! Group # !! No of bugs !! Query !! IRC Nickname !! Status
! Group # !! No of bugs !! Query !! IRC Nickname !! Status
| Group 1 || 20 || https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=kontact&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=grave&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=crash&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=minor&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=2000-01-01&chfieldto=2005-05-23&chfield=%5BBug+creation%5D&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=%255BBug+creation%255D&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0= || || ||
| Group 1 || 20 || https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=kontact&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=grave&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=crash&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=minor&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=2000-01-01&chfieldto=2005-05-23&chfield=%5BBug+creation%5D&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=%255BBug+creation%255D&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=|| || ||
| || |
Revision as of 21:42, 27 September 2008
The goal of this bug-day is to check for: simple step-by-step instructions, reproducibility, and most of all, come up with test-cases for reproducing the bugs. This will enable the KDE Pim developers to deal with bugs more easily, and so have more time left to actually fix them. When you have added either a test-case or step-by-step instructions for the reproduction of a bug, please list it in the appropriate section below, so that a second triager can see if they can get your instructions/test-case to work correctly. This page provides an excellent explanation of how to create a test-case. This page also has useful information on how to not mis-mark bugs. In particular, "duplicates are hard". KDE Pim doesn't have as many duplicates as some applications, and we don't want to claim things are duplicates when they aren't. So do not look too hard for them, and make sure to double check them with someone else, preferably one of the developers before marking/closing.We especially don't want to create more work for developers!
Be sure to join #kde-bugs on irc.freenode.net, as this is where the bug-day will be coordinated. (You can even join now!)
You should either be working with KDE Pim from KDE 4 (either 4.1 or newer is best or SVN trunk) for testing these bugs.
If you come across a bug with a testcase in the text, put it under the testcase section. If it isn't marked "testcase" in the title, make a note of that. Check that the testcase works! (And doesn't work!)
Most importantly, we need to create testcases. These are time-consuming, but extremely useful and really help out developers.
If something has no clear instructions on how to reproduce it, or has little useful information, add a comment asking the reporter for more detail. Then list it in the bugs awaiting feedback section. Be polite, we want to be nice to our bug reporters!
Is it a big bug?
Prioritizing is good. If a major website doesn't work, that is important.
Let's keep track of them.
Keep an eye on what the "Version:" fields say in Bugzilla. If it says "unspecified", it won't show up in developer's searches for 4.0 bugs! If the bug is not reproducable in KDE4, change the version field to match what the other one says, i.e. to match version the bug was first reported in. If the bug is reproducable, change the version field to the newest version of KDE that the bug is reproducable (be explicit as to what version of 4 you are using, mentioning whether it is a source build or which distro the packages come from). If you don't have bugzilla permissions to change the version field, mark it below that it needs version field change.
|This policy here is different from the one that we used to triage konqueror. In konqueror we still do not update version fields to the latest version. This only applies for kmail.|
Please list bugs here to get a second opinion before making the change in bugzilla. This also gives a record of what we've done for the developers to check.
Add the triaged keyword
All bugs that you investigate during the bug day, whether they appear on this page or not, should have the keyword triaged added to them. If you don't have bugzilla permissions, list all bugs needing that keyword added in the Bugs to be marked as triaged section below, even if you have already added them to another section of this page.
Keep this page updated!
After adding triaged bugs on this page, you should keep an eye on their bugzilla status. Add yourself on the CC field in bugzilla to be informed about updates. When a bug is closed on bugzilla, it should be updated on this page.
You can do this with the tag <s>...</s>
Add your comments even on bugzilla for a more complete feedback by users and developers. When you comment on bugzilla, be sure to include the version of KDE you tested on (revision number and trunk/branch if it's SVN).
Please select a period of bugs from the Division of Labour section below and mark your name next to it and mark it with your irc nickname to show that you are working on it. When you have completed all the bugs in that section, please mark it as complete.
For each bug, try and reproduce it as described in the report. Then list it in the appropriate section below. If you wish to close or mark as duplicate a bug, please list it here even if you have the bugzilla permissions to do so, in order to get a second opinion from another triager. This will help to reduce the number of incorrect actions taken on bugs.
Tell developers what you are testing with. (If you expect to upgrade between now and BugDay, put what version you are using now next to the bugs/comments that you put on this page.)
