX
- bug #99043 - Double GET request on particular JS image loading with testcase. FiNeX
- bug #99824 - CSS interpreter doesn't works on specific testcase. FiNeX
- bug #141920 - testcase present (label added), still reproducible in 3.5.9 and trunk.
- bug #127363 - still present in 4.0.3, js coding error on page but renders correct in Firefox. Testcase added - needs marking as [testcase] Njg234908
- bug #127734 - still present in 4.0.3, has testcase and is already marked [testcase] in bz. Njg234908
- bug #127742 - still present in 4.0.3, has testcase already - needs to be marked [testcase] in bz. Njg234908
- bug #133749 - Confirmed in trunk, test case is already there and marked. Frank78ac
- bug #133827 - Confirmed in trunk, test case already there and is marked (not really sure though if this actually a bug). Frank78ac
- bug #133967 - Confirmed in trunk (was confirmed already in 4.0.3, comment #5). Test case already there, needs to be marked, also in the related bug #160568. Frank78ac
- bug #136830 - anchor href bug confirmed. Testcase confirmed. FiNeX
- bug #136957 - onclick() not triggered on "option" element (with testcase) FiNeX
- bug #137133 - Problems with history setted from JS. FiNeX
- bug #143819 - Testcase available, reproducible for me in trunk and 3.5.9 mutlu_inek
- bug #143972 - Testcase available, (with some differences, see BKO) reproducible for me in trunk and 3.5.9 mutlu_inek
- bug #144308 - Testcase available, reproducible for me in trunk and 3.5.9 mutlu_inek
- bug #137408 - Bug with testcase. JS doesn't work correctly . FiNeX
- bug #137511 - css style on elements on select box are not rendered. I've added a testcase. FiNeX
bug #137606 - CSS rendering problem. FiNeX
- bug #137098 - The website has been changed but the testcase is still valid. FiNeX
- bug #161090 - user-defined stylesheets are ignored in trunk. added testcase and label. lemma
- bug #137890 - Testcase confirmed on trunk (JS and mouse-over issue). FiNeX
- bug #136278 - Testcase added. Confirmed on trunk Philrod
- bug #135739 - Testcase added. Confirmed on trunk and in 3.5.9 JLP
- bug #148859 - Testcase already there, add [Testcase]. Confirmed in trunk and 3.5.9 Talavis
- bug #160428 - added Testcase, Tags need to be updated. more details User:googlefish/BUG160428, googlefish.
- bug #145612 - Testcase doesn't crash. Reported website cause konqueror crash. FiNeX
- bug #145701 - CSS :first-letter rendering problem. FiNeX
- bug #145738 - CSS rendering problem on :after. FiNeX
- bug #146123 - Testcase confirmed (html rendering problem). FiNeX
- bug #134336 - Confirmed in trunk (was confirmed before in 4.0.3, comment #7). Test case already there and marked. Frank78ac
- bug #134345 - Crash confirmed in trunk. Test case already there and marked. Frank78ac
- bug #134386 - Confirmed in trunk. Test case already there and marked. Frank78ac
- bug #134396 - Confirmed in trunk (already in 4.0.3 in comment #3). Test case already there and marked. Frank78ac
- bug #146609 - in branch (4.0.3+) marked the testcase. CSS Blauzahl
- bug #146643 - CRLF sequences. testcase marked. Blauzahl
- bug #146332 scrollbars and div, carewolf commented a long time ago; exists testcase Blauzahl
- bug #134664 - Confirmed in trunk (actually, it got worse, see my comment), Test case already there and marked. Frank78ac
- bug #146752 - transparent jpg issue with testcase Blauzahl
- bug #134863 - Test case added. Confirmed in trunk. Frank78ac
- bug #130121 - Confirmed in 4.0.3, testcase was there katastrophe
- bug #130208 - im pretty sure its confirmed in 4.0.3, at least the 2 lines in the middle are wrong, testcase was there katastrophe
- bug #130266 - testcase added, confirmed in 4.0.3 katastrophe
- bug #130374 - testcase added, i hope its right, please check. confirmed in 4.0.4 katastrophe 11:32, 13 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #131685 - Testcase needed. Description is little too lazy Mzanetti
Bugs with step-by-step instructions
If you have provided step by step instructions on how to reproduce a bug, please list the bug here.
