This bug day will take place on Sunday, July 20th 2008, but feel free to start early. The aim of this bug day is to clear out as many Kopete bugs as possible. We are continuing from where we left off after the first Kopete bug day, two weekends ago. Our target for triage is bugs listed in bugs.kde.org under the product Kopete.
Be sure to join #kde-bugs on irc.freenode.net, as this is where the bug-day will be coordinated. (You can even join now!)
You should be working with a KDE 4 version of Kopete, ideally from svn trunk or a beta or more recent version of KDE 4.1.
- Always remember the golden rule of bug triage: Do NOT close bugs in bugzilla. List them on this wiki page in the appropriate section so they can be double checked before being closed in the bug tracker.
- First of all, put your IRC nickname in the sign-in section, along with details of what version of KDE / Kopete you are testing with. Be as specific as possible.
- Choose a group of bugs the division of labour section. Put your IRC nickname in the IRC Nickname column, and remember to keep the Status column up to date as you work through the group of bugs. There is a link provided in the Query column which will take you to the list of bugs in that group on bugzilla.
- For each bug in the list, you should try and reproduce it using the information provided in the bug report.
- If you are able to reproduce the bug, add a comment on bugzilla saying what version of Kopete/KDE you are running and that you managed to reproduce the bug. Then add it to the Bugs still present in KDE 4 section.
- If the bug report is not clear or does not provide enough information to reproduce the bug, leave a note asking politely for the information you would need to be able to try and reproduce the bug, and add it to the Bugs needing more information section.
- There are several other categories below which bugs might fall into. Please look at them for details about when bugs should be put there.
|If you are unsure about what to do with a bug, please ask on the IRC channel, and someone will help you.|
|Always write your IRC nickname after each comment on this page. If your techbase username is the same as your IRC nickname, you can do this quickly by typing ~~~|
Tell developers what you are testing with. (If you expect to upgrade between now and BugDay, put what version you are using now next to the bugs/comments that you put on this page.)
Please give distro/version or SVN branch/trunk with revision below:
|Please be sure to sign every bug or comment you add to this page with your irc nickname. You can use the wiki markup ~~~ to insert your wiki username automatically (but only do this if it is the same as your IRC nickname, otherwise write your IRC nickname in by hand).|
Division of Labour
(Total bugs 176)
Below lists the various sections for completed bugs. This aids everyone in double checking each other's work. In addition this allows those of us that don't have bugzilla permissions to list bugs so that the folks with the permissions can follow up.
Please note that this is an experimental layout designed to reduce the number of edit conflicts on this page. Each section is its own subpage. The best way to work with this is to enable section editing by going to "My preferences" > "editing" > "Enable section editing via  links". When you click edit you will automatically edit the subpage.
Bugs still present in KDE 4
If a bug is still present in the KDE4 version of Kopete, list it here.
- bug #166053 This UI issue makes the contact list look bad. Even compared to the KDE 3 kopete, it looks ugly. Should be trivial enough to fix :) zegenie
- bug #147092 While the file itself is transfered, sandsmark kopete crashed while it finished the filetransfer from his jabber account to mine. Not really sure if this is a jabber issue or not, see bug below. brot
- bug #162760 Kopete seems to crash after finishing the filetransfer, but not always reproducable. Also, may be a genereal bug, not protocoll related sandsmark
- bug #144750 Added informations to the bug itself, joining MUC from the gmail jabber account works with psi, so should be a valid bug brot
- bug #141513 While sandsmark sees the newly set avatar, i dont see it. Closing the chatwindow and reapplying the style doesnt help, kopete needs to be restarted. brot
- bug #160361 Length of the password set by windows live (kopete doesnt seem to offer password changing for msn) is limited to 16 characters, and kopete allows to enter more than that while login, so maybe it fails because of that. Should be an easy to fix bug if thats the problem :) brot