Please give distro/version or SVN branch/trunk with revision below:
|| KDE version used for testing
||svn trunk r795406
|Please be sure to sign every bug or comment you add to this page with your irc nickname. You can use the wiki markup ~~~ to insert your wiki username automatically (but only do this if it is the same as your IRC nickname, otherwise write your IRC nickname in by hand).|
Division of Labour
Please choose a month that is not already taken and then use the bugs.kde.org query in the table to search for the bugs. Please mark you irc nickname in the table below to show which month's bugs you are working on to avoid duplication of effort.
| Period of time / month
|| No of bugs
|| IRC Nickname
| REMOVE ME!!! 2008-03 - now
(Total bugs XXX)
| Period of time / month
|| No of bugs
|| IRC Nickname
| REMOVE ME!!! 2008-03 - now
(Total bugs XXX)
(Total bugs XXX)
Below lists the various sections for completed bugs. This aids everyone in double checking each other's work. In addition this allows those of us that don't have bugzilla permissions to list bugs so that the folks with the permissions can follow up.
The remainder of the page is separated into sub-pages to reduce edit conflicts. The best way to work with this is to enable section editing by going to "My preferences" > "editing" > "Enable section editing via  links". When you click edit you will automatically edit the subpage.
If a bug is still present in current KMail and does not fit into any of the categories below, there is no need to list it on this page. You should, however, add the Keyword "triaged" to it in bugs.kde.org.
Bugs to be marked as TRIAGED
Bugs that need the triaged keyword adding to them should be listed here even if they are already in another section of this page. This is a convenience for people who do not yet have bugs.kde.org permissions.
Bugs no longer present in 4.x
If a bug is reported against a version of KDE before 4.0, but the bug can no longer be reproduced in KDE 4.x, then it should be listed here. Please do not close the bug. The KDE PIM developers would like to check each one before they are closed.
- bug #114779 - kontact prefereces window has unchangeable huge size when time/date . Can't reproduce on svn trunk r867544. timocin
- bug #161445 - Exporting events as html yields wrong order (not chronological). Can't reproduce on trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #161648 - Strange display of multi-day events in monthview. No longer reproducible on trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #162007 - Copying recurring events using copy/paste creates new recurring events. No longer reproducible on trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #78996 Fixed. The treeview in the config dialog displays all text and there is no splitter. -- NEEDS version field change, but there is no version info available. gkiagia
- bug #158511 - Can't select events without previously selecting a free time slice. No longer reproducible on trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #159060 - Moved/copied events end up at the wrong time. Can't reproduce on trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #156487 - Defaults from settings are not used for new events. Not reproducible on r865573. Lemma
- bug #156590 - Events in resources use the resource instead of the default colour. Not reproducible on r865573 as resource colours can be disabled. Lemma
- bug #157228 - Timezones in korganizer. Both events render at the same time of day. Not reproducible in r865573. Lemma
- bug #157268 - Events disappearing on changing date. Not reproducible in r865573. Lemma
- bug #157779 - To-dos not appearing if their name is all lowercase. Not reproducible in r865573. Lemma
- bug #87029 -
My Kontact is broken, the sidebar is completely empty. Wargh. JontheEchidna Removing the default resource in kaddressbook, recreates it when restarting. No longer reproducible in r865573. Lemma
- bug #75087 - Closing korganizer works right even using remote calendars. FiNeX
- bug #171618 - Calendar reminder box 'Edit' button does nothing. Allready fixed in svn trunk r865658. timocin
- bug #152085 - korganizer too big for 800x600, can't reproduce on trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #152358 - day in dayview sometimes printed twice. can't reproduce on trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #152381 - events in the view only updated on changing the view (after editing them). can't reproduce on trunk r865573, probably even a duplicate. Lemma
- bug #153358 - korganizer crashes for calendars prior to Octover 1952. can't reproduce on trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #97286 I can't reproduce. The "what's this" button always stays in place. gkiagia
- bug #158220 -
crash with imported bugzilla ics file. Can't reproduce on trunk r865573 but I'm on bugzilla 3.x, not 2.x as mentioned in the bug. Asked reporter to retry. Problem is no longer there. Lemma
- bug #97371 I think it is safe to close this, although from the users POV, the notes label text is not aligned correctly (but in fact everything is aligned in the center) gkiagia
- bug #125014 katastrophe
bug #126092 - after printing the calendar, it is impossible to change paper orientation when printing mail. Can't reproduceable on svn trunk r867544. timocin
bug #126092 - kmail maximizes window outside visible screen area. Work fine on r867544. timocin
bug #117141 - kontact summary is not updated on new mails. Can't reproduce on svn trunk r867544. timocin
bug #158612 - Long disk access on entering a new event. Reporter said it was resolved for him. Lemma WORKSFORME
bug #73295 - Cannot reproduce, different DPI font size tested, korganizer is displayed right. FiNeX
bug #99518 - Calendar resources save policy now seems to be much better than the old one on KDE3 . FiNeX
bug #99649 - sending/receiving events between korganizer doesn't duplicate entries. FiNeX
bug #104362 - Cannot reproduce crash (accessing with two kmail on the sam IMAP doesn't make kontact crash on the korganizer part). FiNeX
bug #101038 - sending/receiving events works between kmail/korganizer on trunk. FiNeX
bug #77090 - Font can be configured inside korganizer, not a problem. FiNeX
bug #102028 I hope I tested this right... If I did, this is not reproducable. gkiagia The reporter closed it and confirmed that my test procedure was correct. gkiagia
Bugs needing version field changed
Bugs should be listed here if their version field is invalid (i.e. it is listed as "unspecified") or they are still present in KDE 4, so that the version field can be corrected. The version should be set to the newest version of KDE that the bug is reproducable, or to the version it was reported if it is listed as "unspecified" and it's not reproducable.