- bug #98486 - Bug reproduced in trunk. The kdewallet data overwrite user typed data. FiNeX
- bug #116406 - Bug reproduced in trunk. Seems to be due to at least two unrelated problems in Konqueror. Frank78ac
- bug #100586 - Bug reproduced in trunk. Already had good instructions. Grundleborg
- bug #102088 - Bug present in 4.0.3. Already had instructions. Batika
- bug #127025 - still present in 4.0.3, causes crash (marked as crash in bz already) new backtrace attached. Has instructions but couldn't easily create standalone testcase Njg234908
- bug #129093 - Bug present in 4.0.3. Have link to webpage that triggers the errorCrvena_Zvezda
- bug #139560 - still present in 3.5.9 and trunk. lemma
- bug #140545 - still present in 3.5.9 and trunk. Slightly different behaviour on KDE 4.x depending on the flash animation being played (changes on reload/different pages). lemma
- bug #141677 - still present in 3.5.9 and trunk. Behaves alightly different in trunk but still erroneous. lemma
- bug #141824 - still present in 3.5.9 and trunk. lemma
- bug #156647 - Confirmed and added backtrace in 4.0.3. Had instructions already. - alexrudd
- bug #133979 - Confirmed in trunk (was confirmed already in 4.0.3, comment #7). Instructions already there. In addition to the "old" bug, the page is rendered incorrectly in KDE 4. Maybe one should change the bug summary or file a new bug to reflect this. Frank78ac
- bug #137348 - Link not followed on italian popular webmail (libero.it). FiNeX
- bug #143948 - Bug is reproducible in 3.5.9 and trunk. Already had simple instructions. Should probably be refiled as a Java Script Bug. mutlu_inek
- bug #144753 - Bug is reproducible in 3.5.9 and trunk. Already had simple instructions. mutlu_inek
- bug #137839 - Rendering problem confirmed (JS menu). FiNeX
- bug #161094 - Confirmed in trunk, working in 3.5.9 (possible regression). Strange error displaying hebrew letters as raw utf-8. lemma
- bug #140051 - Confirmed in trunk, working in 3.5.9 (possible regression). Printing problems. lemma
- bug #141751 - Confirmed in trunk and 3.5.9. blauzahl reported it was working in trunk when setting the user-agent to IE6 on XP but that didn't work for others. lemma
- bug #95364 - still present in 3.5.9, also not quite right in trunk. JLP
- bug #145382 - Bug confirmed in trunk. FiNeX
- bug #153602 - Some microsoft.com pages are not correctly rendered... FiNeX
- bug #154142 - mediawiki 7-bit ASCII recoding bug. FiNeX
- bug #154199 - crash confirmed in trunk. FiNeX
- bug #154345 - SVG recognized like text/plain. FiNeX
- bug #154494 - JS bug (?) confirmed in trunk. FiNeX
- bug #133470 - js crash known kde4 issue; but doesn't show image in google image labeler Blauzahl
- bug #161363 - favicons, lemma figured this out Blauzahl
- bug #144940 - Reproduced in trunk. FiNeX
- bug #140091 - bug too unspecific to really understand. asked for more information. lemma
- bug #140091 - Printing problems with lines being split on some pages. A little too unspecific so I asked the reporter for the konqueror version he's using as well as a testcase. lemma
- reproduced in trunk r813735. Jtamate
Bugs to be marked as RESOLVED
Bugs filed against KDE 4 (ie, only very recent ones) that can no longer be reproduced should be listed here. Bugs filed against earlier versions of KDE that can no longer be reproduced should be listed in the section above.
