This bug day will take place on Sunday, August 1st 2010, but feel free to start early. The aim of this bug day is to get as many Dolphin-related bugs done as possible. Our target for triage is bugs listed in bugs.kde.org under the product Dolphin.
Goals of this Bug Day
- Check if bugs reported for Dolphin which are previously UNCONFIRMED are reproducible.
- If a bug's description is somewhat unclear, try to provide a better step-by-step procedure on how to reproduce it. This will make it easier for developers to find and fix the bug.
- Some bugs may not be reproducible on every installation of KDE. Thus we use a 4-eye principle, having at least 2 triagers look at the bugs before we make any changes on the bugs themselves.
- Some more information on how to mark bugs can be found on This page.
- Be sure to join #kde-bugs on irc.freenode.net, as this is where the bug-day will be coordinated. (You can even join now!)
- You should be working with KDE SC 4 (either 4.4 or newer, preferably 4.5 RC3 or SVN trunk) for testing these bugs.
|Always make a note on the bug of what the status is in the version you are testing with (be explicit as to what version of 4 you are using, mentioning whether it is a source build and which distro the packages come from).|
Is it a big bug?
Prioritizing is good. If a major application doesn't work, this should be taken care of.
Keep an eye on what the "Version:" fields say in Bugzilla. If it says "unspecified", change the version field to match what the report says, i.e. to match version the bug was first reported in. Do not change the version number if it is currently set as a number! (ex. from 4.0 to 4.2)
As requested by the Dolphin maintainter, just leave it to the version where the user has reported it, not to the version where it could be reproduced.
Keep this page updated!
After adding triaged bugs on this page, you should keep an eye on their bugzilla status. Add yourself on the CC field in bugzilla to be informed about updates. When a bug is closed on bugzilla, it should be updated on this page.
You can do this with the tag <s>...</s>
Please select a period of bugs from the Division of Labour section below and mark your name next to it and mark it with your irc nickname to show that you are working on it. When you have completed all the bugs in that section, please mark it as complete.
For each bug, try and reproduce it as described in the report. Then list it in the appropriate section below. If you wish to close or mark as duplicate a bug, please list it here even if you have the bugzilla permissions to do so, in order to get a second opinion from another triager. This will help to reduce the number of incorrect actions taken on bugs.
Tell developers what you are testing with. (If you expect to upgrade between now and Bug Day, put what version you are using now next to the bugs/comments that you put on this page.)
Please give distro/version or SVN branch/trunk with revision below:
|| KDE version used for testing
|| KDE SC 4 svn trunk r1157840
|| KDE SC 4 svn trunk rev. 1156755
|| KDE 4.3.0 with Fedora 10
|| KDE 4.4.5, ArchLinux
|| KDE SC 4 svn trunk r1157874
|Please be sure to sign every bug or comment you add to this page with your irc nickname. You can use the wiki markup ~~~ to insert your wiki username automatically (but only do this if it is the same as your IRC nickname, otherwise write your IRC nickname in by hand).|
Division of Labour
Please choose a batch that is not already taken and then query bugs.kde.org for all bugs in that batch. Please mark you irc nickname in the table below to show which batches bugs you are working on to avoid duplication of effort.
The bugzilla query to use for this triage day can be found here.
(Total bugs 147)
Below lists the various sections for completed bugs. This aids everyone in double checking each other's work. In addition this allows those of us that don't have bugzilla permissions to list bugs so that the folks with the permissions can follow up.
Please note that this is an experimental layout designed to reduce the number of edit conflicts on this page. Each section is its own subpage. The best way to work with this is to enable section editing by going to "My preferences" > "editing" > "Enable section editing via  links". When you click edit you will automatically edit the subpage.
Bugs needing Version Field changed
If you don't have bugzilla permissions yet, you can't change version fields. Put what needs changing here and someone else will go through and do it for you. Don't worry, you'll have permissions soon enough...
Valid bugs with step-by-step instructions
If it is a deterministic bug, put it here. Make sure it has instructions. You should be able to verify it. (Write that you did on bugzilla and include your version information.)