- bug #147691 Text formatting is reset when you clear your input field, which should not be the case as you *set* the color and font, otherwise that setting shouldnt be called "set default ..." brot
- bug #155850 Partially confirmed. There is actually only one checkbox whose settings are not saved gkiagia
- bug #165568 Confirmed. Although kopete is set up to not show empty groups, empty groups are shown with the steps described in the bug report ataraxis
- bug #164708 Confirmed. Reproduced crash by creating new meta contact. Kopete crashes on closing. Additional backtrace added. dtritscher
- bug #166385 Confirmed. Smiley Preview Area needs to be erased before showing next smiley. ataraxis
- bug #155824 Confirmed. Impossible to change account's color. lirq
- earthwings set that to NEW Brot
- bug #160546 Indeed, kopete crashes when viewing the statistics of a just added msn user brot
- bug #141513 Avatar updates sometimes take some time, the partner you are chatting with normally sees the update quite fast, while you have to restart to see your new avatar brot
- bug #134253 Partially confirmed. If the "hide offline contacts" option is enabled, the bug appears. gkiagia
bug #167113 That's a new one, not anyone on irc is able to reproduce though (I discovered it while trying to reproduce plugin-related bugs) gkiagia
- bug #155541 I can confirm that kopete svn r835840 crashes while trying to register a new gadu gadu account brot
- bug #155541 ~ I also can confirm the above bug on Mandriva Cooker KDE 4.0.98 (RPM Packages) ~ TSK
- bug #161699 Partially confirmed. The behaviour differs somehow from the original bug (it is better now) but there are still problems. gkiagia
- bug #123939 I am not really sure what the reporter means, but I think I can reproduce (see my attachment on bugzilla) gkiagia
- bug #163531 Bug confirmed, and also got the debug messages for that behaviour Brot
- bug #160744 Moved here from "Bugs no longer present". Confirmed with enabled statistics plugin, backtrace added. dtritscher
- bug #165627 Can't reproduce with KDE 4.0.83 under Win2003 dtritscher
- I can reproduce that with windowsxp. a good test is firefox opened maximized and then click on the "view" thing. Brot
- bug #162374 Works correctly in KDE 4.0.99 ataraxis
- Bug changed but got actually worse/may also be a kwin focus stealing prevention bug Brot
Bugs no longer present in KDE 4
Bugs that cannot be reproduced in the KDE 4 version of Kopete should be listed here.
bug #140238 Can't reproduce that bug in 4.1 RC1 dtritscher
bug #143903 Can't reproduce that bug in 4.1 RC1 dtritscher
- REOPENED and moved to the above section, bug exists gkiagia
bug #146102 Text input box now adjusts correctly to color scheme in 4.1 RC1 dtritscher
- bug #146889 Can't reproduce that bug in 4.1 RC1 dtritscher
bug #146102 Can't reproduce bug with kopete trunk, so should be fixed dtritscher
bug #131799 Can't reproduce that bug in 4.0.99 sandsmark
- bug #117989 Can't reproduce that bug in 4.1 RC1 dtritscher
- Requires to be tested by someone with a large contact list and large statistics database... gkiagia
bug #165279 messages are correctly display in KDE 4.0.99 ataraxis
bug #165294 quits correctly in KDE 4.0.99 Suse 11 ataraxis
- RESOLVED/WORKSFORME by someone else ? Brot
bug #165359 Behaviour is correct in KDE 4.0.99 Suse 11 ataraxis
bug #114201 it's about DCOP and doesn't make sense for KDE4 lirq
- RESOLVED/WORKSFORME ( didnt want to close, yet ) Brot
bug #165579 KIO dialog is not shown in KDE 4.0.99 Suse 11 ataraxis
- bug #133779 No problems occured in 4.1 RC1 dtritscher
bug #165640 No nickname corruption in 4.0.99, first point is invalid: left click on nickname is not supposed to do anything, it's used for RMB ataraxis
- bug #122952 Works with kde 4.0.99 and svn trunk r835161, tested with a really huge avatar, and no high cpu usage, so seems to be fixed. brot
bug #165768 Works with kopete svn trunk r835161, no crash even it there are loads of tabs from different networs and some groupchats.brot
- closed as WORKSFORME by the reporter gkiagia
bug #166934 Can't reproduce with KDE 4.1 RC1 dtritscher
bug #165290 Sound plays correctly ataraxis
bug #160547 I can't reproduce with KDE 4.0.99 gkiagia
bug #144069 while the bug itself doesnt exist in svn r835161, fontsetting doesnt work like it should brot
bug #158566 This bug is fixed with KDE 4.0.99 Romanesen