- bug #151453 - since Konqueror 4 seems usable, I guess this bug about Konq crashing at quit can be considered resolved.
Bugs to be marked as INVALID
Bugs which are no longer valid go here. A link to the bug and why it qualifies as invalid should be provided.
Some examples of when a bug should be closed as INVALID:
- The reported behavior is not a bug
- The bug is completely unrelated to KDE
This list is not exhaustive. If you feel a bug is invalid for any other reason, be sure to list it here, mentioning why you think it is invalid.
bug #128759 - Reporter ask for similar behaviour for all KDE apps, while Thiago see it differently. Crvena_Zvezda
bug #143561 - Confirmed in trunk. However, this is a site issue, not a khtml one (missing quote) krop
bug #133050 - Report does not describe the problem good enough to reproduce, the provided links don't work correctly and there was no activity for over a year Mzanetti
bug #131893 - Useless bug report and no activity. Mzanetti
bug #141733 - original reporter claimed the site changed several days after reporting the bug (openmoko.org). However retrieving an old version from archive.org doesn't show any difference. Unreproducible. lemma
bug #141067 - Site seems to have changed (not reproducible/retrievable using archive.org) or the original reporter was just plain wrong. I asked if he could provide some more information. If he can't i vote INVALID lemma
bug #140275 - Report regarding kwallet/khtml. In my opinion the original reporter considers expected behaviour a security risk while it actually isn't. lemma
bug #139744 - I assume this to be a coding error in the page reported. I described the fix on the bug. lemma
bug #143272 - Invalid - working as intended krop
bug #133994 - Reasons to mark as invalid: 1. The bug was due to the website using too old udm4 menus, see first comment to the bug. 2. Website has changed, does not have the drop down menus anymore. Frank78ac
Bugs to be marked as DUPLICATE
Duplicates found should be placed here with a link to the bug which you think it is a duplicate of.
bug #126424 is a dupe of bug #115909 I've already marked these two after asking on IRC. Its very obvious, needless just noting it here. Exact same site, same test images, same details. Nixeagle
Bugs needing users with particular setups
Bugs that require particular software or hardware that you don't have available should be listed here with a description of the non-standard requirement.
*bug #152624 - What are orkuts? KRF Blauzahl & nareshov
*bug #100286 - Horde webmail account needed for testing this bug. FiNeX nareshov says fixed in 3.5.9, so closing Blauzahl
*bug #146616 - Needs a wordpress account. Blauzahl Tried reproducing with 3.5.7 (and a wordpress.com blog - which currently uses version 2.5.*) but failed. Nareshov
Non english locales
Bugs requiring non-English locales should be listed here, along with the locale they require.
Bug #139937 confirm in konqueror kde 4.00.69 (KDE 4.00.69 >= 20080410) by Zayed
Bugs needing attention from Konqueror developers
Add bugs here if you need to find out whether the observed behavior is intended, or if there's some other reason that it would be useful for a Konqueror developer to take a look. Make sure you indicate why the bug needs attention from them.
|Always bump policy decisions to developers.|
- bug #108634 - The bug reporter complains about the style Konqueror uses for & <acronym>. Konqueror just uses the "typical style" suggested here : http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/sample.html krop
bug #124193 - Report has a problem with XLST, the only response to this bug is that XLST is not supported. Nixeagle
- Maksim has had a look, stated it was low priority but not a WONTFIX. Nixeagle
bug #124843 - Report appears as if it may have a fix on the page. However I can't confirm as there is no way to get a working demo up. If you guys happen to know if this is resolved, please close it. Otherwise we have to wait until we can get a working demo going again. Nixeagle
- Closed after speaking to harri on IRC. Nixeagle
- bug #103468 - not sure what can really be done about this. Should it be closed? Grundleborg
- bug #124910 - Is this fixed? For all appearances it is in kde 4.0.3. Nixeagle
- Dev responded, looks like that one is staying open. We probably will need to create a test case of some sort to be sure that it really is fixed or not. Sadly I'm not able to do this. Nixeagle
- bug #102198 - Given comment #5, should it be marked as INVALID? Batika
- bug #147408 - The testcase site provided by the reporter is a mess (php code in html and so on). Should it work at all?
