Notes from meeting 9 July 2009
The basic aim of project silk is to deeply integrate online content into the
desktop user experience.
This will be a library containing utility classes for integrating online
content and services into KDE. Here are some ideas of things it could contain:
- MediaWiki Query class
- WebSlice widget
- Web identity configuration manager
- Controls the settings for microblogging, blogging, facebook, google.
- SOAP API (useful for corporate web apis)
- Bookmark access (via akonadi)
- Web page thumbnailer
- Web page meta data API (with previews)
- Web page nepomuk integration
- Base class for implementing REST apis with site-specific implementations
- Wikipedia krunner
- Monitor webpages + change notifications
What the user gets
- Public transport
- Online news
- Online shopping (Amazon API)
- Geoweb: Where are we?
- What's here? Categories: Culture, shopping, food and drink, friends near here, weather forecast, public transport, translation, wikitravel, localphone, ATM, hotels (with booking), local phone numbers (taxi, police,
doctors, tourist info_, sports (passive, active), social activities (local
church, etc.) nearby internet access.
- Food support could know of dietry requirements
- Local translations
- All this with the ability to feedback
- I'm going to visit XYZ, cache me all the data I need and create a printable overview.
- Mobile phone tarrifs, dialing prefixes
- Local prices - what does hotel, food, travel etc. cost here?
- libocs (my location, nearby etc.)
- CIA world fact book