- bug #233335 - Wrong selected files after pasting and renaming destination filename. FiNeX
- bug #235794 -
Detail view mode: sometimes clicking on the column header doesn't trigger the ordering. FiNeX
- bug #240820 - A better message could be useful. Anyway this is a dup but I cannot find the original report. FiNeX
- bug #237854 - Places icon isn't refreshed even if the original file has been changed. FiNeX
- bug #238771 -
CD is not ejected if the preview is enabled and the thumbnail are being generated. FiNeX
- bug #229465 -
Deleting files (move to trash) doesn't work correctly on Windows platform. FiNeX
- bug #244484 - Wrong datestamp and permission on files created remotely (SFTP). FiNeX
- bug #244619 - After some minutes, swithing tabs in dolphin cause a quick flickering. FiNeX
- bug #245226 - Free space available not shown on SMB share. Probably this is not a bug but a limitation of the SMB protocol. FiNeX
- bug #245125 - Opening a directory with 10000 files on a mounted samba share is 10 times slower than opening the same directory using smb:// (kio). FiNeX
- bug #243993 -
Cannot select file with arrow keys if the directory contains only 1 file. FiNeX
- bug #226442 -
I can't reproduce this bug, neither by clicking nor by selecting a file. Lemma
- ppenz reproduced it :-( http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=226442#c10 FiNeX
- bug #227976 -
Can't reproduce this bug. Neither using 4.4.5 nor current trunk. Lemma.
- Marked as NEW, I'm able to reproduce it. Jtamate
- Confirmed in KDE 4.5 FiNeX
- bug #244513 -
It works fine on KDE 4.4.5. maybe on KDE 4.5/trunk it doesn't?. FiNeX
- Bug confirmed in KDE 4.5.0 FiNeX
Bugs that are RESOLVED
If the bug doesn't exist anymore, it goes here. WORKSFORME!
- bug #213575
Can not reproduce, it works as should following the steps in the bug report. Jtamate
- bug #221361 -
Strange distorted display when clicking file properties. Doesn't really look like a Dolphin bug and I can't reproduce. Lemma
- bug #227538 -
Cutting files seems slower than neccessary on my KDE SC 4.4.5 installation but runs fine using current trunk. Lemma
- bug #228891 -
Can't reproduce (tried using Gramps 3.2.3, Dolphin from 4.4.5 and trunk). Lemma
- bug #239856
Can't reproduce with 4.4.5 32 bit (works as expected). Gentoochild
- Application order settings remembered (file association). FiNeX
- bug #229731
- Removable devices are shown in the quick access list near the path breadcrumb. FiNeX
- bug #236811
- OpenOffice doesn't support KIO, anyway recent KDE versions allows to open a local copy of remote files and after you can send back the changes. FiNeX
- bug #235613 -
Cannot reproduce: it looks that browsing compressed files with special chars in the path now works fine. FiNeX
- bug #235284 -
When the embedded terminal is opened, dolphin shortcus doesn't work (except F1..F12). This is the correct behaviour. FiNeX
- bug #234918
- The reporter found it fixed on the 4.4.3 version (sftp connection problem). FiNeX
- bug #240903
- No more hangs or memory problems opening file information dialog on big video files. FiNeX
- bug #239058 -
Dolphin (and KIO) doesn't use too much CPU opening FTP connections. FiNeX
- bug #237539 -
Copying file to usb device works even dropping the file on the places icon. FiNeX
- bug #232017 -
I don't have an external hard-drive/thumbdrive so I can't test this. Lemma
Put suspected duplicates here.
A bug is INVALID if it describes desired behavior, or something that isn't a bug.
- bug #234217
The automount feature of a external HDD is managed by HAL (with rigths configurable at /etc/hald/....) or Solid. Also, there is a simple workaround. Create the contents inside a folder of the folder where it is mounted. It is invalid (or a solid bug) Jtamate
- I would consider this bug as invalid too. The behaviour is what I expect. FiNeX
Valid bugs that should be marked as NEW
If a bug was previously UNCONFIRMED and you can reproduce it, put it here.
- bug #182914 It keeps a light blue selected when you right click and do not uses the menu (rigth clicking in the main view, or just pressing ESC). Jtamate
- bug #241132
Confirmed. Does not uses the current drag cursor theme mouse icon, or is a new one without equivalence in the mouse cursor themes. Jtamate
- bug #244938 - Subversion support display versioned files on symlinked directories. (confirmed by ppenz) FiNeX
Dolphin bugs that need attention from developers
If anything is in doubt, put it here, and give a description of why you think a developer should look at it.
