KDE4 HIG Questions and Requests
Developer, please use this page to add questions and requests about the KDE4 Human Interface Guidelines (HIG)
- Please list questions about the KDE4 HIG here
- Also include your name/IRC nick/email if you want to be contacted for follow up questions
- Be as specific as possible and include a screenshot if applicable. This email on the kde-usability mailing list is a good example of a HIG question/request.
- Which buttons have icons and when should we use/not use icons on buttons?
- The growth policy: are widgets supposed to grow and take all the available (horizontal) space, even in case of widgets that don't have a size policy for expanding?
- Should the horizontal alignment of the layout be left- or center-? (eg: sample screenshot)
- Some musing about Standard Shortcuts
- Remove or Delete for a button label?
- Order of Add Copy Remove/Delete in forms
- Options or Settings for a label?
- Reorder buttons (Move up down top bottom), icons, icons with text, or buttons with text labels?
- Listviews: http://ktown.kde.org/~fredrik/listviews/
- Visual style of notes/instructions in System Setting modules (Screenshot)
- when should tooltips be used? when is it too annoying and should be replaced by a "whats this?" function?
- Will the HIG specify a standard format and functions for the status bar?--JRT 03:02, 17 June 2008 (CEST)
- Will the HIG specify a minimum set of Zoom & View functions and specify which of these should be on the status bar and which should be in the Menu &/| Toolbars?--JRT 03:02, 17 June 2008 (CEST)