This bug day will take place on Sunday, May 4th 2008, but feel free to start early. The aim of this bug day is to clear as many Konqueror-general bugs as possible. Our target for triage is bugs listed in bugs.kde.org under the product Konqueror, component General.
The goal of this bug-day is to check for: simple step-by-step instructions, reproducibility, and most of all, come up with test-cases for reproducing the bugs. This will enable the Konqueror developers to deal with bugs more easily, and so have more time left to actually fix them. When you have added either a test-case or step-by-step instructions for the reproduction of a bug, please list it in the appropriate section below, so that a second triager can see if they can get your instructions/test-case to work correctly. This page provides an excellent explanation of how to create a test-case. This page also has useful information on how to not mis-mark bugs. In particular, "duplicates are hard". Konqueror doesn't have as many duplicates as some applications, and we don't want to claim things are duplicates when they aren't. So do not look too hard for them, and make sure to double check them with someone else, preferably one of the developers before marking/closing.We especially don't want to create more work for developers!
Be sure to join #kde-bugs on irc.freenode.net, as this is where the bug-day will be coordinated. (You can even join now!)
You should either be working with Konqueror from KDE 4 (either 4.0.3 or newer is best or SVN trunk) for testing these bugs.
|Always make a note on the bug of what the status is in the version you are testing with (be explicit as to what version of 4 you are using, mentioning whether it is a source build and which distro the packages come from).|
If you come across a bug with a testcase in the text, put it under the testcase section. If it isn't marked "testcase" in the title, make a note of that. Check that the testcase works! (And doesn't work!)
Most importantly, we need to create testcases. These are time-consuming, but extremely useful and really help out developers. These are especially important if it is a site that is either a non-Western language or a site you need some sort of account for.
If something has no clear instructions on how to reproduce it, or has little useful information, add a comment asking the reporter for more detail. Then list it in the bugs awaiting feedback section. Be polite, we want to be nice to our bug reporters!
Is it a big bug?
Prioritizing is good. If a major website doesn't work, that is important.
Let's keep track of them.
Keep an eye on what the "Version:" fields say in Bugzilla. If it says "unspecified", change the version field to match what the report says, i.e. to match version the bug was first reported in. Do not change the version number if it is currently set as a number! (ex. from 3.5.2 to 4.0.2)
Please list bugs here to get a second opinion before making the change in bugzilla. This also gives a record of what we've done for the developers to check.
Keep this page updated!
After adding triaged bugs on this page, you should keep an eye on their bugzilla status. Add yourself on the CC field in bugzilla to be informed about updates. When a bug is closed on bugzilla, it should be updated on this page.
You can do this with the tag <s>...</s>
Add your comments even on bugzilla for a more complete feedback by users and developers.
Please select a period of bugs from the Division of Labour section below and mark your name next to it and mark it with your irc nickname to show that you are working on it. When you have completed all the bugs in that section, please mark it as complete.
For each bug, try and reproduce it as described in the report. Then list it in the appropriate section below. If you wish to close or mark as duplicate a bug, please list it here even if you have the bugzilla permissions to do so, in order to get a second opinion from another triager. This will help to reduce the number of incorrect actions taken on bugs.
Tell developers what you are testing with. (If you expect to upgrade between now and BugDay, put what version you are using now next to the bugs/comments that you put on this page.)
Please give distro/version or SVN branch/trunk with revision below:
|Please be sure to sign every bug or comment you add to this page with your irc nickname. You can use the wiki markup ~~~ to insert your wiki username automatically (but only do this if it is the same as your IRC nickname, otherwise write your IRC nickname in by hand).|
Division of Labour
Please choose a month that is not already taken and then query bugs.kde.org for all bugs in that month. Please mark you irc nickname in the table below to show which month's bugs you are working on to avoid duplication of effort.