- bug #126941 - Error compiling konq using icpc - is this supported? Njg234908
- bug #149366 - text-transform:lowercase not affecting input fields. This seems not to be working in other browsers (Firefox) Talavis
- bug #104656 - the HTML is buggy, but should konqueror emulate firefox and other browsers here? Grundleborg
- bug #152285 - there are some serious troubles regarding js with krugle.org in 4.0.3. Seems to work in 3.5.9, though. KRF
- bug #115913 - should be ok to close. feature doesnt exist in kde4 anymore but works ok for me in 3.5.9. Reporter complains about intented behaviour i think. KRF
- bug #152860 - Regression in KDE 4.x. KRF
- bug #153041 - Patch included.
- bug #133282 - Confirmed for trunk. However it seems to be a site design issue. Should it be marked as INVALID? Mzanetti
- bug #98583 - Problem about managing DPI/px/pt. After a long discussion the bug report is still without solution. FiNeX
- bug #140777 - The devs were already discussing if this was actually a bug or expected behaviour -> (<style /> in an xhtml document) lemma
- bug #140608 - Very special case. A bug that maybe only showed up in a special version of gcc. Unsure if it might be closable as WORKSFORME. lemma
- bug #141433 - This bug is reproducible in 3.5.9 and trunk. The developers have already been discussing it but the bug wasn't closed back then. Unsure if this is a policy or a bug thing. lemma
- bug #100850 - Reported behavior is undefined in CSS 2.1, but seems to have an unexpected result, refer to comment #5. Batika
- bug #132590 - Reported behaviour is illegal. Devs should decide if this non-standard "feature" should be implemented or bug should be closed. Mzanetti
- bug #136836 - setlectedTextAsHTML() function need to be checked from developers. FiNeX
- bug #137347 - Strange bug about CSS not loaded (random). FiNeX
- bug #144361 - Bug is reproducible in 3.5.9 and trunk. Maksim wondered about which specification the keygen field belongs to. Should be researched and ither implemented or marked as invalid. mutlu_inek
- bug #134232 - Cannot reproduce crash on 3.5.8 and trunk. Not sure if this is fixed or if the website changed (the mentioned page seems to be unavailable on archive.org). Reporter had attached a patch to fix the bug, so the developers might be able to say if this is fixed or not. Frank78ac
- bug #137573 - Website links are working now. Anyway it seems not perfect. FiNeX
- bug #134165 - Test case not available any more (404 not found; archive.org doesn't have it). Not sure if the bug is still there or if Maksim got enough information to fix it (see comment #4). Frank78ac
- bug #139603 - Still reproducible in 3.5.9, can't confirm for trunk as user-defined stylesheets are currently not working. lemma
- bug #135457 - carewolf's comment is that konq's behaviour is probably correct. The reporter disagrees. Konq behaves the same as ff. Philrod
- bug #145224 - bug (if it is a bug) still reproducible. A patch has been done. It should be tested. FiNeX
- bug #145702 - high memory usage on page reload. FiNeX
- bug #153765 - Zoom need improvements. FiNeX
- bug #146562 - jamendo.com flash music audio backend error, wants XUL and FF or IE according to greeneg, maybe we should send them a polite email, since it sounds like a site-issue that could easily be fixed on their end, i don't remember if i tried cloaking, it loads really slowly, so i probably forgot to check if it worked, doh! Blauzahl
- bug #146384 - Bank site issue, seems fixed now, can probably close, but maybe not; some XHR thing that maybe still exists elsewhere and the patch was never applied SadEagle didn't like it Blauzahl
- bug #146667 - patch, testcase, but bad policy, needs a nice note Blauzahl
- bug #134258 - Germain seemed to think in 2006 it was not really a bug. Rendering of the test cases in trunk seems to be very close to Firefox now (text padding doesn't overlap with surrounding text any more in 2nd test case, FF just has a larger gap). Frank78ac
- bug #147256 testcase, this is one where SadEagle & germain both seem to have patches, but it's still open probably for a reasonBlauzahl
- bug #130221 reporter seems right after rfc, but ping also allows this :p katastrophe
- bug #130689 css3 issue, i dont know firefox3 rendering is different katastrophe
- bug #130494 there is a fix for amarok referenced, beyond my abilities katastrophe
- bug #131199 could not reproduce with 4.0.3, probably there was something planned with this bug :p for maksim(says Blauzahl) katastrophe
- bug #130746 i dont know if this should be supported.katastrophe
If a bug affects a high profile site that is likely to cause problems for many users, please list it here.
