Meet the Akonadi and KDE PIM team at GCDS/Akademy 2009 :)
Meeting / BoF
General planning meeting: 08th July, 18:00 at the beach.
Smaller meetings about the technical details during the following days, details TBA.
Please add your stuff here:
- Review and merge PostgreSQL and Sqlite patches for the Akonadi server
- Discuss KNode port to new message view
- Review (also API review) and discuss the state of the various GSoC projects
- Filtering System
- Akonadi-based mail sending
- ResourceBase::Transport (merge?)
- Evaluate state of KContactManager to replace KAddressBook
- Branch planning regarding KMail and KOrganizer porting
- Find a solution for the single-file resource (ical, mbox, etc) bugs with file watching detecting their own changes
Plan for 4.4
- Replace KAddressBook with KContactManager and rename that back to KAddressBook (to be done soonish)
- Merge all work back from akonadi-ports branch soonish, with the following two exceptions
- KMail: Porting should happen in the akonadi-ports branch until it's done, which will likely be for 4.5
- KOrganizer: Similar to KMail, as long as we are doing intrusive changes in there it should stay in the branch.
- Frank will take care of merging the Akregator port
- The filtering framework will continue to be developed in playground until it's done
- The mail transport agent will be merged into trunk soonish, after review of the corresponding changes in kdepimlibs.