The bugzilla query to use for this triage day can be found here. Be sure to correct the dates to the month which you will triage before running the query.
|The most recent months (2008+) should be done by people using recent SVN trunk.|
|With these more recent bugs, if the report has been looked at by a developer (i.e. they cc'd themself or commented on it or posted a patch), and it seems like the issue is fixed, BUT the developer didn't close it, make sure the bug really can be closed. Often it can't.|
(Total bugs 1642)
Below lists the various sections for completed bugs. This aids everyone in double checking each other's work. In addition this allows those of us that don't have bugzilla permissions to list bugs so that the folks with the permissions can follow up.
Please note that this is an experimental layout designed to reduce the number of edit conflicts on this page. Each section is its own subpage. The best way to work with this is to enable section editing by going to "My preferences" > "editing" > "Enable section editing via  links". When you click edit you will automatically edit the subpage.
Bugs no longer present in 4.x
If a bug is reported against a version of KDE before 4.0, but the bug can no longer be reproduced in KDE 4.x, then it should be listed here. Please do not close the bug. The Konqueror developers would like to check each one before they are closed.
bug #140654 No longer present in 4.x and in 3.5.x. It was a bug regarding a website. The bug reporter provided a screenshot. The website does not look exactly the same now so i guess the problem got fixed on the website side. Med agreed, closed with invalid katastrophe
bug #140725 No longer present in 4.x and in 3.5.x. It was a bug regarding a website. The problem probably got fixes on the website side. Med agreed, closed with invalid katastrophe
bug #140852 No longer present in 4.x and in 3.5.x. It was a bug regarding a website. The problem probably got fixes on the website side. Med agreed, closed with invalid katastrophe
bug #128496 Resolved in trunk (r803661), still present in 3.5.9. Updated to 3.5 and component changed to khtml. Talavis already closed with fixed katastrophe
- bug #36875 - still present in 3.5.9, feature not present in trunk. Grundleborg is this the right bug#? katastrophe 20:07, 4 May 2008 (CEST)
bug #50604 can't reproduce in KDE 4, but I'm not certain I understood the bug right, so needs double checking. Grundleborg already closed, katastrophe
bug #51306 still in 3.5.9, fixed in trunk. Grundleborg closed blauzahl
bug #54244 feature seems to be gone in 3.5.9 and trunk, so no more bug. Grundleborg - feature is still there in 3.5.9 and there still buggy. its gone for kde 4 DanielW Unless you want to patch this in 3.5.9, I don't think this will happen. You can get a correct folder size in trunk, so closing. Blauzahl
bug #128740 seems to be fixed in 3.5.9, and sorting of bookmarks in 4 seems to have changed, so don't apply there. Talavis verified Blauzahl
bug #132403 seems to be fixed in 4.x. jtorres
bug #122908 fixed in trunk, still present in 3.5.9 (also same according to jtorres) GrundleborgBlauzahl
- bug #122929 - can't reproduce described behaviour in trunk or 3.5.9 Grundleborg
- Problem is still there, as confirmed in the bug. Talavis
bug #132543 - can't reproduce described behaviour in trunk or 3.5.9 jtorres
bug #140670 still present in 3.5.7 but not in trunk. MedBlauzahl
- bug #140701 i am unable to reproduce this bug on KDE 3.5.7 and on SVN trunk r803711. I set $LANG and $KDE_LANG to nl_NL.UTF8@Euro. However i did not test from a XFCE session, perhaps there is a particular trigger in this case. Med