Needs more information
- bug #134002 - Bug still present in "original page" in 3.5.8 and trunk. Test case unavailable at the moment (Timeout on server; archive.org doesn't have the page). We should check later if the server works again or ask for a new test case if it doesn't. Frank78ac
Bugs awaiting feedback
NB. Feedback should only be requested for bugs if you have tried and failed to reproduce them or if the report contains insufficient information to try and reproduce the bug. Requesting feedback for a bug should be seen as a last resort only.
Bugs for which feedback has been requested, which should be revisited in 30 days to see if there's any response. Please list all bugs here for which feedback has been requested.
bug #122883 - No way to reproduce this as the links for the testcase give 403 forbidden. I've asked for updated links if there are still some available. Nixeagle
bug #103631 - page no longer exists. KRF
bug #130164 - page no longer exists, but perhaps a testcase could be made with the description katastrophe
bug #139751 - page has changed. asked for more information. lemma
bug #140287 - even the reporter claims he wasn't able to reproduce this bug. I asked again if he stumbled upon it again. lemma
bug #140548 - original site has changed. asked for testcase. lemma
bug #141292 - original reporter attached a backtrace. as the problem is not reproducible (and probably wasn't a common bug by the time reported) I asked for more information.
bug #138907 - Bug appears only in a logged in section. Requested a testcase. Bram85
- bug #99314 - Page with rendering problem not reachable. Asked for a testcase. FiNeX
bug #141890 - I'm not quite sure I understood the bug. I tried constructing a testcase, attached that and asked the reporter for more information. lemma
- bug #141841 - Original testcase no longer available. Asked the reporter to reupload it. lemma
bug #141840 - Site no longer reachable. Asked reporter for a testcase. lemma
bug #141822 - Reporter talks about radioboxes which I can't see. Asked for more information/testcase. lemma
bug #141772 - It seems likely the site has changed. As I'm unsure I asked for more information. lemma
bug #141820 - The reporter talks about a drop-down in the middle of the page. As I can't see a drow-down in any browser I tried I asked for more information. lemma
- bug #132849 - Page no longer exists but perhaps a testcase could be made with the description Mzanetti
- bug #136656 - Asked for a testcase, the URL on the report are not reachable. FiNeX
- bug #137135 - Asked for a testcase. The html on the report are not clear (to me). FiNeX
bug #137343 - Asked for confirmation about the current behaviour. FiNeX
bug #144071 - I could not triage this bug since the webpage is in Hungarian and the testing account that was given seems to have expired. I requested someone to open a new testing account. mutlu_inek
bug #137765 - Missing part of the testcase. FiNeX
- bug #138120 - Asked if the actual behavior is the right. FiNeX
bug #135551 - Intermittent problem, so hard to test. Have asked reporter/commenters whether they still see the problem. Philrod
bug #143042 - Website offline, testcase can't be tested. [20 Apr.] krop
bug #136494 - No one but reporter sees the issue. Feedback previously requested about flash version used Philrod
bug #153311 - Waiting for feedbak (konqueror 3.5.8 crash on start). FiNeX
bug #153636 - Waiting for feedback. FiNeX
bug #153643 - Waiting for feedback (since december 2007... no answer in five months). FiNeX
bug #154508 - Cannot reproduce the crash. Waiting for feedback. FiNeX
- bug #154572 - Waiting for feedback. FiNeX
bug #134649 - Cannot reproduce with 3.5.8 or trunk (website might have changed). Frank78ac
bug #147361 - ???? no bt need more info Blauzahl
- bug #100667 - Related to window redraw, so it does not belong to Konqueror. I'd say this is fixed, but perhaps someone with an older cpu should check. Batika
- bug #150021 - Is a KMail bug, not related to Konqueror. 'Product' field should be changed. Frank78ac
Bugs that you can't do
If you have bugs in your month that you can't do, and no-one has been able to help you with on IRC, please list them here for someone else to have a look at.
