Application specific tips
any application specific tips go here.
katastrophe 14:41, 8 June 2008 (CEST) attention: some things behave differently if you use kaddressbook embedded in kontact or as standalone, i tested embedded in kontact
Please put your IRC nickname and KDE PIM svn revision number in the table if you are testing this app.
|| KDE PIM svn revision number tested.
|| Testing details
||svn trunk r803492
|| not tested yet
||svn trunk r811887
||svn trunk r818585
||svn trunk r818311
|| 4.0.74 debian exp
Please list all bugs found in the application below here. Remember to sign every comment you write on this wiki page with ~~~.
Jtamate The configuration page is much wider (and not resizeable) than 800 px.
- Jtamate The configuration page crashes for me when clicking in the customized pages.
- Jtamate When selecting view|contacts editor, the application is greater than 800x600 px, therefore I can not see the OK button nor the other buttons.
- When viewing a contact with a photo, the aspect ratio is not right. KAB resizes the image at fixed dimensions regardless of the original ratio. -- gemegik
- Menu item "help > about kaddressbook" change icon when hovering. -- gemegik, Med
- Krop Default icon for contacts is stretched vertically http://tinyurl.com/55c3bk
katastrophe 12:49, 8 June 2008 (CEST) if you add several telephone numbers with the "add" button, the buttons and editboxes become very thin
- katastrophe 14:06, 8 June 2008 (CEST) edit contact window, custom fields pane: several buttons have no keyboard accelerators (add for telephone numbers and edit im addresses)
- katastrophe 14:10, 8 June 2008 (CEST) the highlight of the current selected contact in the contacts field is not oxygen style
- katastrophe 14:14, 8 June 2008 (CEST) the creation of distribution lists is not undone
katastrophe 14:14, 8 June 2008 (CEST) crash if you make a new distribution list and change its name, then click ok
- katastrophe 14:23, 8 June 2008 (CEST) in the shortcut settings the "new contact" shortcut appears 2 times
- katastrophe 14:23, 8 June 2008 (CEST) if you edit a contacts information and then press ok or delete a distribution list for example, the current selected contact is deselected is deselected one second later
- katastrophe 14:37, 8 June 2008 (CEST) if you cut a contact, you cant paste it
katastrophe 14:37, 8 June 2008 (CEST) edit im addresses... : if you add the first im address in the "edit instant messaging address" window, the edit, remove and set standard buttons are grayed out
katastrophe 15:19, 8 June 2008 (CEST) crash if you select in the search field an item thats not set for any contact i cant reproduce it anymore
- katastrophe 21:50, 8 June 2008 (CEST) if you enable the "contact editor" the "jump pane" is not shown anymore but you can enable/disable it, could be confusing
- xvalentinex 16:42, 8 June 2008 (MST) when applying an LDAP look up address the distribution lists and address books boxes on main window disappear until restart.
- xvalentinex 17:09, 8 June 2008 (MST) when importing an LDIF it seems to use sn: and cn: to create duplicate accounts, and ignores other data. Sample ldif
- dn: cn=John Smith,firstname.lastname@example.org
- objectclass: top
- objectclass: person
- objectclass: organizationalPerson
- objectclass: inetOrgPerson
- objectclass: mozillaAbPersonObsolete
- cn: John Smith
- mail: email@example.com
- givenName: John
- sn: Smith
- cellPhone: 2225551235
- mobile: 1115551234
- xvalentinex 17:20, 8 June 2008 (MST) when importing from csv, where you are presented with drop downs to label each column. When scrolling horizontally the data will scroll, but the drop down labels won't.
- xvalnetinex 17:38, 8 June 2008 (MST) adding of akonadi address book does not seem to work
- xvalnetinex 17:47, 8 June 2008 (MST) remote address books should have automatic reload/save options, like Korganizer remote file.