bug #64111 fixed at least as of 4.0.3 xKLAATUx
bug #127017 No longer present in trunk. emilsedgh
bug #64379 not present in 4.0.3 xKLAATUx
bug #64445 doesn't seem to be in 4.0.3 or 3.5.7 xKLAATUx
bug #128854 not present in 3.5.9 and trunk (r803611) Talavis closed by Finex Talavis
- bug #64868 not present in 4.0.3 xKLAATUx
bug #67833 couldnt reproduce in 4.0.3, closed as later katastrophe 19:26, 4 May 2008 (CEST) (blauzahl allowed me :p)
bug #67870 behaves differently in 4.0.3, i think right, but i didnt get the setting to open a new window with konqueror katastrophe 20:29, 4 May 2008 (CEST) Works fine in trunk. Closed. Med
bug #67977 tried with okular and added a step-by-step instruction, works katastrophe 20:52, 4 May 2008 (CEST) oops i didnt know okular is a new codebase, i closed it with wontfix as pinotree suggested katastrophe 21:21, 4 May 2008 (CEST) sorry
bug #140778 - the described bugs cannot be reproduced with 3.5 or with trunk. It probably got fixed on the website side. The site still has issues but not the one described in the bug report. MedBlauzahl
bug #140838 - the bug is present in 3.5.7 but not in trunk so i think it should be closed. Note that bug #67810 and bug #84131 are duplicates (even if not marked as such) and should be closed too. Med i marked 140838 and 84131 as duplicate of 67810 because its the oldest katastrophe 00:00, 5 May 2008 (CEST)
bug #71751 - no longer present in trunk. closed with worksforme as dfaure suggested DanielW
bug #74293 - Preview settings works fine. Bug fixed in 3.5.9. Cannot reproduce on 4. FiNeX closed by FiNeX
- bug #74421 - Widget style has been changed since 3.x. The bug is no more applicable. FiNeX
bug #74760 - Toolbar system has ben heavily updated on KDE4. The bug is no more valid now. FiNeX
- does the resize work well now? then it can be closed katastrophe
- bug #75972 - Cannot reproduce in trunk: autoload settings is correctly remembered. FiNeX
bug #76525 - Cannot reproduce in trunk. FiNeX closed by FiNeX
- bug #72333 - if i understand correct, it is ok now in trunk, should be closedDanielW
bug #76674 - Bug fixed on 3.5.9 and trunk. FiNeX closed by FiNeX
- bug #76934 - Bug fixed on 3.5.9. In trunk cannot be reproduced because kfind is not integrated in konqueror yet. FiNeX
bug #77555 - Bug fixed on 3.5.9 and trunk FiNeX
bug #77659 - Bug fixed on 3.5.9 and trunk FiNeX closed by FiNeX
bug #140702 - website rendering problem which i cannot reproduce neither with 3.5.7 nor with SVN trunk. It probably got fixed on the website side. I have asked the bug reporter if he can still reproduce the bug. Med
bug #77954 - Bug fixed on 3.5.9 and trunk FiNeX closed by FiNeX
- bug #140978 - The bug seems fixed in trunk, no more warnings. Med
- whats the state about the colors of the ssl stuff in the location bar? katastrophe
- no clue, but malecum just implemented a bunch of ssl stuff in 4.00.84 Blauzahl
bug #140641 - I cannot reproduce the bug in 3.5.7 and in trunk. The links to the screenshots provided by the reporter are dead though. Med The reporter confirmed he cannot reproduce the bug, i have closed it as WORKSFORME. Med
- bug #78322 - Mount/umount devices works very well now. Maybe it need to be tested a bit more because it is a very common use task. FiNeX
- possible this is a dup of something more recent, a search on sources: kubuntu and me on comments would turn it up, i thought it was distro specific