- bug #113215 - can't figure this one out. Text does not match in any browser.
- bug #123552 - Change components? If so to what? Nixeagle
- bug #124497 - I don't know what [alt] is even supposed to do. What is the bug?
- bug #123552 - Philrod notes that he has seen something like this: the way to reproduce is you go to a website and open a text file, embedded in konqueror. Then you go to the address bar and enter some actual web site (say, www.kde.org). It loads the website in the text component.
Test case needed
- bug #112943 Support of CSS page-context "@page"
bug #115909 -- something that replicates the effect of pushing the "larger" link and makes all text on the page bigger?
- As much of a test case as that bug needs has been produced.
- bug #116957 -- Fairly complex, involves js in what appears to be multiple files, as well as running je-debugger,
- bug #160459 Java script menu seems to cause infinite long page
- bug #160784 Problem somewhere between form submission and redirect (link is not valid)
- bug #146508 - This sucker needs a testcase. http://www.type-25.co.uk/ Blauzahl
- Can't test due to qt bug which gentoo has not patched yet. This prevents me from testing anything that needs SSL. (anything requiring a login is more or less out).
- Need kmail
- Do I actually need quicktime? Find out.
- bug #115515 Bug still occurs, folks on that report seem stumped.
bug #124193 XLST not supported by konq, so what do we do with this?
- grundleborg recommends asking the devs, so that is where this one goes. Nixeagle
- bug #102307 - Server was reporting wrong encoding, the page does not exist. Cannot test, need a webserver.
- bug #102136 - Patch in testing, needs complete test case.
- bug #101340 - Provided testcase does not work in 4.0.3. However, #8 says it works in 3.5.6.
- bug #102443 - Comment #4 reports bad js code, probably can be closed.
- bug #100743 - Issue regarding kwallet with http_auth. Cannot test.
- bug #155017 - Need access to printer.
- bug #142402 - kopete khtml bug, not related??? will have to ask someone Blauzahl
- bug #147338 valid bug. I know this is a dup... find it later
- first-line testcase Blauzahl
- bug #149388 - I have no server available (and know no other way to test), so cannot test whether GET is sent again when choosing open with.
- bug #148570 - I do not know enough about web coding to test.
bug #150021 - I neither use kmail nor understand the stack trace, so cannot test.
- Moved this to 'Bugs not related to today' because it is a KMail bug not related to Konqueror. Frank78ac
- bug #149918 - Page keeps on randomly timing outfor me, even in firefox, so cannot test.
- bug #149771 - I have no idea what dev and reporter are talking about, so cannot test.
- bug #149625 - I do not know enough about KDE programming to create a testcase
bug #151360 - Anyone knowing anything about XMLHTTPRequest.status?
bug #150646 - a video showing the problem is available, however I'm unable to test it. Talavis
bug #104423 - no idea how to reproduce this bug?!?! Grundleborg