|If you clear a task, please write "Completed" near it. If you are still working on it, please put your name. Percentage of the work done is accepted.|
If you want to claim a task, please put your name (or nickname, both is better) in brackets near the task you wish to claim. Please add it when you start working on it, and if you stop, please remove it, so we can know "who is working on what" and what tasks still needs to be started.
And, of course, this will avoid duplication of work. Thanks a lot! =)
|This is a roughly sorted list of tasks that popped out during the meeting. We probably need to categorize it better, like seeing which task is blocker for which other, setting priority, split between "research" and "coding" and things like that. Still sounds like a premature thing though.|
- pull in options from kdesktop/minicli.cpp and merge into shell and app runners
- ServiceRunner: better matching (case insensitivity, substring matching, performance, etc)
- SessionRunner: connect QActions up, show users and sessions, etc
- ShellRunner: parse the command line better so one can enter things like "ls -lR" and it will still know to activate
- CalculatorRunner: complete (Baris)
- Search Runner: use strigi
- listen to async match updates (Interface:updateMatches())
- determine how to order runner plugins for searching; categorization?
- runners, runners and more runners! e.g. a kalkhi plugin...?
- abstract out the svg background part of Interface and have it subclass QDialog; then make screensaver/lock dialogs subclass that and therefore look a bit more sexy and consistent (Baris)
- options slide drawer animation
This is what we are focusing on implementing right now:
- RootWidget (the "desktop")
- Controls box: an expand-on-mouse-over widget that sits on top of the graphicsview and provides discoverable access to zooming, jumping, configuration, adding of elements, locking ...? Perhaps raptor could come into play here? (Matt Williams, milliams)
- Desktop class (QGrahpicsView subclass):
- Implement configurable background painting. This can in part be ported from kdesktop.
- Implement the zooming of objects.
- Implement the grouping of objects in collections (with special containers).
- Saving and loading of layouts
- Configuration parameters for engines
We also have:
- Implement Zack's physical equations for animations
Nice to have:
- Implement python bindings of Plasma