bug #139702 Can't reproduce with KDE 4.0.99 and greek encoding. gkiagia
bug #139498 Can't reproduce with KDE 4.1 RC1. dtritscher
- Made that a wishlist item. It can happen and may be annoying indeed... gkiagia
bug #157231 Can't reproduce in KDE 4.0.99 with password containing @ or . gkiagia
- bug #141524 Can't reproduce with KDE 4.1 RC1 dtritscher
bug #144008 Can't reproduce with KDE 4.1 RC1, additionally initial reporter states that this is most likely no kopete issue dtritscher
- bug #144912 Can't reproduce with KDE 4.1 RC1 dtritscher
bug #137992 Unable to reproduce wit kopete svn r836553 Brot
- bug #147434 Someone look at those multiplying contacts, allthough, no crash with kopete kopete svn r836553, so should be WORKSFORME Brot
bug #160744 Maybe DUP of 147434, and so, too WORKSFORME with kopete kopete svn r836553 Brot
- Could reproduce that, but only with activated statistics plugin - moved to "Bugs still present" dtritscher
bug #128555 Tested with all styles mentioned in initial report and works for me dtritscher
bug #137935 Couldn't confirm with kopete style from Kopete 0.50.80 dtritscher
- Confirmed here.. I made it a wishlist item and moved it in the above section. gkiagia
- bug #140240 Couldn't confirm with kopete style from Kopete 0.50.80 dtritscher
bug #134166 I cannot reproduce with greek. I guess it will work with russian too. gkiagia
- one comment stated that problem also exists with german local but couldn't reproduce. set to WORKSFORME dtritscher
bug #139006 Not reproducable. New lines appear correctly. gkiagia
bug #155780 This is a FIXED kdelibs bug. I think it was fixed by commit 803933 by dfaure. gkiagia
- bug #152204 Cannot confirm this one. It works for the reporter too for later versions. I think it is was a bug in v4l. gkiagia
- bug #149533 Not reproducable but it is similar to bug #147691 which exists. gkiagia
bug #148484 I cannot reproduce this. Messages scroll to the bottom as expected. gkiagia
- bug #161208 Should be marked as WORKSFORME by Dennis.
Bugs needing more information or Awaiting Feedback
If a bug report is not clear or does not provide enough information to reproduce the bug, list it here.
- bug #135419 It's not clear to me how the user could have added contacts to create duplicate address book entries, unless this was a GUI problem that has since been fixed. kwilliam
bug #165643 I think this is kubuntu-specific bug. There is no information on how to reproduce anyway. gkiagia
bug #155957 There is no info on how to reproduce or the circumstances under which it was initially seen, the problem could be anything... (like a simple connection problem to the msn server) gkiagia
bug #159782 There is no info on how to reproduce it, but I think it's a 3.5.8-only issue. gkiagia
- bug #159917 There is no info on how to reproduce it. No clue. msn connects fine for me. gkiagia
- bug #165733 No Idea how to test this, reporter needs to give more information, if this is still an issue. ICQ never had this problem here ataraxis
bug #161024 The crash was filled against msn in kde 4.0.3, but the backtrace shows it is in the yahoo plugin in kde3. The reporter has to clarify. gkiagia
- closed as WORKSFORME by mattr gkiagia
- bug #166753 Bug description unclear and backtrace not very usefull. Possibly duplicate of bug #164708. Can only be clearified with more infos from initial reporter dtritscher
- bug #139949 Not sure what the reporter means. I have already asked him, let's wait for an answer. This is probably a wishlist item, though, not a bug. gkiagia
- bug #152212 No idea how the crash was initially produced. The reporter does not give any info either. gkiagia
bug #144522 No idea how to reproduce that. Asked for more detailed info dtritscher
- initial reporter added more info, but problem is regarding irc support dtritscher
bug #152946 Sounds like Xorg/GPU drivers performance issue. I think we need info about the hardware the reporter uses. Not reproducable here. gkiagia
- WORKSFORME by the reporter (problem solved) gkiagia
bug #162356 No info at all. Bactrace almost useless. Need a proper backtrace from the reporter. The crash is in KHTML. gkiagia
- INVALID. Not reproducable, no reply from reporter since may 20th dtritscher
- bug #157241 Probably a WORKSFORME... but the reporter has to clarify what he really means. gkiagia
- bug #151567 I don't know exactly how to reproduce. gkiagia
Bugs in functionality not yet present in KDE 4
If a bug is reported against a feature that is not yet available in the KDE 4 version of Kopete (e.g. IRC), list it here.
Bugs to be marked as INVALID
If a bug is not valid, please list it here, giving a reason why it is invalid.
Example reasons might include (but are not limited to):
- The bug is not in Kopete.
- The behaviour described in the bug report is not actually a bug.
Bugs to be marked as DUPLICATE
If you find two or more reports that are for the same bug, list them here.
Bugs that require a random event to reproduce
If you can't test for a bug without some random event occurring, list it here, along with the event you need. The first person to notice such an event can take over.
- bug #140394 Needs error message "There was a connection error: Operation is not supported." on jabber protocol dtritscher -- I can confirm that this happens, but of course I cannot reproduce it whenever I want ;) gkiagia.
- I confirm the same error happens to me when i try to connect to my gmail account in jabber after 5 minutes, like the comment #2 . sahaqiel
Bugs needing users with particular setups
If a bug requires a particular hardware or software setup to reproduce that you do not have available, please list if here along with details of its requirements.
Bugs requiring non-English locales
If a bug requires a non-English locale, list it here along with the locale required to test it.
- bug #140261 needs norwegian locale. I cannot reproduce with greek (I notice though that greek names are sorted below latin ones, but I guess this is expected). May be an ex qt bug. gkiagia (Moved here from "bugs requiring particular setups" kwilliam)
Bugs needing attention from Kopete developers
If the issue raised in a bug is a complex one, and it is not obvious whether it is fixed, or is going to be fixed, or the issue is a policy decision, list the bug report here for handling by a Kopete developer.
- bug #147588 Not sure whether this is really a bug report or a more like a feature request dtritscher
- bug #120379 There is no Connection-Status-Plugin in the KDE4 version. But the Autoconnect checkbox seems to work Romanesen
- bug #159229 Is that a bug?? It seems like advice to the developers. gkiagia
- bug #141021 I can confirm the described behaviour, but I'm not sure whether this is really a bug. dtritscher
- bug #124869 I can confirm the problem. E.g. default chat style uses configured base font size, where "Simply Smooth" style does not. But I'm not sure whether this is a bug, or a feature. dtritscher
- bug #113794 There is some slowness in the history viewer, but not when searching. I am not sure if it can be improved or not... gkiagia
- bug #111965 While I can confirm the behaviour described in the report, I'm not sure whether this is really a bug or more a wishlist item dtritscher
- bug #148208 Sounds like the event loop is not run while receiving a message and if receiving takes a long time, it will freeze the ui. Is that possible to reproduce? Or maybe it's not a kopete bug? Not sure... gkiagia
- bug #154027 The reporter says it works now, but for some reason the kopete developers that replied after him did not close the bug. The fact that it was solved seems unrelated to the solution that the reporter gives, probably. I cannot confirm the bug, but still not sure... gkiagia
- bug #156127 I cannot reproduce this, but I think I have seen it before and brot claims he has seen it too... I am not sure what we should do about this. There is no clear way to reproduce. gkiagia
- bug #139307 This is fixed in KDE4, but a worse behavior has replaced it. I've created a new bug to describe the new behavior: bug #167496 kwilliam
- bug #74075 Library stuff. Low level.Blauzahl
Bugs that you can't do
If you are unable to work out what to do with a bug, and you have asked on IRC and not received a response, list the bug here.
- bug #140365 Can't reproduce, as there are no formating options in jabber chat window. Is there some regression or am I simply too stupid to find the option to enable chat formating? dtritscher
- bug #155931 The option mentioned is grayed out and can't be used gkiagia
- bug #157418 I can't reproduce because msn webcam doesn't work at all in kde4 (see bug #161123) gkiagia
- bug #139418 Unable to create the needed debug log dtritscher
- bug #89486 Unable to reproduce in msn because inviting others in a group chat doesn't work. brot tested this with jabber, but jabber multi chat is quite different, I think it should be tested with msn first. gkiagia
- bug #90741 Can't do that because winpopup doesn't work at all. see bug #140142 gkiagia
- bug #131609 I cannot reproduce on a pc without a samba server, but I think winpopup doesn't work at all... see bug #140142 gkiagia