bug #140746 - I am unable to reproduce the problem with either KDE 3.5.7 or SVN trunk (r803711). Could the reporter confirm he can still reproduce the problem? Med i couldnt reproduce it with kubuntu 4.0.3 and closed it katastrophe 21:18, 7 May 2008 (CEST)
bug #72560 - worksforme in kde4 trunk DanielW was already resolved katastrophe
- bug #110105 - Cannot reproduce in 3.5.9 and trunk FiNeX
- well where is "find file" in konqueror? not in the menu, no shortcut. but if i follow the description in dolphin, the issue doesnt happen anymore so i guess is closed
- It was still there in 3.5.9 for me, where is the search option in 4? Talavis
- leave open till bram85 commits a fix for something find related Blauzahl
- bug #110366 - Seems partially fixed on 3.5.9. This is a "file management" problem, the bug is a dolphin bug. I've opened a bug report against dolphin. FiNeX
bug #72593 - worksforme in kde4 trunk DanielW closed by Talavis
bug #110859 - Fixed in 3.5.9 and trunk FiNeX works fine. Closed. Med
bug #73410 - worksforme in 3.5.9 and trunk. DanielW closed with worksforme and asked for new testurl if it still exists DanielW
- bug #102148 - couldn't reproduce, the settings are now different. probably fixed due to dolphin code katastrophe 00:44, 5 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #111293 - Bug fixed in trunk and 3.5.9. FiNeX
- I'm not sure whether to close this one. The problem is not there anymore, but it's because the Name tag seems to be ignored. Talavis
bug #111608 - Toolbar has been improved in KDE 4. This bug should be fixed. FiNeX katastrophe
bug #73624 - works for me in 3.5.9 and trunk. DanielW closed with worksforme as blauzahl sugested DanielW
- bug #102553 - i couldnt reproduce the testcase in 4.0.3, but i found the description a bit confusing, have a look katastrophe 01:30, 5 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #79370 - this is still present in 3.5.9, but fixed in 4.0.3 azuriel
bug #82616 - this is still present in 3.5.7, but fixed in 4.0.3 xKLAATUx closed Med
bug #78979 - can't reproduce in 3.5.9 or 4.0.3 azuriel closed by Talavis
bug #82927 - present in 3.5.7 but irrelevant to 4.0.3 xKLAATUx WONTFIX :) Blauzahl
bug #134776 - unable to reproduce in 3.5.9 or 4.0.3 kubuntu 8.04 sami WFM Blauzahl
- bug #141958 - no "KHTML freeze error" in 3.5.9 or 4.0.3 kubuntu 8.04 sami
- Still could be some speed issues, I think better hardware is to "blame" here. but let's see what a reporter or dev says Blauzahl
bug #142318 - not reproducible. button text is legible. 3.5.9 and 4.0.3 kubuntu 8.04 sami
bug #79738 - not reproducible in 3.5.9 or 4.0.3 kubuntu azuriel closed by someone Talavis
bug #80512 - Still valid for 3.5.9, fixed in 4.0.3 azuriel WFM Blauzahl
bug #111915 - Not valid for KDE 4. FiNeXJRT was kind enough to fix. Blauzahl
bug #112459 - Cannot reproduce (and no activity since 2005). FiNeX
- bug #112459 - Konqueror 4 settings fit better 1024x768 than 3.5.9. FiNeX
- anyway a complete test of ALL konqueror apps should be done for checking if the min size is respected
- how should KDE4 apps behave?
- if this is about checking for apps on small screens, theinfinity(?) started doing that and has a wikipage on it. he's doing a comprehensive review of kde apps Blauzahl
bug #112861 - Fixed on 3.5.9 and4.1. FiNeX
bug #61027 - still in 3.5.9, fixed in trunk (actually no longer applicable), wrong display on renaming files. lemmaREMINDBlauzahl
bug #57683 - still in 3.5.9, fixed in trunk. lemma katastrophe
bug #61273 - still in 3.5.9, fixed in trunk. lemma worksforme in trunk. Med
bug #63017 - still in 3.5.9, fixed in trunk. lemma katastrophe
