Although KDE is currently using SVN, we're working on moving to git. Also, a growing number of developers are using git-svn to contribute to KDE.
There are many resources available for learning about Git; the techbase pages below provide a kde-specific introduction, based on the most common tasks. After those links is a list of external documentation we've found useful.
Note: these pages are not complete. help would be appreciated. :) The idea is to provide information in more of a 'recipe' style than 'tutorial': first provide simple commands that people can use Right Now for straightforward tasks, then links to other pages or external git documentation for the tricky things.
- Using kde-qt (done)
- Using git-svn with kde's svn (needs cleanup)
- Accessing KDE projects on gitorious (10% done)
- Basic git commands (greeneg)
- things to avoid / best practices (10% done)
- Taking advantage of git's features (20% done)
- useful recipes
If you want to learn more about git, see the following resources: