Gwenview User Research Profile
Gwenview makes it easy to quickly view an image, browse your picture folders and perform simple image manipulations.
Who is the application for?
- Occasional photographers
- "Single shot users" (suggestion for a better term?): users who want to quickly view an image from a website or an email.
Who is the application not for
- Professional photographers
- Digital artists
Sample User Profiles
Jane: Jane is a busy mother of two children, who likes to shoot pictures for various family events (birthday, football match, dancing spectacle). She uses an entry level digital camera which can shoot pictures and record short videos. She likes to be able to print pictures to give them to grandma and grandpa, who do not deal with computers.
She regularly communicates with other mothers on a web forum and likes to share pictures with them through image hosting services like ImageShack.
She also exchange pictures via email with her friends.
What kinds of tasks will they complete
- Browse images and videos organized in folders
- Import images and videos from a digital camera
- Perform basic manipulations:
- red eye reduction
- adjusting brightness and contrast (providing a "magic" button would be nice)
- View images in fullscreen and start a slideshow
- Print one or several images at a time
- Start an external image editor for more advanced image manipulations
What kinds of functionality will the application not support
- Advanced image edition
- Support for 16 bit pictures
Sample Use Scenarios and Cases
- Importing pictures: Jane shot a few dozen photographs from last family weekend, she wants to import them on her computer.
- Showing pictures from vacation: Jane is back from holidays. She wants to show the best pictures she shot as a slideshow to a couple of friends.
- Printing a picture for grandma: Grandma would like a paper copy of a picture of her grand son to put in a picture frame in the living room.
- Use case "Importing pictures": After plugging her memory card in her computer, Jane is greeted with Gwenview import wizard, which presents a view of the pictures in the card. After selecting a destination folder (usually a subfolder of ~/Pictures/Year/) she can select the pictures to import. She can either just import pictures or "import and remove them".
Environment Conditions & Requirements
- List of environmental conditions for the user or the application to consider
- For example, an Internet-capable application would require an Internet connection
This page was last modified on 23 April 2008, at 09:24. This page has been accessed 6,058 times. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 as well as the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2.