- bug #62722 - still in 3.5.9, fixed in trunk (toolbar not showing if an ad-window was the only one left on closing the previous session). lemma
- iirc, this isn't fixed in trunk, see comments Blauzahl
bug #147945 - resolved in 3.5.9 and trunk. lemma worksforme in trunk. Med
bug #154919 - not present in 4.0.3 xKLAATUx already closed katastrophe
bug #83008 - couldn't reproduce this in 4.0.3 xKLAATUx closed by Talavis
bug #125854 - Cannot reproduce on 3.5.9 and trunk. Bug fixed. FiNeX
bug #126015 - Cannot reproduce on 3.5.9 and trunk. The page is correctly loaded. FiNeX
bug #126098 - Cannot reproduce on 3.5.9 and trunk. Bug fixed. FiNeX
bug #126105 - KDE 4 desktop is different from KDE 3. The bug is no more reproducible (the bug still exist in kde 3.5.9). FiNeXWONTFIX Blauzahl
- bug #126170 - Cannot reproduce on 3.5.9 and trunk. Bug fixed. FiNeX
- i have no idea, you cant select multiple files with ctrl right? katastrophe
bug #126201 - Website changed. Bug closed as invalid. FiNeX
bug #126332 - Minor bug, fixed on KDE4, not fixed on 3.5.9. FiNeX katastrophe
bug #126425 - Bug confirmed in 3.5.9. Fixed in trunk. FiNeX fixed in svn. Med
bug #126444 - It seems ok on 3.5.9 and 4 (trunk). reporter didn't answer since more than one year. FiNeX
- bug #129086 Seems to be fixed in 3.5.9, tool not available in Konq 4. Talavis
bug #114114 - Fixed on 3.5.9. Cannot reproduce on 4. FiNeX
bug #113921 - Both 3.5.9 and trunk are ok. FiNeX closed by someone (blauzahl?) Talavis
Bugs needing version field changed
Bugs should be listed here if their version field is invalid (i.e. it is listed as "unspecified") and they are still present in KDE 4, so that the version field can be corrected. In general, we are not changing the version numbers.
If a bug fits another category, put it there and add the notation that the version field needs changing.
- bug #128543 Bug still present in 3.5.9 and trunk (r803661), may be impossible to fix. Talavis
- bug #128594 Seems to be fixed in 3.5.9, but still be there in trunk. Please confirm. Talavis
Bugs with test-cases Added
Bugs that have had a test case (an example of how to reproduce the bug) added should be entered below.
Bugs with step-by-step instructions
If you have provided step by step instructions on how to reproduce a bug, please list the bug here.
- bug #123168 - still present in 3.5.9 and trunk. Grundleborg
- bug #123250 - still present in trunk. Grundleborg
- bug #123277 - still present in trunk and 3.5.9. Grundleborg
- bug #123303 - still present in trunk and 3.5.9. Grundleborg
- bug #140837 - still present in trunk and 3.5.7. I have changed the status to NEW. Med
- bug #75477 - Confirmed in 3.5.9 and trunk. FiNeX
- bug #110430 - Confirmed in trunk FiNeX
- bug #111649 - Confirmed in trunk FiNeX
- bug #102582 - Confirmed in 4.0.3 katastrophe 01:11, 5 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #102612 - confirmed in 4.0.3 katastrophe 01:41, 5 May 2008 (CEST)
- [http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=113077 bug #113077 - Bug reproduced on 3.5.9 and trunk. FiNeX bug #*bug #113077 - Bug reproduced on 3.5.9 and trunk. FiNeX]
- There is already a patch (for 3.5)
- [http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=113177 bug #113177 - Bug reproduced on 3.5.9 and trunk. FiNeX bug #*bug #113177 - Bug reproduced on 3.5.9 and trunk. FiNeX]
- There is already a patch (for 3.5)
- bug #60787 - Confirmed in 3.5.9 and trunk. lemma
- bug #59894 - Confirmed in 3.5.9 and trunk. lemma
- bug #60030 - Confirmed in 3.5.9 and trunk. lemma
- bug #56828 - crash, Confirmed in 3.5.9 and trunk. lemma