If a bug fits another category, put it there and add the notation that the version field needs changing.
|This policy here is different from the one that we used to triage konqueror. In konqueror we still do not update version fields to the latest version. This only applies for KDE PIM.|
Bugs with test-cases Added
Bugs that have had a test case (an example of how to reproduce the bug) added should be entered below.
- bug #156757 - [Testcase] Recurring event from imported .ics doesn't show. Lemma
- bug #64342 - Importing ics with different timezone could have some problems. FiNeX
Bugs with step-by-step instructions
If you have provided step by step instructions on how to reproduce a bug, please list the bug here.
- bug #160260 - crash, printing journals. still reproducible in trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #160741 - remote calendar on WebDAV server, no content-type set in PUT request, still reproducible in trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #160801 - moving single events of a recurring event makes other events vanish. reproducible in trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #161647 - On selecting a multi-day event in weekview, only the portion in the day that has been clicked on gets highlighed. Reproducible on trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #158882 - Disable asking to send mail for ToDos with attendees. Reproducible on trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #158921 - Recurring events on the 29th of February. Still reproducible on trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #159139 - file:/// and #anchor stripped from attached URLs in korganizer. Still reproducible on trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #154961 - No way to figure out which days have journal entries. Still reproducible on r865573. Lemma
- bug #158220 - To-dos ending at 0:00 aren't visible in the calendar, switch days/views to get this behaviour. Still reproducible in r865573. Lemma
- bug #158468 - Double-clicking a recurring event and modifying its time should ask if all occurrences or just this single one should be modified. Still reproducible in r865573. Lemma
- bug #65827 - UK / Scotland / North Ireland holidays are not the same. FiNeX
- bug #170460 - Switching between different pim apps in kontact uses different window sizes for each one. Doesn't save for the next one. Confirmed it in 4.1.1 and trunk. I set it to NEW and updated version field. sahaqiel
- bug #153740 - Deleting a category with subcategories on 3 levels crashes korganizer. Still reproducible in trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #98812 - Recurring TO-DO "% completed" not indipendent each other. FiNeX
- bug #100320 - confirmed: private/confidential birthdays are always exported on html calendar. FiNeX
- bug #42899 - bug still present in KDE4, repeated events wich ends on midnight are displayed only in current week. FiNeX
- bug #115402 - the categories list is not refreshed. --Jtamate 15:10, 29 September 2008 (CEST)
- bug #126662 - the ? character ends abruptly the exported filename. --Jtamate 15:10, 29 September 2008 (CEST)
- bug #118289 - JJ: The BDAY without 00:00:00 time. --Jtamate 15:10, 29 September 2008 (CEST)
- bug #121436 - Multiline export/import does not respect "de facto" csv format for multilne import. --Jtamate 15:10, 29 September 2008 (CEST)
- bug #118412 - showing the edit contact makes save/reload. --Jtamate 15:10, 29 September 2008 (CEST)
- bug #105525 Still there. XMLGUI bug. Step-by-step instructions added. gkiagia
- bug #123960 still there katastrophe
- bug #124828 still there, but the recurrence stuff is horribly broken, probably every bug regarding that is the same katastrophe
Bugs that are reproducible but don't fit the categories above
Bugs that are reproducible but don't fit in the "testcase" or "step-by-step instruction" categories can be listed here. This is usually aplicable for smaller issue that are easy to reproduce and therefore doesn't essentially need a testcase or more detailed instructions.