- bug #240972
The status line info policy seems to be: if the mouse is over an item, show this information, with priority over the keyboard actions. Is this rigth? Jtamate
- bug #223680 -
Related to using FTP in Dolphin. Can't reproduce but it might be specific to the server software used by the reporter. Lemma
- bug #227412 - I only get one thumbnailer so it seems like the actual bug got fixed, however when closing Dolphin the thumbnailer keeps creating thumbnails and the jobs don't seem to get cancelled. Lemma
- bug #228157 -
Can't reproduce but there might be something particular I'm missing to reproduce. Lemma
- bug #237204 -
Dolphin crash with complete backtrace and no way to reproduce it again. FiNeX
- bug #237302 -
Issue deleting files from software RAID (md). Wrong .Trash directory used. FiNeX
- bug #241504 -
Performance issue. Sometimes dolphin hangs even copying small files. Don't know how to reproduce and if it is a dolphin bug. FiNeX
Bugs needing Feedback
If a bug sounds valid but can't really be reproduced and needs more information from the reporter, put it here.
- bug #220517
Can not reproduce (I've tried folders with spaces, copying them, their children,...). I think it deserves to ask the reporter if he is still able to reproduce it with a more recent KDE SCJtamate
- bug #241212
Can not reproduce with a slow usb stick, but asking the reporter would be better. Jtamate
- bug #246030 - Can't reproduce, works as expected here. However, asked the user how his KDE was built (sources/packages) for further investigation. anselmolsm
- bug #232536 -
I didn't figure out how to reproduce this bug (ie. what conditions the file being copied has to match in order to get the dialog). Tried on 4.4.5 using a loop-mounted ntfs image. Lemma
- bug #229170 - Bug description not clear (IMHO). Asked the reporter for more information. FiNeX
- bug #229953 -
Really: I cannot understand the problem. I've asked for more info. FiNeX
- bug #233747 - Asked for a screenshot. Moreover this is not a dolphin bug but a driver/libraries bug. FiNeX
- bug #236828 -
The reporter didn't explain well the problem. Let's wait for a feedback. FiNeX
- bug #235896 - Never happened to me... it could be a style problem. I've asked the reporter which style he is using. FiNeX
- bug #240826 - Behaviour confirmed: dolphin audio preview volume uses the master volume. Is this really a bug? FiNeX
- bug #238856 -
Quite strange: the reporter cannot cut files anymore. Asked for some more information. FiNeX
- bug #237713 -
Peter is waiting for more info, like someone else who is able to reproduce (I'm not). FiNeX
- bug #237301 - Problem accessing audio CD from dolphin. The reporter says on Ubuntu 10.04 it works. Asked if it works with gnome or KDE. FiNeX
- bug #235448 -
Cannot reproduce: when I copy a file twice on the same destination a rename/overwrite dialog appears. FiNeX
- Moved in waiting for info until the report will be able to try it using KDE 4.5 FiNeX
- bug #240204 -
Date and time are correct on file properties dialog. FiNeX
- Moved in waiting for info
- bug #237661 -
Bookmarks of removable devices doesn't disappear when the device is umounted. FiNeX
- Moved in waiting for info FiNeX
Bugs that need particular setups/equipment to test
If a bug needs for example special hardware, network servers or locales installed, put it here.
- bug #229817 - Samba share with underscore in WINS/DNS domain name needed for testing. FiNeX
- bug #240427 - Samba share with non latin name. Probably a dup of bug #190608. FiNeX
- bug #237797 - Floppy drive needed... OMG, this device has become obsolete! FiNeX
- bug #245038 - File name encoding issue. Could this be a duplicate of the old "wontfix" bug regarding encoding?. FiNeX
- bug #242738 - Password-less Server with SSH authorization file depending on connection port needed. FiNeX
If it is a valid bug, but not a dolphin bug, it might have been assigned the wrong product on Bugzilla. Put it here so it can be reassigned to the proper component.
- bug #230744 - Reproducible on 4.4.5 but seems not to be specific to Dolphin but the kioslave that does tar. Lemma
- bug #235486 - This bug should have been fixed recently. Moreover I cannot reproduce it. FiNeX
- The reporter says he is still able to reproduce. It could be a dirty config FiNeX
- bug #234500 -
Asked for a step-by-step explanation for reproduce the bug. FiNeX
- Marked as "waitingfor info and moved in KIO FiNeX
In this section put the bugs that you think the primary cause of the bug are nepomuk or strigi.
- bug #234473
When searching for files contents, nepomuk could still not answer in time. Jtamate
- bug #244562 -
Dolphin uses too much CPU(100%)when right click on video file. FiNeX
Bugs you can't do
If there are bugs you can't test for whatever reason (apart from the ones needing a particular setup which have their own section), fill those in here.
- bug #232017 -
I don't have an external hard-drive/thumbdrive so I can't test this. Lemma