- bug #57501 - Confirmed in 3.5.9 and trunk. lemma
- bug #113494 - Java Plugin problem on Banco Brasil. FiNeX}}
- bug #126157 - Confirmed in 3.5.9 and trunk. FiNeX
- bug #126402 - Confirmed in 3.5.9 and trunk. FiNeX
- bug #113729 - confirmed in 3.5.9, partially fixed on trunk. FiNeX
- bug #155656 - confirmed in 4.0.3 katastrophe 17:46, 7 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #113835 - Confirmed in 3.5.9 and trunk. FiNeX
- bug #113921 - Konqueror 3.5.9 load (almost) well the page, konqueror 4 crash. FiNeX
- bug #70460 - i agree with Jesper Juhl, should be changed katastrophe 00:08, 9 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #114792 - Bug confirmed in 3.5.9 and trunk. FiNeX
- bug #87506 - confirmed with 4.0.4 kubuntu german locale katastrophe 12:43, 13 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #88195 - confirmed in 4.0.4, standard identification is not changeable, perhaps a mistake and it shouldnt be. otherwise the identification label should be changed into an edit box katastrophe 13:01, 13 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #86567 - confirmed in 4.0.4 katastrophe 15:33, 13 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #81122 - autocomplete behaviour still there Blauzahl
- bug #81190 - dfaure is in the process of patching this, make sure it gets marked off laterBlauzahl
Bugs to be marked as RESOLVED
Bugs filed against KDE 4 (ie, only very recent ones) that can no longer be reproduced should be listed here. Bugs filed against earlier versions of KDE that can no longer be reproduced should be listed in the section above.
Bugs to be marked as INVALID
Bugs which are no longer valid go here. A link to the bug and why it qualifies as invalid should be provided.
Some examples of when a bug should be closed as INVALID:
- The reported behavior is not a bug
- The bug is completely unrelated to KDE
This list is not exhaustive. If you feel a bug is invalid for any other reason, be sure to list it here, mentioning why you think it is invalid.
bug #160998 - He uses exactly the same version of Konqueror (3.5.9, from Kubuntu) as me, and I haven't had any trouble with it using default settings. Talavis
- He closed it on his own accord Talavis
- bug #31054 - still present in 3.5.9, but seems unlikely to be fixed there (from comments). Treeview does not seem to exist in trunk, so I guess will not be fixed. Grundleborg
bug #140723 - Kubuntu KDE upgrade problem. Blauzahl told me to close the bug report.
- bug #148329 - The HTML code of the page does not correspond to the snippet posted on the report and is rendered correctly on both 3.5.9 and 4.0.3. rakuco
bug #140808 - i cannot reproduce the problem. Apparently the reporter only forget to save the profile. I contacted him and he told me to close the bug report.
- bug #101661 - I don't feel that the wished for behavior is a desire of the general populace azuriel
bug #126477 - Not a bug, changed to WISH. FiNeX
bug #126478 - Not a bug, changed to WISH. FiNeX
- bug #70119 - still occurs, but i think this behaviour is ok katastrophe 00:07, 9 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #86985 - kghostview is not used anymore katastrophe 12:36, 13 May 2008 (CEST)
Bugs to be marked as DUPLICATE
Duplicates found should be placed here with a link to the bug which you think it is a duplicate of.
Bugs needing users with particular setups
Bugs that require particular software or hardware that you don't have available should be listed here with a description of the non-standard requirement.
