| Tutorial Series
|| basic level of ruby skills
| What's Next
| Further Reading
About Ruby Bindings
Through the engagement of only a few guys the project Korundum on Rubyforge was raised,
which allowed to use the famous Qt toolkit within the [ruby language]. The bindings were were ported to allow the use of Qt4 and KDE4. After years of development this
bindings can be considered as stable for production usage.
After creating a minimum of content the wiki pages will be copied into a
book made with LaTeX for people prefering
to work with a printed version of this set of tutorials. Afterwards the book
should be synchronized with the wiki maybe every half year.
Installation Of Ruby
- Installation of Ruby
- setup ruby itself for end-user and developers
Installation Of Bindings
- Installation on Linux
- setup ruby bindings for end-user and developers on Linux-based systems
- Installation on Mac OS
- setup ruby bindings for end-user and developers on Apple Mac OS
- Installation on Windows
- setup ruby bindings for end-user and developers on Microsoft Windows
The Ruby Language
Before starting into Ruby-KDE hacking you may want to refresh your Ruby.
Or do you meet Ruby for the first time? Take a look on these sites:
- Official Ruby Homepage with a lot of information
- Why's (Poignant) Guide to Ruby
- Very famous ruby guide in comic style
- Test Ruby right in your browser
- a lot of ruby documentation with usefull links
- Ruby Programming from Wikibooks
- Share Ruby code with friends (i.e. in IRC)
- Share usefull code snippets in different languages and learn from other people
- Improve the Vim editor with intelligent Ruby code completion features
- Ruby Editors
- List from the Ruby Programming Wikibook
- Hello World
- Start with some simple ruby programs using Qt
- ↑ Richard Dale: KDE Bindings in KDE 4.5. In: his blog (January 2010).
This page was last modified on 21 January 2010, at 16:13. This page has been accessed 6,083 times. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 as well as the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2.