If you found an area that was unclear or is not even covered in our HIG, tell us about it. We can be reached on the kde-guidelines mailing-list.
Following is a set of guidelines to ensure the HIG itself is consistent.
- Use the word Control, not Widget to refer to a user interface element. Rationale: "Control" is more widespread outside the UNIX community. It is also reasonable to expect more and more applications will be written using QtQuick and QtQuick controls in the future.
- Use check box and combo box, not checkbox or combobox.
- Figure out what to do of the legacy stuff (at the bottom of the page)
Recommendation should be checked
Check against recommendation.
Choose between either:
- In any other case, use the dual-list pattern because it allows users to easily see which items are selected at any point, without having to scroll through the available options
- Use a list box for multiple selections with more than five options.
Get a new type of check boxes for list views implemented: KCheckBoxes:
- KCB are flat (no frame, no shadow, no bevel) for clear differentiation from normal check boxes.
- KCB are hidden by default, that means when no list item is selected.
- KCB have a fade-in effect on mouse over to introduce themselves to users.
- KCB are transparent and therby clearly part of the list item.
- Legacy keyboard use applies to KCB as well. Thus, the whole item can be clicked to toggle option.
- Add inline examples of do and don't
- Redo screenshots using Designer
Fix missing page: list
- Refresh page: it is copied from GNOME guidelines and contains references to figures we do not have
- Finish it (currently marked "Under Construction")
- Use Options for a configuration dialog which provide.: Ask Celeste what she meant to add after provide.
- Pick one of KDateComboBox and KDateWidget or provide guidelines explaining when to use one or the other
- Review the dropdown of KDateComboBox: it is probably too big
- What happens if when SSB gets the focus?
- Do we want to encourage the use of combined control?
- In which case should the simple slider be favored?
- Split in two pages: line edits and text edits
Split in two pages: drop-down and combobox