- bug #36297 - need someone who can get the test application running. Grundleborg
- bug #67186 - someone with iso-8859-2 encoding is needed, i think. or i missed it somehow katastrophe 19:45, 4 May 2008 (CEST) - Tested with kde 3.5.9 on Debian with iso-88592 and utf-8, bug still exists. (ajuc)
- bug #147906 - someone with bluetooth support. rakuco
- I think this is just a bug in the users setup Talavis
- bug #78172 - Need the "crash plugin" installed. (which I haven't) FiNeX
- bug #101602 - needs someone with akregator trunk preferably katastrophe 00:27, 5 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #102590 - needs someone with kicker fileserver applet (or slow webserver) katastrophe 01:38, 5 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #140895 - someone having a NTFS-3g setup is needed. Med
- bug #140925 - someone with an account at fortuneo.fr is needed. Med
- bug #140792 - someone using MythTV is needed. Med
- bug #126815 - needs someone with access to 'ZyXEL Prestige 334 router web based configuration system' emilsedgh
- bug #111982 - "Microsoft ISA proxy" needed for test. FiNeX
- bug #112144 - "Dante" socks needed for test. FiNeX
- bug #112385 - Needed "some days" with a PC running KDE for testing a possible problem on memory allocation. FiNeX
- Meanwhile I've asked a feedbak on bugzilla :-)
- bug #113743 - Alternative inputh methods needed for testing. FiNeX
- bug #69445 - i couldnt notice this on gentoo 4.0.3, perhaps someone with a slower machine is needed. i noticed another similar bug in kubuntu 4.0.3. when you do the step-by-step instructions, the main toolbar does not get updated. (talk to me on irc) katastrophe 17:34, 7 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #70495 - flash is needed katastrophe 00:11, 9 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #71519 - needs to be tested with several filesystems(ntfs, reiser) katastrophe 15:42, 9 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #70852 - needs to be tested with ntfs and fat or smb katastrophe 15:44, 9 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #87326 - i test in a vm and cant plugin removable devices katastrophe 14:00, 13 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #148015 - need windows shares (samba) Talavis
- bug #148112 - need build without libthai Talavis
Non english locales
Bugs requiring non-English locales should be listed here, along with the locale they require.
- bug #123013 - needs testing with an 8bit locale (not UTF-8).
- bug #79545 - needs testing with kde4 and konq4 and at least two languages installed, already reproducible in 3.5.9 azuriel
- bug #88448 - should be tested with cyrillic or arabic locale katastrophe 13:13, 13 May 2008 (CEST)
- Tested with konqueror 3.5.9 bg_BG.UTF-8 locale (cyrillic), works fine for me. zmeYski 12:36, 16 May 2008 (EEST)
Bugs needing attention from Konqueror developers
Add bugs here if you need to find out whether the observed behavior is intended, or if there's some other reason that it would be useful for a Konqueror developer to take a look. Make sure you indicate why the bug needs attention from them.
|Always defer policy decisions to developers.|
- bug #45337 - should space select/deselect files? policy decision. Grundleborg
- bug #46371 - policy decision. Grundleborg
- bug #54687 - wildcard feature was missing in kde4: FIXED. This bug: FIXED dfaure
- bug #56071 - what is the status of this? is there still an issue? Grundleborg
- bug #123241 - do the developers intend to change this? otherwise its a WONTFIX. Grundleborg
- bug #67939 - policy decision if derefences links are counted or not, i think it should be fixed. katastrophe 20:02, 4 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #68347 - usability issue katastrophe 20:13, 4 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #67810 - i dont know if the menukey should work on links katastrophe 00:08, 5 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #110318 - Performance issue. Need attention from developers. FiNeX
- bug #100774 - policy question, should the file be opened with the same viewer or not? katastrophe 00:37, 5 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #111474 - Should "<" and ">" escaped in URLs? FiNeX
- bug #65877 - Seems less a bug than a wishlist item, but it does still occur in both 4.0.3 and 3.5.7 xKLAATUx
- bug #66016 - still present 4.0.3 xKLAATUx
- bug #65470 - still present 4.0.3 xKLAATUx
- bug #82930 - still present 4.0.3 and 3.5.7 xKLAATUx
- bug #142307 - different behavior in kubuntu 8.04 3.5.9 (web site error) and 4.0.3 (konqueror crash) sami
- bug #61669 - still in 3.5.9 and trunk, might be a wish: no default filename extension on creating new files using konqueror. lemma
- bug #56857 - still in 3.5.9 and trunk, might be a wish: user can open "change icon" dialog on folders he doesn't have access to (can't save though). lemma
- bug #59965 - still in 3.5.9 and trunk, caching behaviour: Konqueror reloads stuff it wouldn't have to when the cache is not enabled. lemma
- bug #115059 - IMHO this is not a bug. The "copy image" action on konqueror copy the whole image, not only the URL. The behavior seems correct to me. FiNeX
- bug #102218 - i think dfaure wanted to change the ssl colors anyway, usability question katastrophe 22:16, 13 May 2008 (CEST)
Bugs awaiting feedback
NB. Feedback should only be requested for bugs if you have tried and failed to reproduce them or if the report contains insufficient information to try and reproduce the bug. Requesting feedback for a bug should be seen as a last resort only.
