Application specific tips
At Beta5 the state of KWord is that the application has been stabilized to a large extend and all present features should work with small exceptions.
The loading and saving of documents has not received a lot of attention and therefor it is well known that there will be loads of problems in loading ODFs. So testing KWord by loading may give you some silly results beware of that. And I'd rather have interaction and new document creation be the focus of testing due to that. (ThomasZ)
Please put your IRC nickname and KOffice svn revision number (or beta5) in the table if you are testing this app.
|| KOffice svn revision number tested
|| Testing details
|| In progress...
Please list all bugs found in the application below here. Remember to sign every comment you write on this wiki page with ~~~.
- After starting kword, with the colorful document, the default tool is Text Editing, without doing anything else, when I choose Paragraph tool, the options bars suffer a little colapse. Look at:
NOTE: It happens also with a lot of tools.
NOTE: This only happens with the colorful document, with a blank document it does not happen.
- The tool toolbar can not be horizontally srinked to only one or two tools (specially usefull on small screens). Jtamate
NOTE: This only happens with one user account (that has used previous betas), with a fresh new account it does not happen.
- Find does nothing. Hope the find interface will change to something similar to what kate has. Jtamate
- The hand drawing plots are not saved (or loaded). What I wrote:
But only the text is restored. If there are some things that can not be saved or restored, it should be shown when saving the file.Jtamate
- With a chart in a document, autosave crashed (unfortunately I can not provide backtraces) Jtamate
- There is no menu entry to configure Kword (including Autosave time) Jtamate
- Changing to some tools, the window height is increased beyond the screen limit. Jtamate
- Overstriking more than one text line, only does it good in the first line. The others get overstriked at the end. Jtamate
- Predefined Format does not revert paragraph formats.
- The paragraph formats does have some problems with the second line in the right part. It is always displaced to the right. Jtamate
- When the view is divided, the toolbars are multiplied. Jtamate
- Selecting "character tipography", in spanish "tipo de letra", there is no tipography preview (very usefull). Jtamate
- Selecting "character tipography", in spanish "tipo de letra", the cursor is a hand in the tipography, but not in the size or format. Jtamate
- In decoration (text properties), the ... button clears the color section. Is not better a <x button?