- bug #71408 Reproducable. Apps are not embedded in kontact if they are running externally. gkiagia
- bug #72269 Still reproducable. KMail jumps to the desktop that kontact was started. gkiagia
- bug #135989 Reproducable. Appointments appear and disappear on each synchronization. gkiagia
- bug #80419
Needs somebody with a contact with a German zipcode. JontheEchidna Wrong order of ZIP/City for german locale on printing. Reproducible in 4.1.1. Lemma
- bug #152704 - To-dos in "What's Next" view unclickable. Still reproducible in trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #100093 - Cannot reproduce using ftp protocol on remote calendar, instead using fish I've got a different type of crash (which I reported on another bug report). FiNeX
- bug #153966 - Needs the newexchange resource which currently isn't ready (being replaced).
I asked the reporter if the bug is still reproducible for him. Problem is still reproducible for him - probably KDE3. Lemma
- bug #97371 Partially reproducable (popup notes is not correctly aligned in summary view) but very minor issue. gkiagia
- bug #99709 Reproducable. This was triaged again in the kmail day 1 and jtamate said it was not reproducable, but I can reproduce it now. gkiagia
- bug #74363 Still reproducable. Will be fixed when kmail and korganizer are ported to akonadi. (Maybe close with RESOLVED, LATER ?) gkiagia
- bug #93670 Opening a calendar file externally pops up the todo list part in kontact. Too bad... gkiagia
- bug #66980 That's not fully reproducable but there is still an issue with sizes sometimes. See my comments on the bug. Needs version change too, but I am not sure if I should set this to kontact 1.3. gkiagia
- bug #171613 - akgregator part does not remember configuration. Not reproduceible on trunk r865658. timocin -- I don't agree gkiagia
Bugs to be marked as RESOLVED
Bugs filed against KDE 4 (ie, only very recent ones) that can no longer be reproduced should be listed here. Bugs filed against earlier versions of KDE that can no longer be reproduced should be listed in the section above.
bug #158849 - Allen Winter will close that one as the fix is committed already. Lemma FIXED
- bug #171481 - clicking help button when adding IM address information shows an error message. No longer reproducible on svn trunk r865570. timocin
- bug #171392 - kontact freeze (eating cpu) reading this email. No longer reproducible on svn trunk r865570. timocin
- bug #171502 - Opening kontact config dialog while in the knote part freezes kontact. Not reproducible on svn trunk r865570. timocin
Bugs to be marked as INVALID
Bugs which are no longer valid go here. A link to the bug and why it qualifies as invalid should be provided.
Some examples of when a bug should be closed as INVALID:
- The reported behavior is not a bug
- The bug is completely unrelated to KDE
This list is not exhaustive. If you feel a bug is invalid for any other reason, be sure to list it here, mentioning why you think it is invalid.
bug #110737 - After switching to Kontact Introduction, switching back by clicking on component has no effect. After talking to ereslibre i marked this bug as Invalid. timocin
Bugs to be marked as DUPLICATE
Duplicates found should be placed here with a link to the bug which you think it is a duplicate of.
bug #160850 - crash, printing events. still reproducible in trunk r865573. Probably duplicate of bug #160260. Lemma
- bug #68345 - Seems a dup of bug #64342. FiNeX
- They are similar, but in 64342, the timezone of the application is moved (and also is in solaris), and in 68345 only the appointment is displaced. --Jtamate 15:39, 29 September 2008 (CEST)
Bugs that should be WISHES
Sometimes there are bugs that are actually wishlist items. If you think a bug is not really a bug please put it here.
- bug #158492 - Reporter wants a "Suspend all" button on the reminder form. Definitely a wish. Lemma
- bug #124376 is a wish i think katastrophe
bug #155937 - Various. Bugs mentioned work, remaining wish: Enable typing in the categories line on adding new events. Lemma Lemma
bug #61548 - Changed severity to wish: when moving an event on day/week view, the view should scroll up/down. FiNeX Lemma
Bugs needing users with particular setups
Bugs that require particular software or hardware that you don't have available should be listed here with a description of the non-standard requirement.
- bug #77071 - Outlook needed for testing incoming events (using sendmail). FiNeX
- bug #92814 Requires the root (/) partition to be full. I suspect this bug is still valid, though. gkiagia
- bug #94168 Needs a broken imap server. Would it be possible to check in another way? gkiagia
Non english locales
Bugs requiring non-English locales should be listed here, along with the locale they require.