Bugs for which feedback has been requested, which should be revisited in 30 days to see if there's any response. Please list all bugs here for which feedback has been requested.
- bug #132350 - The link in the bug does not exists any more. Asked the bug autor for a new link. jtorres
- Added wayback machine link: it looks like the gifs don't show up. Needs a testcase, or someone who knows js better. If its animated gifs, that's probably a dup. Blauzahl
bug #157423 - 3 people tested with newer versions and none had a problem. Seems fixed. Waiting for confirmation from the author.
- bug #140830 the file filtering does not seem to be implemented in SVN which means for now i cannot try to reproduce the bug. I have filed bug #161626 reporting this. If the feature has been removed on purpose, bug #140830 can be marked as invalid, otherwise the bug has to be fixed before trying to reproduce the bug. Med
bug #111271 - Waiting for feedback about the validity of blocking POST on port 87. FiNeX
- bug #111162 - Is toggling the status bar visibility a needed feature? FiNeX
- bug #111675 - the website is rendered quite well. Maybe it has been changed since 3 years ago. Asked to the reporter if I'm right. FiNeX
- Agreed. They seem to have flash problems now. If they don't respond, REMIND close it, is my vote. Blauzahl
- bug #112861 - Asked more informations. FiNeX
bug #113345 - The webpage is not reachable. Asked for a testcase. FiNeX
- bug #125922 - Asked more info. FiNeX
- need to be running a webserver to testBlauzahl
- bug #126024 - Asked more info for testing. FiNeX
bug #126067 - It seems fixed on both 3.5.9 and trunk. Asked to reporter and commenters if them agree to close the bug report. FiNeX
bug #126429 - Waiting feedback from reporter. Anyway the main bug seems fixed. FiNeX
- bug #115286 - Waiting for a testcase. FiNeX
Bugs that are not related to today's target application should be listed here so they can be reassigned to the correct bugzilla product.
Bugs that you can't do
If you have bugs in your month that you can't do, and no-one has been able to help you with on IRC, please list them here for someone else to have a look at.
- bug #122947 - very confused about this one. Grundleborg
- bug #73765 - related to proxy settings, which are not working in kde 4 at the moment. DanielW
- bug #80404 - still present in 3.5.9, but a recent SVN doesn't seem to support MNG images azuriel
- bug #83326 - I can kind of recreate this bug but it seems like a Quanta bug not a Konq bug. Ask Lemma for more info as per his 04-06-2008 comment xKLAATUx
- bug #70469 - konq crashes, cant test until bug #155656 is resolved katastrophe 17:41, 7 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #70869 - recent documents behaves strangely here, no idea katastrophe 15:23, 9 May 2008 (CEST)
- bug #70495 - im totally confused, so much suggestions there. katastrophe 13:58, 13 May 2008 (CEST)
bug #128775 - User seems to have forgotten the bug (no responce to questions from 2007), so what shall I do, close it? Talavis already resolved katastrophe
- bug #128965 - The bug appears after a few hours of browsing, I usually close my windows by reflex when I'm done, so I can't test Talavis
- bug #148023 - I don't understand exactly what triggers the bug Talavis
- bug #148091 - the classic "flash not working". I think my konq 3.5.9 is patched to make it work Talavis
- bug #81847 bah, need a http server with webdav(ssl) supportBlauzahl
- bug #82493 needs a tgz with dup files for testcase, original goneBlauzahl
- bug #33210 "Save picture as" uncomfortable ....what???