Gwenview User Research Profile
Gwenview makes it easy to quickly view an image, browse your picture folders and perform simple image manipulations.
Who is the application for?
- "Single shot users" (suggestion for a better term?): users who want to quickly view an image from a website or an email.
- Occasional photographers
Who is the application not for
- Professional photographers
- Digital artists
Sample User Profiles
User Profile 1: For each group of users identified (or primary groups, or particularly special groups if many groups are defined), write a description of that user's characteristics based on a real user you know.
What kinds of tasks will they complete
- Browse images organized in folders
- Import images from a digital camera
- Perform basic manipulations:
- red eye reduction
- adjusting brightness and contrast (providing a "magic" button would be nice)
- View image in fullscreen and start a slideshow
- Print one or several images at a time
- Start an external image editor for more advanced image manipulations
(What kinds of functionality will the application not support)
- Advanced image edition
- Support for 16 bit pictures
Sample Use Scenarios and Cases
Use Scenario 1: For each task identified (or major tasks, or particularly special tasks if many tasks are defined), write a description of how that user would accomplish the task independent of how they would complete it within the application.
Use Case 1: If a use scenario has been implemented, include a matching use case which describes how the task use scenario can be completed in the application. There may be branching or multiple ways to complete the task, and this is a good way to document it.
Environment Conditions & Requirements
- List of environmental conditions for the user or the application to consider
- For example, an Internet-capable application would require an Internet connection