- bug #153290 - "This day in history" wikipedia plugin, translation issue. Needs any other language than english. Lemma
Bugs needing attention from KDE PIM developers
Add bugs here if you need to find out whether the observed behavior is intended, or if there's some other reason that it would be useful for a KDE PIM developer to take a look. Make sure you indicate why the bug needs attention from them.
|Always bump policy decisions to developers.|
- bug #161181 - korganizer week-view LTR/RTL. There was some conversation and some patches flowing. Not sure about the status. Lemma
- bug #83107 VERY minor issue, maybe a WONTFIX. A developer should decide if this is going to be fixed or not. gkiagia
- bug #158660 - Size of the korganizer reminder dialog, Allen Winter has been on it. low priority Lemma
- bug #156601 - Allen Winter fixed this and asked for reply but didn't receive any. I think it should be WORKSFORME. Lemma
- bug #158491 - User suggests shift+delete on groupware resources should delete irrevocably. I'm not sure about that. Policy? Lemma
- bug #32043 - Bug partially solved, local calendar saved automatically, in case of crash the information are not lost. The error message (when the save operation is not possible due to problems) should be improved. FiNeX
- bug #151827 - Remote file korganizer resource behaviour (use on multiple pcs). Reproducible on trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #93670 Support for opening multiple korganizer windows when korganizer is embedded in kontact. Policy stuff... IMHO, this should be changed to wishlist, wontfix. gkiagia
bug #102224 - Probably this is a window manager issue, not a korganizer one. Isn't it? FiNeX
If a bug causes a problem that is likely to affect a large number of users, please list it here.
Bugs awaiting feedback
|NB. Feedback should only be requested for bugs if you have tried and failed to reproduce them or if the report contains insufficient information to try and reproduce the bug. Requesting feedback for a bug should be seen as a last resort only.|
bug #160607 - different times showing up with the same .ics file on different computers. Couldn't reproduce and asked the reporter to provide a sample file and recheck his settings. Lemma
bug #161501 - needs the old ical (tcl) utility. As I didn't get that to compile I asked the reporter if the problem still exists. Lemma
bug #159395 - crash, but no good way of reproducing it (backtraces though). Asked for step-by-step. Lemma
bug #157259 - Random crashes on changing the selected day - reported on some pre-release of 4.x. Asked if it was still reproducible, probably WORKSFORME. Lemma
bug #158384 - Strange crash of X when opening an event. Asked if it's still reproducible. Lemma
- <s>bug #153996 - Reporter gets 2 appointments when adding a new one. I never saw something like this and asked him to try and reproduce on a recent version. Was not a bug but a misconfiguration. INVALID Lemma</s>
bug #100685 - Waiting feedback. FiNeX
bug #100424 - Waiting feedback. FiNeX
bug #100277 - Waiting feedback. FiNeX
bug #101139 - korganizer title rendering works right, requested feedback. FiNeX
bug #103595 - Few information, bug not reproducible, maybe it is better to close it. Waiting for feedback. FiNeX
bug #103060 - Few information, bug not reproducible, maybe it is better to close it. Waiting for feedback. FiNeX
bug #102176 - The bug seems not reproducible, anyway I've asked a feedback to the reporter. FiNeX
bug #84436 - korganizer doesn't fit well on 640x480. Is this invalid? FiNeX
If a bug is miscategorised and is not actually related to the KDE PIM applications triaged, please list it here.
Bugs that you can't do
If you have bugs in your batch that you can't do, and no-one has been able to help you with on IRC, please list them here for someone else to have a look at.
- bug #160815 - Sending email using kmail doesn't currently work for me. trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #158881 - On selecting attendees contacts appear twice. I currently can't choose any attendees as my list doesn't show any. Lemma
- bug #159822 - Reminders for To-Do items. I don't get reminders for To-Dos at all. Lemma
- bug #78803 - I don't know how I could reproduce it. Maybe Lemma knows something about "korganizerIn" script :-) . FiNeX
- bug #151925 - Sending appointment by email currently doesn't work for me. Regression? trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #151951 - newexchange resource is gone, akonadi openchange is not there yet. Lemma
- bug #152567 - Holidays aren't coloured like weekends. I couldn't figure out how to declare a day a holiday... Lemma
- bug #152924 - Sending appointment by email currently doesn't work for me. trunk r865573. Lemma
- bug #101027 I don't know what to do with this. I tried loading that attached file but I don't understand what I should look for. gkiagia